The Pink Shirt

LOL J! I was just thinking... because the man who used to live in the house said you had to walk thru the laundry area to get back to the bedroom... what if he used the shirt for something and shoved it in with laundry on his way out (good place to hide it anyhow LOL)

LOL J! I was just thinking... because the man who used to live in the house said you had to walk thru the laundry area to get back to the bedroom... what if he used the shirt for something and shoved it in with laundry on his way out (good place to hide it anyhow LOL)
LOl! I know-I was just messing with you:crazy: It seemed funny to me that he didnt want to mess anything up.

Do the children ever wear pajamas? Why would you put a child to bed with just a t-shirt and underwear, unless they didn't take a bath before bed? I know it's not a big deal, and many kids sleep in clothes rather than pajamas, but still.... if she says that is what Haleigh was wearing and then the shirt ends up in the laundry, something smells. Is the little girl in the habit of taking her own clothes off?
As for having to go through the laundry area, that sounds reasonable. In some mobile homes, there is no separate utility room, there is just a cubbyhole where the washer and dryer sits, off the hallway leading to one or more of the bedrooms. Yet it is odd to me that Misty "discovers" the shirt that Haleigh was supposed to be wearing when she disappears. I agree that she needs to get her stories straight and tell the truth before she ends up getting arrested for something. I gave her a lot of wiggle room at first, but she is beginning to worry me a LOT.

Maybe as misty has said she wets the bed maybe haliegh wet her self she got up changed her shirt and underwear???? Didn't want to get in trouble and tucked it into the basket.

My son used to do that when he was 4!!

this pink shirt thing has actually swayed me more to the idea that misty is innocent. i think misty just didn't know what haleigh was wearing (for one reason or another), and she thought/guessed it was a pink shirt.

why would a guilty people bring errors in their stories to the attention of LE?
(assuming the report is true that this is what happened)

this pink shirt thing has actually swayed me more to the idea that misty is innocent. i think misty just didn't know what haleigh was wearing (for one reason or another), and she thought/guessed it was a pink shirt.

why would a guilty people bring errors in their stories to the attention of LE?
(assuming the report is true that this is what happened)

Bolded by me.

If in fact she didn't know what Haleigh was wearing and then guessed it was a pink shirt when she had to give a description, why would she tell the investigators that the pink 'hannah montana' shirt she found in the laundry was the one she was wearing?

Could it have been the shirt she wore to school that day?

Would Misty even remember what she wore to school that day?

I'm sorry, I know I keep making a big deal out of this new info about the pink shirt, but I just cannot believe that while LE was getting a thorough description of Haleigh that they wouldn't have asked Misty if it was a plain tee or a graphic tee!

And I can even understand that when giving the initial description of what Haleigh was wearing that Misty was 'upset' and not thinking clearly, but I just cannot believe that she wouldn't of remembered 'hannah montana' until she seen the shirt in the laundry.

A domestic perp?:eek: I cant even get my own kids to put their dirty clothes in the laundry basket!

Now that made me chuckle...Same HERE!

Misty is frustrating the living crap outta me. She has been so incredibly vague withe her answers on not only the pink shirt but everything! I can't decide if she is hiding something or she is just dumb?! :confused:

Everything bolded is me talking...:) (except for the part bolded in the first news article...not my words, but still my bold)

OK, I'm confused again...;)

When we first found out about the pink tee being found in the laundry, the article said Misty discovered it on Monday, which would have been Feb. 16.
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back
In the interview Wednesday, Croslin said Haleigh watched “Madagascar” and “AirBud” with her brother, then snuggled beneath a blanket in a pink Hannah Montana top. She reported Haleigh was wearing that top when she disappeared.

However, Croslin said she found the shirt on Monday, when she was allowed back inside the doublewide mobile home for the first time since the disappearance. She was there to discuss the layout of the mobile home with investigators and was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore her last day at school.

She then saw the Hannah Montana shirt in a laundry pile by the back door. “When I put her blanket on she had that shirt on,” Croslin told the Times-Union on Wednesday.

She said she has no idea how the shirt wound up there.

Then, on Feb. 17, which is Tuesday, Teresa N., Ron's mom, states on NG when asked if anyone has been allowed to go in the home and go through clothes to see what was missing that the house is still a crime scene and no one is allowed in there!

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/17/ng.01.html
GRACE: OK. Do you have any idea how they -- where they found the pink T-shirt?

NEVES: No, ma`am.

GRACE: OK. Ms. Neves, has anyone gone through her clothes to determine what`s missing, what she may be wearing, as a way to help find the little girl?

NEVES: That home is now considered a crime scene. No one is allowed in there.

Now, I'm pretty sure that Ron and Misty talk regularly with his mother and if in fact it was true that Misty found the pink tee on Monday that Ron's mother would have known this on by Tuesday evening when she was on NG!

I do think something's up with Misty. However, Haleigh probably has several pink shirts (being a 5 year old girl and all). She might even have more than one pink Hannah Montana shirt. It wouldn't be out of the question.....

Maybe as misty has said she wets the bed maybe haliegh wet her self she got up changed her shirt and underwear???? Didn't want to get in trouble and tucked it into the basket.

Very possible.

Kids that age tend to like to change their clothes a lot anyway.

This seems a likely option. If Haleigh peed the bed and woke up wet, she might go get clean clothes. But would she put the dirty ones in the laundry? That's pretty conscientious for a little 5-year-old who's half-asleep. I would think it more likely the soiled clothing would be on the floor in the bedroom (or hallway), wherever she changed. That's where I have questions about how the shirt ended up "in the laundry" (if that's accurate).

It seems equally likely that Misty thought Haleigh had on the pink Hannah Montana shirt but she actually had on some other pink shirt. I'm sure the child had more than one (it's nearly impossible to buy many clothes for girls that aren't pink). Maybe some of the others on the thread are right and Misty is just confused (and/or was stoned or totally stressed out the first time she was asked).

I wanted to start a new thread on the pink shirt as this, I believe, will tie into this case in more relevant ways in the future. We know that Misty first reported Haleigh missing in a pink shirt. Now the amber alert has been changed to not reflect ANY clothing and no further info was given on this as to the why...

thoughts:
1)why was it in the laundry? Did the perp take it off? Did the child? DID MISTY?
2)WHAT was she wearing if not the pink shirt?
3)When did Misty last see the child in the pink shirt?

Either way, the pink shirt puts many questions into mind....espcially since LE would not say why or offer another clothing description...

I just DON'T feel good about this. More things that could have possibly been in the washer or needing to be washed (along with the pee'd blanket/blankets)? More and more this is seeming to me like a bed-wetting episode gone awry. No one up and changes their children's clothes at 3 a.m. without REASON.

Even if someone took her out naked, I don't think they would take the time to make sure the shirt was in the laundry.
Misty just needs to come clean. If this was a Hannah Montana shirt that she was wearing, there is no way that would not be on the Amber Alert. No way!

If a perp stole a child from a trailer (which are noisy believe me) then turned on LIGHTS and propped open doors with a cinderblock (another noisy activity) he/she would not grab only ONE child then take off the child's top and put it in the dirty laundry! Ain't gonna happen.

Perp will break in, in the dark, steal said child and spirit away (no cinderblock, no changing of clothes, no bs).

My speculation is that Haleigh wet the bed and maybe had wet the bed before. Maybe Misty was p*ssed off that she was urinated upon. Perhaps Misty stripped down Haleigh of her peed clothes, took peed blanket/blankets off the bed, washed them, threw pink shirt in dirty laundry, and considered airing out the mattress (hence the cinderblock to prop open the back door).

If a perp stole a child from a trailer (which are noisy believe me) then turned on LIGHTS and propped open doors with a cinderblock (another noisy activity) he/she would not grab only ONE child then take off the child's top and put it in the dirty laundry! Ain't gonna happen.

Perp will break in, in the dark, steal said child and spirit away (no cinderblock, no changing of clothes, no bs).

My speculation is that Haleigh wet the bed and maybe had wet the bed before. Maybe Misty was p*ssed off that she was urinated upon. Perhaps Misty stripped down Haleigh of her peed clothes, took peed blanket/blankets off the bed, washed them, threw pink shirt in dirty laundry, and considered airing out the mattress (hence the cinderblock to prop open the back door).
I have to agree...no one is going to kidnap a child in the middle of the night and stop to not only change her shirt, but put it in the dirty clothes pile on the way out of the door!! Not going to happen, MC!! NO WAY!!

On NG last night, somebody (I think Haleigh's mom?) said the pink shirt was found by Misty in the house. How could Misty have found the shirt when nobody but LE has been allowed in the house since Haleigh went missing. I think LE found it in the stack of dirty clothes that had been laying there since that fateful night. but if she had wet and her clothes got soiled I would think that would have been easy to detect/smell right away.

"why would I show the cops the shirt if I was hiding something?"-paraphrasing Misty on Today show this a.m.

Misty made sure and pointed this out on the news this morning.
I wouldnt think you had to point it out, it would be pretty obvious.
I will say it again....If the Grandma saw her on the porch eating at 7 pm, and then they had a bath and watched 2 movies, or part of 2 movies, how was she in bed by 8, and if she is a speedbather, why cant misty remember what she put on Haleigh after bathtime? Ok if it slipped her mind, why cant she remember what Haleigh had on when she covered her up with the "little sheet?"

Maybe Hayleigh got the shirt wet herself right before she went to bed, changed her shirt and put it in the laundry, went to bed and it was dark in the room. Maybe it was of similar color, design etc... so when Misty put the sheet over Hayleigh she did not notice. As far as Misty knows that is the last shirt she saw her in.
Now I know most kids would not do this but who knows what the house rules were... maybe she got into trouble for leaving things lying around and automatically put the dirty/wet shirt in the laundry.
Have we heard any reports about how the house was kept, was RC a tightly wound neat freak?
Misty is sticking to her shirt story and seems to be to be perplexed as to how the shirt ended up there.

On NG last night, somebody (I think Haleigh's mom?) said the pink shirt was found by Misty in the house. How could Misty have found the shirt when nobody but LE has been allowed in the house since Haleigh went missing. I think LE found it in the stack of dirty clothes that had been laying there since that fateful night. but if she had wet and her clothes got soiled I would think that would have been easy to detect/smell right away.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/met...gh_scales_back
However, Croslin said she found the shirt on Monday, when she was allowed back inside the doublewide mobile home for the first time since the disappearance. She was there to discuss the layout of the mobile home with investigators and was looking for the clothes Haleigh wore her last day at school.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-16/story/search_for_haleigh_scales_back

Do we know if the shirt was found soiled, wet, or damp?

Was the pile of laundry on a the floor or in a basket?

Where in the pile was the shirt?

Where were the clothes that Grandma said the relative dropped off?

Were these hand me downs from someone else, or their clothes they already had and then why were they being dropped off??

Do the children ever wear pajamas? Why would you put a child to bed with just a t-shirt and underwear, unless they didn't take a bath before bed? I know it's not a big deal, and many kids sleep in clothes rather than pajamas, but still.... if she says that is what Haleigh was wearing and then the shirt ends up in the laundry, something smells. Is the little girl in the habit of taking her own clothes off?
As for having to go through the laundry area, that sounds reasonable. In some mobile homes, there is no separate utility room, there is just a cubbyhole where the washer and dryer sits, off the hallway leading to one or more of the bedrooms. Yet it is odd to me that Misty "discovers" the shirt that Haleigh was supposed to be wearing when she disappears. I agree that she needs to get her stories straight and tell the truth before she ends up getting arrested for something. I gave her a lot of wiggle room at first, but she is beginning to worry me a LOT.

The way I understood the former tenant, the laundry area is at the back door. You'd have to go through the laundry area, the kitchen, and the living room to get to the master bedroom IF a kidnapper entered through the back door. Then tonight on NG, a relative said that the washer and dirty clothes pile where the shirt was found is right there at the back door.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back