Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

While I really don't give a rip if she was hacked or not, I hope the details of those letters were such that the FBI have new information about the A fam dealings in them. There is a reason the hacker sent them to WFTV and I would like to know what exactly was contained in the letters. I take it the email about the hairbrush details were not part of the 4 letters sent later because KB was asked not to use them by the FBI and she complied with their request.

Oh NOOOO.. Here we go again!!!!
jpicsHh80cxNwIEnwciS.gif

KarateDad, I just love your Squirrelly sense of humor!! BTW, I noticed that GA was driving around town with the billboard on Thanksgiving Day, and CA said that they were out of town for the holiday. Where? Could she have been in "Ocala" where these "bogus" emails came from? Plus, can't they ever get their stories straight?

It is very easy to hide your IP. I have a program that hides mine when I deal with the Ex-in laws. Simply because I do not want them anywhere near us and especially not showing up on my door step. I think the last time I checked my hidden IP it was from New Mexico, which suits me just fine.

I really don't think it would hide it so close to their real IP address though. I think it randomly puts it in a different state and even a different country at times. Now I guess even with this program if LE really wanted the info they could get the correct IP location.

LE/FBI needs to take a formal, written complaint/statement by CA. If she gives one, and they find out theres a lie, she gets charged with filing a false report. If they find it was LA or GA (or someone else she wants to later protect) it further turns them against each other--another win for LE.

I think KB sent them to FBI i/o OCSO because FBI has many more resources to investigate electronic data than OCSO. But trust me, they're sharing the info!!

Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Interesting. The FBI is already investigating an allegation that Cindy handed over the wrong hairbrush when trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Hmmmm..... now why would she do that? Who is Cindy trying to protect here, and just who is Caylee's father? Could Casey's allegations of sexual abuse be true???

:eek:

>Respectfully snipped<
If this is an Anthony scam, they better tell it now, because they will get some serious time over trying to perpetrate a fraud like that.

Bolded by me.
Yeah, I can see that happening. Thanks for the giggle!:blowkiss:
Lanie

If that is the case, there will be a LOT of arrests in the future. He was warned not once but twice about the rules and he even had to go to the judge to get permission to take it in there with her.

Another thing is if there are emails talking about how she "fooled" LE, she is toast after this trial.

Hi, Just catching up here so this might be duplicate info.

Anyway, If I recall, that motion by Baez became moot before it was heard.
The jail had changed its rules to allow all the attys to bring in laptops as of 12/1. This happened while the motion was still pending.:blowkiss:

Thus, it was not a victory for JB.

I had the feeling there was a possibility he should have known that the rules had changed, but either way, there was no need to hear that motion.:)

Hi, Just catching up here so this might be duplicate info.

Anyway, If I recall, that motion by Baez became moot before it was heard.
The jail had changed its rules to allow all the attys to bring in laptops as of 12/1. This happened while the motion was still pending.:blowkiss:

Thus, it was not a victory for JB.

I had the feeling there was a possibility he should have known that the rules had changed, but either way, there was no need to hear that motion.:)

Laptops and the information in them are client/atty priviledged. Therefore, IF the "A"'s are sending messages, its as a word doc (no wifi) that he opens and lets her read. I doubt she verbalizes her responses as there are guards. She cant hand him paper because they check..unless she writes things down and he puts it in his laptop rite there. I have to believe the flow is from the "A"'s to her..one way..and that is doubtful because LE has successfully pounding the wedge into their relationship.

MH, You are correct. He was circumvented by the jail changing their rules on allowing laptops into the unit.

There is nothing stated about if the prisoners can have access to those laptops that I have found yet. Any idea?

Laptops and the information in them are client/atty priviledged. Therefore, IF the "A"'s are sending messages, its as a word doc (no wifi) that he opens and lets her read. I doubt she verbalizes her responses as there are guards. She cant hand him paper because they check..unless she writes things down and he puts it in his laptop rite there. I have to believe the flow is from the "A"'s to her..one way..and that is doubtful because LE has successfully pounding the wedge into their relationship.
It is my understanding that any correspondence given to her attorney is privileged. If she wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to the attorney...it is under that privilege and cannot be accessed by anyone. The attorney can also deliver sealed letters (which if not sealed would break the privilege) to her family and visa versa which is how I believe they are communicating now.

All this talk of just masking an IP, anyone with computer forensic knowledge knows that an e-mail contains much more. It contains a complete electronic trail of what servers it was routed through from sender to receipt. That will give you a good idea of geographic area. It is not as simple to hide as just using a proxy when e-mail is involved.

I am not trying to be snarky, so please don't take any offense, but in a high profile case like this anyone should be wise enough to not keep an email address that lots and lots of folks could have access too. This is an evil world and some people would knife their own mother in the back to get to the bottom of this. Not everyone plays by the rules and it's unfortunate...
Having said that I still don't believe anyone hacked her computer. I believe it's more spin make to keep the "conspiracy/reasonable doubt" theory going that someone is out to get them..the same person they say they believe has Caylee. JMO

I agree with what you said in the first paragraph... in this day and age, with computers, cell phones, and all the new technology out there.... the only safe way to tell someone something you don't want known to everyone else is to speak to them in person... and make sure they aren't wearing a wire!!
I don't know if her email was hacked or not, but I do know that it is pretty easy to do, and doesn't take a real hacker to do it.
Wow! I wonder what was in these emails??

Do you think Kathy made copies of the emails before she sent them to the FBI?

It would be interesting to see if cindy was on her email during the weekend, because if she was hacked, she wouldnt be able to get on.

I do believe cindy is on alot of meds, I know the sleeping pill ambien can cause an amnesia type effect and cindy might not have even remembered if she sent those emails by accident or not by accident but just a medication type effect.

If the emails have any type of evidence aganist casey, can the FBI use them in building their case or can they share with the local LE or prosecution team?

It would be interesting to see if cindy was on her email during the weekend, because if she was hacked, she wouldnt be able to get on.

I do believe cindy is on alot of meds, I know the sleeping pill ambien can cause an amnesia type effect and cindy might not have even remembered if she sent those emails by accident or not by accident but just a medication type effect.

If the emails have any type of evidence aganist casey, can the FBI use them in building their case or can they share with the local LE or prosecution team?

I'm not an attorney, but this is my understanding of admissable evidence.
If LE comes into possession of evidence, they can use it, unless LE obtains it illegally. LE can't hack into someone's computer without a warrant, but if someone else does, and that evidence is given to LE, LE has not obtained it illegally, so they can use it. LE is only responsible for what they personally do, and the only way they wouldn't be able to use this evidence, if it is indeed evidence, is if it can be proven LE solicited the hack.
Lanie

It is my understanding that any correspondence given to her attorney is privileged. If she wrote something on a piece of paper and gave it to the attorney...it is under that privilege and cannot be accessed by anyone. The attorney can also deliver sealed letters (which if not sealed would break the privilege) to her family and visa versa which is how I believe they are communicating now.

Think the As are hoping old Santa brings them an industrial size shredder for Christmas? Surely they wouldn't be naive, stupid or assinine enough to file said unsealed letters in one of those binders.:crazy:

She stated she could not access her email over the weekend.

But was that true?
The emails were sent friday and Kathy notified cindy right away.{which would of been friday}
cindy said she was locked out of her computer over the weekend.
But If she was notified on Friday...why didnt she check her email account immediately on friday.
Something doesnt make sense here. When did cindy notify Yahoo?

http://www.wftv.com/news/18181289/detail.html

Kathi Belch received four of them on Friday. One of the emails involved the Caylee hairbrush story Eyewitness News broke last week. It seemed odd that Cindy would send Kathi such apparently personal and sensitive information.

Kathi text messaged Cindy right away and forwarded the emails to the FBI, which is already investigating an allegation that Cindy gave investigators the wrong hairbrush when they were trying to get a DNA sample for Caylee.

Cindy told Kathi she had not sent any emails and Monday said she had been locked out of her account over the weekend and said Yahoo found someone in Ocala who might have gotten in.

She wouldn't have to. They're in her email inbox, and if she forwarded them they'd also be in her 'sent' folder.

She wouldn't have to. They're in her email inbox, and if she forwarded them they'd also be in her 'sent' folder.

I don't save my sent copies, it's an option.

several other people have already replied and corrected me, i misspoke..what is your point, other than to be snarky?

I cannot imagine how to read Themis's post as anything other than a succinct attempt to enlighten us on the law which is pertinent to the given situation.

Sadly, for I do so enjoy the masterful use of emoticons, Themis does not always have the spare moments which are needed to create the type of emoticon masterpiece we have seen in the past.:computer:

That said,
We have grown accustomed to having people like Themis, who obviously has a superior, well-versed, and seasoned command of the law, answer our legal questions and provide insights into the inner workings of the criminal trial world, when things become confusing, abstruse, and legally technical.
It is not as if we have our Themis on retainer. This poster is sharing valuable legal expertise in exchange for the good feelings of helping out fellow posters here. :highfive:
There is no haughtiness, no superior tone, and no attempt to portray anything other than a clearer understanding, based on real legal and real trial experience, for those who are reading here and are curious to learn more.
This willingness to share the knowledge that comes with experience and intelligence is a breath of fresh air.
Themis would be among the first to say that we all have our areas of expertise. Those with trial expertise happen to be needed at this juncture. It is not a symbol or sign of superiority; It is merely a good fit.

I know in my heart that the post was meant to help out and to move things away from a subject that assumes legal impossibilities, and could potentially waste the valuable time, efforts, teamwork, and thoughts of fellow websleuthers. :read:
I am thankful we have volunteers like Themis who are willing to alert us to what kinds of things are not allowed for by the law and are forbidden by the rules of procedure. :nono:
The approach I've seen has always emanated from a stance suggesting: "We are all in this together." :grouphug:It is in direct opposition to self-importance and there is never a thank you requested or needed!
Thanks for always being there for us, Themis.
You really are appreciated.:blowkiss::balloons:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88