Issues with Jane Valez Mitchell, Wednesday, 12/17/08

i admit to the same outrage expressed about them not taking that location seriously..when I read the interview they had with her friend and saw what she told them, I just had sadness.
LE had a chance to find caylee right away. They blew it and all the rest is a circus.
It was not wet the whole time either..but even if it was..drain the area.
Why did they not use this location as a starting place..just makes me crazy.

Somewhere around here, there is a compilation of the about a dozen articles, going back to September, regarding this eventual crime scene. LE and TES was interested, did search, and the exact area Caylee was found is said to be flooded from July through November every year. A neighbor kid says it's always knee to waist deep. Tim lost a special type of $10K ATV that sunk out of sight. Tim's announcement about the concern destroying evidence,in that area, that could be in water, therefore he was pulling out of there, was both prophetic and correct.

The concern I would have with them using those big truck pumps is if it sucked up any evidence in the process, it could have damaged or destroyed evidence. A child's bones are so fragile and tiny...

Yes!

But no one is mentioning that aspect of it on TV. They should.

Do you really think this family thought she was kidnapped? I think they have surmised all along she was gone, the rest was to put a level of doubt out there. No one can complain about the job that LE has done and is continuing to do. Hindsight is 20/20. With all the mis-truths given from this family it is only by the grace of God this child, who might be Caylee, was found at all.

Very well put, thank you.

Should've, could've, would've.......have to deal with what is now.

Caylee discussion on show is now over. Now covering another case.

I also recall back in August, that LE asked/begged TES to stay and search in August, because they were short on manpower, from working other cases, dealing with the consequences of the tropical storm, etc., etc. They even donated $5,000. to TES for their efforts. If TM reported back to them that nothing could be done to clear that area because of the storm water, then I'm sure they had a reason to concur.

:clap:

OK I know we are not supposed to be critical of the show hosts... but JVM seems to have suddenly discovered the "Zanny the Nanny" book? Wasn't she the one guest hosting for NG when this subject was first brought up? repeatedly?

I feel horrible that more credence was not given to KT's thoughts early on. She was actually at the location parked in teh street mere feet from the body, with the detective. But I can undersatnd how her thoughts got lost in the information overload. She was an old friend of the suspect who had had minimal recent contact. She had only ever seen Caylee twice in her life. At the time LE would have been treating her comments as very nearly heresay, or an extreme longshot at best.

This still doesn't forgive that LE SHOULD have been much more aggressive in searching the immediate areas near the house much earlier on. They got snowed by a bigus timeline, high tech cell phone pings, and the assumption that the mother had fully left the house with the child. They forgot the basic rule that most searches of this type are found very very close to home.

You know, I honestly think a lot of online posters who follow this case seem to know more of its in's & out's than the major network reporters! I'd bet on it, actually. If only we were getting paid right now... :)

Also, about not heeding Kiomarie's info-- I don't know. Kiomarie's interview struck me, and continues to strike me as odd and lacking credibility. She sounded both confused and confusing. She was also unable to distinguish her experiences with Casey Anthony from her experiences with another friend allegedly named Casey W****ams. A lot of info she gave sounded odd.

**JVM covering another case now***

The concern I would have with them using those big truck pumps is if it sucked up any evidence in the process, it could have damaged or destroyed evidence. A child's bones are so fragile and tiny...

Great point. It all played out in the end. Just perfectly. There will be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking (myself included) but as long as LE is straight up about the facts as to why the area wasn't searched then there's no problem.

I'm sure they would have if they'd had any indication that Caylee's body was there.

ITA! We can play what if's all day doesnt change anything. Im sure alot of people would of been complain if they did on how much it cost. Cant please everyone all of the time.

I suppose pyhscial searching, geothermal gear, and cadaver dogs could have found Caylee before the storms hit, but I still wonder if she was buried in a shallow grave under plants. Someone on the show mentioned that the little animals are what dig some bodies out of the shallow graves. Hopefully cause of death will still be able to be determined.

I like Jane very much also-not bashing LE or no one else- just was wishing they could of searched sooner in this area- and I agree with the one poster- this should of never happened to begin with- Casey should of gave Caylee to her parents and went about her business and did her partying, etc and everything could of been fine- but this goes back to 'should of" "could of"- its always too late

Patty, they had an opportunity to do something sensible in that area. Whenever they got that info, is when they should have at the very least had the friend show them the location. If not by land by air. They could have used a copper.
Then they could have made a point of draining it or preserving it.
It is the obvious location..people go where they have been.
There is no way all searches should have been haulted, (as they were by LE), when they had one of her best childhood friends telling them this. She wasn't "iffy" about it at all. She said, "this is where KC would hide the body if she did this".

added..and why did they NEVER go back there when it dried up? They did not take this woman serioulsy and it simply cost them finding the body in better shape.

The friend did take LE out there. There was a copter up. The area was underwater up until about ten days before Caylee was found. The area was not searchable.

Great point. It all played out in the end. Just perfectly. There will be a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking (myself included) but as long as LE is straight up about the facts as to why the area wasn't searched then there's no problem.

They certainly are making up in thoroughness here sifting through the crime site for evidence. The SA and LE and FBI are all doing a great job on the crime scene from what I can see. (Wed. evening quaterback) lol

Kiomarie's interview with LE was on August 12, 2008 and Hurricane Fay came around August 15th and it rained an awful lot in Florida in August and September into October.

Thanks for pointing that out Patty:) As my granddad use to say Take a walk in there shoes you might see things differently. Honestly this case cant be easy for LE and having them get creditized for it is beyond me:( JMO but thats just me:(

They certainly are making up in thoroughness here sifting through the crime site for evidence. The SA and LE and FBI are all doing a great job on the crime scene from what I can see. (Wed. evening quaterback) lol

hehe. I'll be Thursday morning quarterback tomorrow. :)

hehe. I'll be Thursday morning quarterback tomorrow. :)

I can't wait til Friday...waiting on pins and needles. Astro charts indicate that Friday will be a very eventful day regarding ID and such...not a good day at all for the perp. :)

I'm glad there was a lot of water. What if they searched dry ground and for whatever reason didn't find her? It's over an acre IIRC. There might have been very little left to find. I hear that being underwater in that bag preserved the remains much longer.

The way it's played out is a miracle.

August 5th they searched behind a then unidentified school based on a tip. Dog did not find anything. They did not ignore that information and acted on it immediately.

Kiomarie's interview with LE was on August 12, 2008 and Hurricane Fay came around August 15th and it rained an awful lot in Florida in August and September into October.
I know but why not get your *advertiser censored* there the very day she is telling you that..it makes the most sense to me. if you told a best friend all your secrets in the woods..you would automatically think its a possibility.

And why not take it seriously enough to protect it-or say the moment we are able to get in there we need to be taken to the exact spot.
That is what gets me..they thought this woman was just a gossip i guess.

i would not have taken her seriously if she were just a tip..but the whole thing about spending most of their school years as best friends,to me thats the equivalent of pillow talk.
Its jut sad how they do not listen to those who are most able to help them.
Another thing I dont understand is why the GF did not go there herself.
i would have gone there alone and looked if i had to. Why did she not just grab a friend and say lets go and see if we can find anything.

I know but why not get your *advertiser censored* there the very day she is telling you that..it makes the most sense to me. if you told a best friend all your secrets in the woods..you would automatically think its a possibility.

Even before KM gave her info, LE did take it as a serious possibility. They were searching the area. From what neighbors have stated the area was already flooded by the time Caylee was reported missing in July. There is a possibility that the area was flooded when Casey dumped Caylee there, which could explain why she was found so close to the road. Casey couldn't go very far in and probably swung threw her as far as she could.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back