WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't seem creepy to me, either... looks like a cool place to live. I'd love to have that back deck. Can you imagine the sunsets and sunrises? It's a shame that that property has been tarnished by this crime.

BBM I almost posted the same thing, and how I'd love to live there. But I was afraid to go first ... lol. Worried people might think that makes me creepy. I think it's a gorgeous property!

It doesn't seem creepy to me, either... looks like a cool place to live. I'd love to have that back deck. Can you imagine the sunsets and sunrises? It's a shame that that property has been tarnished by this crime.

I wonder if the natural spring has something to do with it. Didn't that give it special meaning to the Indians? Hmmmmm. Will need to see what I can dig up there.

Back to googling, hoping to find justice for Mackenzie. :rose:

Melissa, IIRC you didn't mention anything about getting creeped out when you went out there, correct? I realize you didn't trespass onto the "156 CBR" property itself, but did you get any eerie or creepy vibes at all?

Nothing has ever creeped me out about that property. I have always admired it from afar before this crime happened. When I went to it, the only thing that somewhat creeped me out was just thinking about what happened to Mackenzie there and imagining how awful it must have been to find her, murdered, in the brush. I also was slightly worried the killer might be hiding in the bushes but I knew that wasn't too logical.

No, before all of this happened, I always passed by that house and thought it was amazing. People would be outside, laughing, there were boats and playing volleyball in the pond and it seemed like a great place and not creepy at all. The only reason I could see for del rio getting creeped out last fall is just because of the overgrown bushes- but then again he's a hunter who hides in overgrown bushes so its the duck that should be scared! lol, I think its time for bed now. :)

Wow, no new posts for over an hour?! The ideas that have been brought up about the ghost town and Native American historical use possibly adding to the creepiness of the area are really interesting. If this is the case, I find it fascinating but not necessarily useful to the case (that doesn't mean I wouldn't like to know more about these aspects). If, however, something "bad" happened on the property in the not-too-distant past that makes it creepy, it could possibly be directly related to the case. Examples would be: unexplained death(s), misc. other crimes on property or by resident, weird activity/behavior by resident, etc... If something weird happened there, or someone who used to live there did something weird, then one could hypothesize that whomever is connected to the weirdness could have been involved in MC's murder and returned to this familiar location.

Yes, I had heard this rumor too, but I think LE (for whatever reason) thought differently from the very beginning. Their initial statements were to the effect that it was "very, very suspicious and didn't look good" (paraphrasing). I'm sure they didn't give false reassurances to the family, and we also know that WC and JF were interviewed as soon as the feds appeared, before her body was even found.

I just personally don't think (assuming the perp was someone close to the family) that they would have any excuse or opportunity to do any further things before she was found.

I don't know. I would think the perp would want to appear super supportive and helpful, going on all the searches, just being a constant presence, ect... The perp may have also wanted to stick around to prevent any detailed family discussion about him from occurring in the presence of WC.

I've also been thinking about many of the above comments for some time. I was initially told by several sources that LE made comments that the perp(s) were thought to be "close to the family" or it was someone "close to MC." Most of what has been reported tends to support this.

However, there are definitely characteristics about this murder that leave me thinking it was somebody "not so close." Confusing...and frustrating, to say the least!

ETA: I'm not convinced that everything that happened at CB occurred in a matter of a few hours, in broad daylight, prior to her car being discovered at 7pm on PC road. And, in support of girlfawkes comments above, if it was someone very close -- they would have been under a watchful eye.

On topic.

WC purchased a new green Dodge truck for JF about a year ago. Fact? about 97% sure.

Both CR and DR are no longer inmates in Chelan County Jail.

I've also been thinking about many of the above comments for some time. I was initially told by several sources that LE made comments that the perp(s) were thought to be "close to the family" or it was someone "close to MC." Most of what has been reported tends to support this.

However, there are definitely characteristics about this murder that leave me thinking it was somebody "not so close." Confusing...and frustrating, to say the least!

ETA: I'm not convinced that everything that happened at CB occurred in a matter of a few hours, in broad daylight, prior to her car being discovered at 7pm on PC road. And, in support of girlfawkes comments above, if it was someone very close -- they would have been under a watchful eye.

(Quoting myself) I'd like to add that based on the above ETA, I was leaning towards accomplices. At this point, we do not know of any potential accomplices, at least not on this forum.

On topic.

WC purchased a new green Dodge truck for JF about a year ago. Fact? about 97% sure.

Interesting as last week I asked if he had a green truck and everyone said gray. This is a bit confusing, but my daughter's friend told her a story about JF having green truck and him being at the boat launch one day (my daughter's friend's family member apparently saw him there) - after MC was found. I really don't know if they knew it was him or not, but apparently reported it to LE. That's all I know though.

On topic.

She's got good taste in trucks.

ETA: Can't say the same about men, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard