TX TX - Deanna Merryfield, 13, Killeen, 22 July 1990 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missie, thank you for the link. In the article I noticed that Danydia Thompson was also pictured and mentioned. How ironic that years ago in 1997, I searched with my dog, Shep for little Danydia. We teamed up with soldiers from Fort Hood who came in the hundreds to help on that search that lasted about 8 days. That was a very tough case especially because of how she was found, and I still think of and pray for her mom.

I am still here and ready to help in any way that I can, friend:blowkiss:.

Sending my prayers that Deanna is home soon.

Salem

I remember you telling me about little Danydia. I was very glad that she was in the story, but it made my heart sad to think about it again. Jenna Rae went missing when I was in elementary school, and I remember her case very well-there was panic in our community to say the least.

Thinking about Deanna and hoping there are lots of new leads and that she will be in touch with her wonderful sisters, soon.

Salem

Thank you Salem :)
Not much going on. I still need to contact the newspaper. Things have been super busy at home but hopefully weds. I can try

Missie, best of luck to you in contacting the newspaper on Wednesday, friend:blowkiss:.

This is a snippet of an email Sgt.Davis sent me today

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

ALWAYS when I think Sgt.D is giving up on this he comes to me via email with a boost!! I'm so excited!

Missie, I think of you often. Sorry I have not been around as much these days or on skm. I recently had spinal fusion surgery. Were you able to contact the paper for a follow-up story? If not, then perhaps some of our members here could gently nudge the reporter to Deanna's threads here and show the interest and voracity with which she is being searched for on the web. I think it's worth a try and maybe he could spin the story with a "websleuth" type angle and get Deanna's info in there again. It's worth a shot - what do ya think?

Hope life is treating you well. Glad to hear the marital situation is well. Miss ya!!

-a

As this area is home to Fort Hood, I'd be interested in knowing if anyone in the military was ever considered or investigated in Deanna's case.

Thank you for your question jazzbo13 and welcome to Websleuths!!! I don't believe they suspected any military connection to her disappearance, but remember there was little to no investigation when she disappeared. Keep in mind at that time the Ft.Hood/Killeen area was not nearly as populated as it is now, and our family wasn't the type the military people hung out with.

Yes, the sad fact is that many of these kids due to their backgrounds, associations, and past LE contact are considered "lost causes" and cases, mostly due to limited resources, must be prioritized. It’s a safe bet that not many man hours were ever spent on your sister’s disappearance. I do hope you one day find the answers and the peace that you are seeking.

Thank you Jazzbo, I strongly believe that some day we will have the answers we seek.

Missie, my friend soon I will be more available to help you with anything I can do:blowkiss:. We are in the process of moving, and things are beyond hectic right now. But, I want you to know that I am here for you and I think of Deann and you often.

LionRun!
OMG You're back!!!!!:clap::clap::clap:
And OMG You're moving!!!!!! I'm not sure of which to be more excited about!!

I'm sorry I haven't been on so much. My husband was in Japan for a while. Working full time and handling the kids and everything else on my own was much harder than I expected! Unfortunately he will be leaving again next month for D.C.

It's good to read your post, friend:). No worries about not being on as much. I understand what happens when family needs us. When we have a touch more free time perhaps we can pick up where we left off in finding Deanna:blowkiss:.

I think of you and Deanna all the time. I am bumping for her, but I am so glad to hear you are well and have a new job! ttys!

Missie,

I have just read all of the threads regarding your sister and it's nice to see what a great a job you are doing trying to piece everything together of her whereabouts before she went missing.

Have you had any updates lately?? Hopefully it will be solved soon!!

chaddylex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members