Found Deceased SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he leave before or AFTER she was reported missing?

Brittanee was last heard from around 8pm on 4/25
Pete left the motel and headed home around 1am on 4/26
police report filed at 4:51am on 4/26

ETA: the WHEC link posted above reports Pete left hotel at 2am

Police and family members of a Rochester, NY teen may be a step closer to finding the girl after she was spotted getting off a bus on Ocean Boulevard.
Myrtle Beach Police Capt. David Knipes told WMBF News that people riding the transit bas from Georgetown into Myrtle Beach say they saw Brittanee Drexel, 17, on the bus. The teen reportedly got off the bus shortly after 8:30 a.m. at First Avenue North and Ocean Boulevard.
http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/Story.asp?s=10270997

About 8:35 a.m. Wednesday, maids on a Williamsburg County transport bus reported seeing a girl fitting Drexel’s description on the bus from Georgetown, Knipes said. The girl got off near the 100 block of North Ocean Boulevard, which is the area she was last seen.

Police showed a photo of Drexel to the women on the bus and they identified her as the girl on the bus, Knipes said. Officers canvassed the area looking for Drexel after the report and remain in the area, but she has not been found, he said.

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/879867.html

I hope that Brittanee is found alive and well...and soon.

Police: Witnesses May Have Spotted Missing TeenReported by: WROC-TV
Wednesday, Apr 29, 2009 @11:26am EST

http://rochesterhomepage.net/content/fulltext/?cid=87961

snippet:
may have been spotted riding a bus into Myrtle Beach on Wednesday morning.

Myrtle Beach Police said that several witnesses have reported riding on the bus with a teenage girl they believe is 17-year-old Brittanee Drexel.

Police also said they were able to track Brittanee's cell phone as it traveled out of Williamsburg County, which is inland, toward the South Carolina coast.

Does her mother recognize the clothing she was wearing according to this news release or the 'croc' shoes. We know there was some dispute regarding her borrowing one of the girls shorts but I doubt she was wearing someone elses 'crocs'.

LE has NOT given details as to the date and time of the phone ping info.

We don't know if SHE was in possession of her phone when it was tracked. Anybody could have had it.

Dear WS posters:

Please remember that this thread is for information and family support only. All opinions, speculation, discussion, etc. should be posted in the discussion forum.

Thank you! :blowkiss:

Hoppy

Dear WS posters:

Please remember that this thread is for information and family support only. All opinions, speculation, discussion, etc. should be posted in the discussion forum.

Thank you! :blowkiss:

Hoppy

We had a discussion thread in there last night but for some reason it was merged into this thread. I think that might be why you think there is discussion going on.

-Mar-

We had a discussion thread in there last night but for some reason it was merged into this thread. I think that might be why you think there is discussion going on.

-Mar-

Hmmmmmmmmm....wonder why they were merged? :waitasec:

Thanks to the OP for opening a new discussion thread. :clap:

Hoppy

Brittanee was last heard from around 8pm on 4/25
Pete left the motel and headed home around 1am on 4/26
police report filed at 4:51am on 4/26

ETA: the WHEC link posted above reports Pete left hotel at 2am

I heard a blip on either CNN or HLN's today that there was a sighting of Brittanee today on a bus {I think ;} where many people said the girl they saw sure looked like her. So police are investigating the lead. Who knows if it was her.

I heard a blip on either CNN or HLN's today that there was a sighting of Brittanee today on a bus {I think ;} where many people said the girl they saw sure looked like her. So police are investigating the lead. Who knows if it was her.

Yes, it was a bus coming from Georgetown, heading to MB. I certainly hope it was her!

BTW, we have a discussion thread on the case here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3677792

come join us!

im surprised interest in this just died all of a sudden...

Carla - interest hasn't died at all, there is another huge thread on Brittanee...don't have the link right now, but no worries, it's here!

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/s1528184.shtml?cat=566

Posted at: 04/23/2010 7:45 PM

Her parents are still hanging on to hope, but this Sunday marks one year since Brittanee Drexel was last seen.

The Chili teen went missing while on spring break in Myrtle Beach. Her parents are there getting an update on the investigation.

Police released a deck of cards today featuring Brittanee Drexel. The cards are sold at area jails and prisons.

Earlier this month South Carolina Police announced they are investigating Drexel's disappearance as a homicide. There are three to four persons of interest in the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member