2008.08.21 Shirley P (Cindy's mom) Interview

SP was very informative and very honest and forthcoming with her answers! Such a drastic difference from CA! I cannot understand how KC (her child living under her own roof) was able to run up $45,000 of debt in CA name... although I believe it. Once again, KC was not prosecuted or held accountable for her actions - instead it was most likely "swept under the rug by CA, and denied as being a big problem." I see this as a big problem. I see it as a sign of hostility, resentment and perpetration against her mother CA. (The bills had to be coming in...creditors had to be calling...CA knew she didn't run up the debt)....my question is why not prosecute KC, get custody of Caylee and start family counseling? I guess hindsight is 20/20.

I kind of disagree. I think SP was holding a lot back and playing the "selective memory" game when it came to any questions about CA. It is obvious that she had already gotten in trouble with CA because of Rick, and she didn't want to go there again. Also, Cindy had a discussion with her about talking to the cops. SP said that Cindy told her to use common sense. That could mean anything! It could be Cindy's way of telling her not to say a damn word about the family, after all... that is Cindy's idea of common sense. I can see where Cindy got the "protect my daughter" gene.

It would be interesting to see an interview with SP now that Caylee's been found dead to see why she thinks Cindy is covering for KC still.

Now, I do agree that she was open and honest about KC.

I don't see it that way ... she established the HOH thing early in the interview about the cat ... she misunderstood the investigator who said "there's your cat." and answered "Do I have a cat?" Then she couldn't hear the cat's bell ringing either. My dear dad was HOH and there were many times that he misunderstood things or didn't hear them at all ... and sometimes he could hear and respond perfectly appropriately ... from what I know it has more to do with the frequency or tone of the sound ... for example he understood my children better than me or my husband, becuase they had higher voices than we had.

FWIW ... I found SP to be endearing and honest. I would love to adopt her as my Grandma!

Regarding the bold: Thanks for clearing that up. I didn't understand that part of the interview. I thought she had alzheimers or somethings and forgot she had a cat already....her interview was heartbreaking. She sounds like a family member not affected by the punch.

I added to my post above to include a link for the HRH fitness facilities where they have "lockers" that can be rented in their fitness facility ... Probably nothing ... but at this point I want to uncover all of Casey's "hidy-holes"!

That is the first time I have heard about a locker. I would guess she did have a locker or rented room some place. This would go along with changing her ID to ZG. I really believe this theory. If she was doing this and fixin to hit the road-----she would need a place to store some of her stuff (cash)----maybe the air port. Hope LE has checked all this out.

I have to give a thumbs up for SP...unfortunately, her parenting style didn't take with CA for KC!

If it had...just think of how all of this could have turned out differently.

I really liked how YM & the FBI agent reassured her that her son had not bashed the family but, was honestly discussing his opinions on WS.

Personally, CA is such a KC for trying to pit her mother against her own son...pathetic, just like her daughter! :furious:

I have to give a thumbs up for SP...unfortunately, her parenting style didn't take with CA for KC!

If it had...just think of how all of this could have turned out differently.

I really liked how YM & the FBI agent reassured her that her son had not bashed the family but, was honestly discussing his opinions on WS.

Personally, CA is such a KC for trying to pit her mother against her own son...pathetic, just like her daughter! :furious:

I LOVE SP ... you can't help it. But I do notice that she is quick to admonish the investigators for any blame of CA ... and she repeatedly excuses CA's actions and deeds ...

Who does that sound like?

An apple falls from the tree and seeds a new apple tree ... an apple falls from that tree ... and so on ... pretty soon you have an orchard of denial!

How expensive is that? I have NO clue! :waitasec:

Do you? :eek:

J/K! :blowkiss:

:pcguru:

I was hoping you knew. :floorlaugh:
Seriously, do sites such as gambling or *advertiser censored* set you up with a CC to pay online?

And Shirley is precious! I laughed and laughed. Between Shirley and YM, JA, SB and UM, omgosh!! Too funny!

Now that I think about it more, Cindy's advice to "use common sense" when talking to the cops should raise lots of red flags.
Cindy should have said, "Be honest" or "tell them everything you know." The words "use common sense" imply that she is advising SP to be cautious, don't share anything with them she doesn't have to. It was clear SP was thinking this interview was going to get her in trouble with Cindy again.
I would love to know what Cindy has been telling all of KC's friends in these "meetings" she keeps having.

And Shirley is precious! I laughed and laughed. Between Shirley and YM, JA, SB and UM, omgosh!! Too funny!

I know! When they were talking about accessing the blogs ... she said ... "well Cindy said 'oh, you just press, you know, just click on them.' Well, I couldn't get them to come up" ... "I got that thing, and all I can do is write an email" ... "so you don't have to worry about me putting anything on (the blogs) ... "if somebody could just sit down and show me a few minutes." ... I thought that was so cute! I can just imagine me teaching my own mom how to blog! I think that she is going to be one of the State's strongest witnesses! I hate that she is being placed in this position though ... I know that it is hard beyond belief!

I know! When they were talking about accessing the blogs ... she said ... "well Cindy said 'oh, you just press, you know, just click on them.' Well, I couldn't get them to come up" ... "I got that thing, and all I can do is write an email" ... "so you don't have to worry about me putting anything on (the blogs) ... "if somebody could just sit down and show me a few minutes." ... I thought that was so cute! I can just imagine me teaching my own mom how to blog! I think that she is going to be one of the State's strongest witnesses! I hate that she is being placed in this position though ... I know that it is hard beyond belief!

I agree. It is sad beyond belief she has had to deal with her husband, her kids, the betrayal of her granddaughter and the murder of her great grandchild.
I always held LE in very high esteem, and the way they treated her with respect and caring just lifted them even higher in regard.

SP is the truth! You gotta love her. Maybe Cindy should've let SP raise KC. I'm quite sure things would've been totally different.JMO

I agree. It is sad beyond belief she has had to deal with her husband, her kids, the betrayal of her granddaughter and the murder of her great grandchild.
I always held LE in very high esteem, and the way they treated her with respect and caring just lifted them even higher in regard.

Great post, LancelotLink! :clap:

That poor woman has had a lot to cope with. She has my sympathy. I wonder if her husband asks for Caylee or does he realize she is dead.

I also share your regard for LE.

With everyone just waiting to pounce on any mistake, they, most of them, do a very difficult job with grace and integrity and still manage to remain caring. Good for them!

Hmmmm a locker at the Hard Rock Hotel? It always comes back to me that in many of the lies Casey tells there is some tiny crystal of truth ... I wonder if LE looked into that ... if she has a locker rented at the HRH? If so what might they find there ... besides all of her "money" of course!

http://www.clickorlando.com/download/2009/0320/18973896.pdf (page 40 line 6)

The HRH Orlando does have lockers available in the fitness center. I don't know how long one can rent a locker there ... but Casey has mentioned the HRH before per Cindy ... that she was staying there on a night when she was "working" late and had to be at "work" early the next morning ...

http://www.universalorlando.com/hotels/hard-rock-hotel-orlando/recreation.html
Lockers
Separate for men and women with full amenities, lush towels, quiet area, etc.

Yeah, ya know, this bugs me! If she actually has money maybe some things weren't lies... could be she was lied to. Really, if she has money (why in a locker at the HRH?! odd!!) it changes some of my opinions. I'd love to know if LE followed up- I sure hope so!

SP was very informative and very honest and forthcoming with her answers! Such a drastic difference from CA! I cannot understand how KC (her child living under her own roof) was able to run up $45,000 of debt in CA name... although I believe it. Once again, KC was not prosecuted or held accountable for her actions - instead it was most likely "swept under the rug by CA, and denied as being a big problem." I see this as a big problem. I see it as a sign of hostility, resentment and perpetration against her mother CA. (The bills had to be coming in...creditors had to be calling...CA knew she didn't run up the debt)....my question is why not prosecute KC, get custody of Caylee and start family counseling? I guess hindsight is 20/20.

No, as far as we can tell it seems she still doesn't think she has done anything wrong. Sad

I remember following a forum on another board late last summer (is that all? why does it seem like eons ago?!) and a new poster started defending the Anthony family. Not KC, but the rest of the family. After a few days, he identified himself as Rick.

As per usual, there were more than a few who disbelieved him. He did reveal enough to one of the mods that it was determined that he was who he said he was. He provided pictures from his wedding showing the A's, Shirley and himself publicly. (That was the first time I'd seen the pic of KC preggers.) He continued to defend CA until there email exchange (which he also provided).

So when LE tells SP in late August that Rick was defending the A's, I believe they were telling her the truth as it were at the time.

JMO

Well, I thank you for this information and *BuMp* it for others to see as well!

Yeah, ya know, this bugs me! If she actually has money maybe some things weren't lies... could be she was lied to. Really, if she has money (why in a locker at the HRH?! odd!!) it changes some of my opinions. I'd love to know if LE followed up- I sure hope so!

While reading KC's text messages, I remember one exchange with a male friend who worked at afitness center. He had just 'taken' something and was a bit 'under the influnce'. They discussed this during texts and talked of KC joining the center. I cannot remember his name (but perhaps someone will) or I would link. Maybe he worked fitness at HRH?

I kind of disagree. I think SP was holding a lot back and playing the "selective memory" game when it came to any questions about CA. It is obvious that she had already gotten in trouble with CA because of Rick, and she didn't want to go there again. Also, Cindy had a discussion with her about talking to the cops. SP said that Cindy told her to use common sense. That could mean anything! It could be Cindy's way of telling her not to say a damn word about the family, after all... that is Cindy's idea of common sense. I can see where Cindy got the "protect my daughter" gene.

It would be interesting to see an interview with SP now that Caylee's been found dead to see why she thinks Cindy is covering for KC still.

Now, I do agree that she was open and honest about KC.

I noticed she did not want any blame placed on her daughter, wouldn't even discuss George. When she first began about Casey's pregnancy I think she stuck to the "script" (not literally) and said you couldn't tell she was pregnant but she veered off after a while and admitted she could tell and that Cindy being a nurse, had to have known.

There were several times she seemed to forget her "script". But she was indeed quite honest about Casey...

While reading KC's text messages, I remember one exchange with a male friend who worked at afitness center. He had just 'taken' something and was a bit 'under the influnce'. They discussed this during texts and talked of KC joining the center. I cannot remember his name (but perhaps someone will) or I would link. Maybe he worked fitness at HRH?

huh.. maybe ask JWG?? I bet he would know!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back