UT -Susan Powell, 28, West Valley City, 6 Dec 2009 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully they are just collecting the forensic evidence and will soon nail this foolish nasty hubby

this is just even weirder and dumber than most...making smores in freezing weather with two little ones...on a Sunday night...unreal

"Josh, you amaze me with your knowledge and technology. If you weren't the best realtor I had ever met, I would say you should work with computers."

One of the testimonials on his site. Bummer that he seems to know so much about computers. I doubt he will make some of the same mistakes Chris Coleman did, with leaving evidence like the threatening letters.

woweewowow---very telling

thought I had read all local, and network stories, but had not read this.
And DH, did not see a problem?

If he (the unbelievably, stupid, moron) is not booked within the next couple of days heaven help us all...

YET--what school did he attain the drama, and public speaking education? (VBsnicker)

Also from joshpowell site (verbatim)

Joshs' education:
Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

Never says--from WHAT University?

From joshpowellrealtor.com about Josh:
One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades

I'll leave the spade part, and the WTH school it was from to yet be determined.

Now sounding more like the Mark "Spankings" case. Wife-a winner, married ME, the loser.
Divorced: then what would I do? Not going to take that realization....

FWIW - someone commented at the story here http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=8997206&comments=true that ol' Josh may have put fake info on his site (mostly discusses the testimonials).........there's also a post that says he doesn't currently work as a realtor, has a Computer Science degree, works in IT & is a computer geek.

I wish I could recall who was asking upthread if he was a computer geek....that certainly fits more with his 'public speaking' skills that we've seen so far.

ITA w/ you LMT -- he's a little over the top in his 'About Josh' description so as not to be 'outdone' by his financial expert wife.

Posters all over the internet keep bringing up comparisons to Mark Hacking....the more we learn, the more it seems to be true.

Wonder how long it'll be before we see him on a surveillance video camera tape which places him in a store checking his near frost-bitten hands (or buying cleaning supplies, etc.)

"Josh, you amaze me with your knowledge and technology. If you weren't the best realtor I had ever met, I would say you should work with computers."

One of the testimonials on his site. Bummer that he seems to know so much about computers. I doubt he will make some of the same mistakes Chris Coleman did, with leaving evidence like the threatening letters.

I dunno, he seems a bit too cocky. I have a son in the IT field and I asked him about this. He says that most people who are *computer savvy* aren't really. That is short of melting the harddrive, data can be retrieved a good deal of the time.

Yep - I agree that this appears to be him. And taking a look at the testimonials, I see that the same female whose (unusual) first name appears on the "Find SP" FB site has posted a testimonial. Interestingly enough, his technological knowledge is praised (thinking GPS & cell phone pings here).

Interesting to read the information under the "About" tab there, especially in light of what's going on currently. If he wrote it himself, he sure doesn't hesitate to toot his own horn, so to speak!

Was just looking at his "About". There is a question there, and I don't know how to answer it... HOW DID YOU HEAR ABOUT JOSH?

Someone help me with that...

:)

Yep - I agree that this appears to be him. And taking a look at the testimonials, I see that the same female whose (unusual) first name appears on the "Find SP" FB site has posted a testimonial. Interestingly enough, his technological knowledge is praised (thinking GPS & cell phone pings here).

Interesting to read the information under the "About" tab there, especially in light of what's going on currently. If he wrote it himself, he sure doesn't hesitate to toot his own horn, so to speak!

I just looked at his source code for the site. He used a very common microsoft web page generator. I am not real worried now about his computer skills being such that he could truly hide his tracks. Just sayin..

YET--what school did he attain the drama, and public speaking education? (VBsnicker)

Also from joshpowell site (verbatim)

Joshs' education:
Josh earned his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration. Throughout his college years he received some of the highest honors available, including Phi Theta Kappa, Magna *advertiser censored* Laude, and repeated placement on the President’s List. He also enjoyed people, electing to participate in many social activities, including among others: public speaking, campus politics, drama productions, and writing for the campus newspaper.

Never says--from WHAT University?

From joshpowellrealtor.com about Josh:
One thing about it – Josh has enthusiasm and tenacity in spades

I'll leave the spade part, and the WTH school it was from to yet be determined.

Now sounding more like the Mark "Spankings" case. Wife-a winner, married ME, the loser.
Divorced: then what would I do? Not going to take that realization....

I cannot find in the most likely states, Utah and close by, a Josh Powell in the Phi Theta Kappa Alumni directory. I am gonna try some more states.
http://www.ptk.org/alumni/

I found a Josh Allen Powell in KY.???

http://www.hencc.kctcs.net/news/news_detail.asp?newsid=183

I can't remember now where I saw it :waitasec:.....but I think his middle initial is S.

Hans Reiser developed Linux file systems.....he thought he was really smart -- smarter than everyone else.

He's in prison for murdering his wife -- and his actions were all very hinky. Nobody bought his story of Nina leaving her kids.

Lol...I saw that when I read up the forum...Two fans drying a wet spot on the floor ?
Wonder what his explaination for that one was....oh yeah he was camping in frigid conditions and snow at 12:30 am, to make Smore's with his kids !!! How would he know !!!

Let's say I more than say hmmm More like total BS--a child could see through this

Lol...I saw that when I read up the forum...Two fans drying a wet spot on the floor ?
Wonder what his explaination for that one was....oh yeah he was camping in frigid conditions and snow at 12:30 am, to make Smore's with his kids !!! How would he know !!!

I hope LE took those two fans and dusted the plugs for fingerprints........

I cannot find in the most likely states, Utah and close by, a Josh Powell in the Phi Theta Kappa Alumni directory. I am gonna try some more states.
http://www.ptk.org/alumni/

I found a Josh Allen Powell in KY.???

http://www.hencc.kctcs.net/news/news_detail.asp?newsid=183

Bold by me...

I live in Utah, and I remember reading somewhere that Josh and Susan lived in Washington at one point. Given that this is where Susan's family appears to be from, I would think this is the most likely place for him to have gone to school.

Also, I am glad that the national news media has picked up on this story, because the local news seriously seemed to be downplaying it. It wasn't even front page for a while.

I'm wondering what the kitchen looked like. If Susan said shortly after dinner, as the friend reported, that she wasn't feeling well, were dishes in sink? Or were dishes cleared and in dishwasher, and counters and stove cleaned up?

Bold by me...

I live in Utah, and I remember reading somewhere that Josh and Susan lived in Washington at one point. Given that this is where Susan's family appears to be from, I would think this is the most likely place for him to have gone to school.

Also, I am glad that the national news media has picked up on this story, because the local news seriously seemed to be downplaying it. It wasn't even front page for a while.

Not in Washington either..

NG is gonna talk about Susan tonite - well, after she gets in some more time on *Tiger's* story. ugh.

Grrrrrrr. Husband thinks he can fool everyone but Im sure theres tracks in the snow and foorprints leading them right to her body. Im praying they find her soon.

“I don't think Josh is a violent person, or there... I can't believe he would do something like that. I have a hard time believing that, but there are certain items of the story that don't add up… so... I don't know,” Powell’s father said.

Police have questioned Powell’s husband, Josh, but he is not saying a word.

Police served a search warrant and took several items they say Susan would not have left behind if she was going out.

http://www.abc4.com/content/news/to...lley-woman-update/PNKOVbbZVEq8D4Fka2QYTw.cspx

OMG: Police have questioned Powell’s husband, Josh, but he is not saying a word.

Why? Your wife is missing and you're not helping? You take the kids camping at 12:30 Sunday night while your wife is in bed not feeling well? I've yet to find out if she went camping with them, or if he left her at home. Off to do more reading.

Thanks,

Mel

I'm wondering what the kitchen looked like. If Susan said shortly after dinner, as the friend reported, that she wasn't feeling well, were dishes in sink? Or were dishes cleared and in dishwasher, and counters and stove cleaned up?

Oh my - shades of Scott Peterson and that Hastings guy. I'd sure like to know what she ate and who did the dishes. Who fed the babies and what not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie