GUILTY NY - Marc Bookal, 4, Newburgh, 14 Dec 2009

Marc, where are you? Now we have Aveion. All these kids, perps and witnesses are shutting up on these cases. Even Kelly's! No one is talking. I myself have seen articles on the Internet and TV about "Do not talk to police. If you are in any kind of trouble say nothing." Are these people seeing this stuff, too? Is LE TOO feared?
I hope our communities seek out and hire some real clever people in the future for LE and Investigators! And more of em! I'd rather have a new investigator department here in our town than 50 cameras in the parks they are putting in "to catch kids skateboarding," as they say ! I'd rather have some older women and men with sense than armored vehicles ! I'd rather have search dogs than new piercing sirens and ground thumping crowd-control cars.
Prayers for angel and survivor Marc always.

But Christina Bookal, who remains convinced the boy is still alive, said after attending Byrd's court appearance that she's not satisfied that all possible steps are being taken. She continued to criticize police for focusing on Byrd.

so she's insisting that her little boy wandered out of the house completely on his own ... and yet he's still alive somewhere. those two things could not possibly go together after all this time.

Defense wins bid for evidence in missing boy case

A City Court judge ordered prosecutors to let Cory Byrd and his lawyer see certain evidence collected in the investigation of 4-year-old Marc Bookal's disappearance.

Byrd's lawyer, Gary Greenwald, had argued his client has the right to know what prosecutors had so that he could defend himself against a charge of endangering the welfare of a child. Judge B. Harold Ramsey agreed, ordering the Orange County district attorney to turn over the materials by Tuesday.

More: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100203/NEWS/2030339

CITY OF NEWBURGH — Cory Byrd's lawyer pressed a demand to see the evidence against his client in City Court Friday morning.
But the Orange County District Attorney's Office is opposing that request. They're also considering whether to take the case to a grand jury.
City Court Judge B. Harold Ramsey said he'll rule on the demand Jan. 25.
City police have said that the investigation into Marc Anthony Bookal's disappearance is continuing.
(snip)

But Christina Bookal, who remains convinced the boy is still alive, said after attending Byrd's court appearance that she's not satisfied that all possible steps are being taken. She continued to criticize police for focusing on Byrd.
"I'm quite sure there are plenty of people who saw something," she said. "My 4-year-old is out there somewhere. Bring my son home."

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100116/NEWS/1160323/-1/NEWS

For focusing on the last person to see your child alive? The person who was supposed to be taking care of your child?

Give me a damned break.

Just saw an interview with Marc's father on HLN. He says he doesn't believe Marc would wander off, and doesn't take to strangers. He broke down during the interview; he's torn apart. :(

Just saw an interview with Marc's father on HLN. He says he doesn't believe Marc would wander off, and doesn't take to strangers. He broke down during the interview; he's torn apart. :(

I saw this interview and it was the first time I had heard of Marc. I came to find his thread because I knew he would have one here.

That interview made me cry. I was standing in the kitchen (we have an open concept LV/DR/Kit) and saw the interview in the livingroom and I just stood there and cried.

Why? And why is Mom defending the Monster we all know made Marc disappear?

I'll pray for Marc to be found and found soon. Bless that baby's heart.

Have the searched landfill? TIA

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/...-a-person-of-interest-in-Bookal-disappearance

The Orange County District Attorney’s Office will dismiss their pending misdemeanor criminal charge of endangering the welfare of a child against the Byrd, 30, of the City of Newburgh. Byrd was watching Bookal when he disappeared on Dec. 14.

Byrd, who remains a person of interest in the case, told police that Bookal went missing after he allowed the child to leave the home to visit neighbors. Police believe that Bookal, who is the son of Byrd's girlfriend, may have been the victim of a kidnapping or a homicide.

Just checking in to see if a murder charge had been handed down yet. I see that Byrd's charge of endangering the welfare of a child will be dismissed.
We need to find the body (I'm sorry to say, but IMO little Marc is no longer with us), so this can be given the charge and subsequent retribution.
God willing, he will talk someday. Please put this angel to sleep in peace.:(

We are expecting a snow storm :waitasec:
Either this child is indoors being captive.
Or he cant survive the elements. :(
either way this baby is in trouble. :(

Thank you for the link mrsc72!

From mrsc72's link: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100324/NEWS/100329879

Newburgh police renew search for missing 4-year-old

Lt. Charles Broe said the renewed search on Wednesday isn't based on any new evidence.

“Based upon where we are in the investigation, we feel it is necessary to go back and re-canvass some of the areas we've covered during the colder winter months,” Broe said.

Please let them find this baby so he can be laid to rest properly...since it appears he was failed by so many, at least let him be dignified by a proper burial...praying for the searchers safety and success!

???? Am I reading this right???

The endangerment charge was dismissed?? what??

Is he still in jail, other charges, I think at this point a murder charge is needed

what about the other kids?? Does the bio-mom of denial still have them??

Is C coming home to them?? I guess the "mother" needs that "man" around the house but what about the kids?? am I reading this right or is everything crazy or what?? Helllppp

???? Am I reading this right???

The endangerment charge was dismissed?? what??

Is he still in jail, other charges, I think at this point a murder charge is needed

what about the other kids?? Does the bio-mom of denial still have them??

Is C coming home to them?? I guess the "mother" needs that "man" around the house but what about the kids?? am I reading this right or is everything crazy or what?? Helllppp

Byrd is being held at Downstate Correctional Facility in Fishkill, where he's serving 15 months for violating his parole on felony convictions of assault and criminal sale of a controlled substance. He had marijuana in his system when city police arrested him after Marc's disappearance.

Byrd was arrested on a charge of endangering the welfare of a child in December, but the Orange County District Attorney dropped the charge rather than reveal the results of search warrants that authorities say may be important in filing more serious charges later.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100324/NEWS/100329868/-1/SITEMAP

hang in there!

Police Find Body Of Missing Newburgh 4-Year-Old

Police in Newburgh found the body of missing four-year-old Marc Anthony Bookal on Wednesday after he disappeared from his home back in December, CBS 2 HD has learned.

Police found the boy's body in a wooded area after reopening the search early Wednesday morning. Police said they felt it necessary to go back and re-canvass some of the areas covered in deep snow during the colder winter months.

http://wcbstv.com/topstories/missing.newburgh.child.2.1586556.html

I knew as soon as I read they had the streets blocked off and were wearing white collection suits they had found him.

So sad but at least he can be laid to rest now. God bless the police for not giving up on him.

Rest in peace little Marc. :(

Now they will charge that monster of a boyfriend. I hope mom gets charged too! jmo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back