WI - Six people shot to death by Forest County deputy, Crandon, Oct 7, 2007

Now I'm wondering because I don't think he looks the same! The one at the Fox news site looks like such a happy, healthy young man. What in the world goes so wrong that you go ballistic and kill others and then yourself? Over a GIRL? How are kids getting the message that this is ok to do?

Anyway, Fox news says the pic is from the Crandon HS yearbook. There was a TP that went to Eleva-Strum though, and was in athletics.

My prayers are with all the families and friends right now. In such a small town everyone will have trouble with this one. :(

Eleva is South of Eau Claire Wi / it would be quite a ways from Crandon.To far for them to share a high school. I googled them & its 188 miles one way.

I heard this AM that one of the kids is in critical condition from injuries. Has anyone heard yet what time the presser is?

I happened to see this story on my Comcast homepage this morning and came here to WS to find out more. What a sad, sad story. My thoughts and prayers to the victim's families and the whole town. :mad:

Just found these, my prayers are with the families!
cleardot.gif
More Top Stories [SIZE=-3]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-2]TVNZ[/SIZE]
Town reels after rampage kills 6
[SIZE=-1]Chicago Tribune - 23 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Robert Gutsche Jr. | Special to the Tribune October 8, 2007 MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old lawman shattered the calm of a small logging town in the North Woods of Wisconsin on Sunday morning, crashing a house party and shooting to death six high ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Police track down deputy who stormed party, killed six people [SIZE=-1]CNN International[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jilted police officer kills six in Wisconsin rampage [SIZE=-1]New York Daily News[/SIZE][/SIZE]

On the News lastnight they stated Lindsay Stahl (14 yr old killed in rampage ) & Peterson ( shooter) were related. Stahl's Dad is a fireman.

On the News they stated he was born & raised in Crandon.
News could be wrong.......but thats what they said.

That doesn't mean he lives there now though, does it? Or, do you have to live in the town you work in as a police officer? Maybe he had to live in another place in order to be a Deputy though, and got a pass because of that? :waitasec:

That doesn't mean he lives there now though, does it? Or, do you have to live in the town you work in as a police officer? Maybe he had to live in another place in order to be a Deputy though, and got a pass because of that? :waitasec:

I am certain a deputy has to live in the county he works for. At least the deputies I know & the local LE has to live in the township. At least thats the way it is here.

Eleva is South of Eau Claire Wi / it would be quite a ways from Crandon.To far for them to share a high school. I googled them & its 188 miles one way.

I heard this AM that one of the kids is in critical condition from injuries. Has anyone heard yet what time the presser is?

Thanks for clearing that up, cheko1.

from one story I read, it sounded like the 14 yr-old as his girlfriend but it makes more sense that it was the 18-year old girl.

This is so sad. The killer is too young to have been a deputy sheriff!! That's just crazy.

Just found these, my prayers are with the families!
cleardot.gif
More Top Stories

[SIZE=-2]TVNZ[/SIZE]
Town reels after rampage kills 6
[SIZE=-1]Chicago Tribune - 23 minutes ago[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]By Robert Gutsche Jr. | Special to the Tribune October 8, 2007 MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old lawman shattered the calm of a small logging town in the North Woods of Wisconsin on Sunday morning, crashing a house party and shooting to death six high ...[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Police track down deputy who stormed party, killed six people [SIZE=-1]CNN International[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Jilted police officer kills six in Wisconsin rampage [SIZE=-1]New York Daily News[/SIZE][/SIZE]

thanks for the links. wow, this line of the Tribune story kills me :(

"A second victim was Bradley Schultz, 20, a third-year student at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee who was home to visit his friends, said his aunt Sharon Pisarek.

"We still don't have many details, but from what they've told us, there was a girl next to him and he was covering her, protecting her," she said, sobbing. "He was loved by everybody. He was everybody's son.""

:(

Apparently, Peterson acted without thinking through the consequences of his actions and did not even consider how this would forever impact the lives of his friends and relatives or the community.

One defining characteristic of an adult is that he/she thinks long term. When this happens is different for each person, but 20 seems quite young. I wonder how long he had been an officer. Peterson was also dating a high school student, which indicates to me that he hadn't really moved on from his own h.s. years and was still not what most persons would call an adult either by age or by maturity.

What Crandon and Forest County did was essentially to arm a kid they thought - probably by background - would be a good clean fit. Obviously, this was not enough. Peterson's pictures show a clean-cut guy, but revealed nothing about what was inside of him. Although nothing is guaranteed, Wisconsin should at least have an age limit of 21 for LE officers. It will be interesting to see how his pre-murder behaviors unfold as the investigation progresses.

A possible reason for the change of address: He is from a small town. He would have to go elsewhere to get the law enforcement training. So he could have grown up in Crandon, graduated in the last few years, moved to a larger community for LE courses, then moved back to his hometown so he could get a job.

On WBBM radio out of Chicago this a.m. they reported that the shooter had recently told people he was under a lot of stress and had girlfriend problems. That, coupled with the facts that he was only 20 and had access to guns absolutely screams to me "Take away the guns and put him on leave!"

Hoppy

He had only been an employee of Forest County for one week.

The mainstream news media have not published this fact. Thanks for digging around.

Here are the victims:

Lindsey Stahl, 14

Jordanne Murray, 18

Katrina McCorkle, 18

Leanna Thomas, 18

Aaron Smith

Bradley Schultz, 20

The town sounds like it's filled with nice caring people:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071008/ap_on_re_us/wisconsin_shooting

"The town of about 2,000 people last made headlines in August, when community groups and a soldier helped bring an Iraqi girl to the United States for a cornea transplant."

I seriously can't imagine LE handing over a badge to a 20 yr old much let alone make him a deputy sheriff.

You'd think some heads would be rolling in Wi today for such stupidity on the behalf of LE.

I don't care what kind of a nice kid people thought he was. He WASN"T he killed 6 & critically injured a 7th. LE gave him a badge to go in & kill innocent people! Why because the idiot got dumped???? Well big whoopty doo......it happens everywhere in the world people get dumped & not everyone goes out & kills that many kids. If he snapped that easily he shouldn't of had the rights to carry a gun or arrest anyone! JMHO

He had only been an employee of Forest County for one week.

I know I read somewhere (and I have read so many articles they are all swimming together:doh: ) that he was hired in January of this year. I cant remember if it was the Deputy position or the part time position he held with the Canden PD.

But let me ask a dumb question because I know nothing about myspace. Do you have to put your actual town down or are you allowed to put any town down that you want on your profile? tia

imoo

The mainstream news media have not published this fact. Thanks for digging around.

MSM did publish that fact. It's in the article I linked to my original post.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back