TH's emails shed light on Horman split

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But, if she was, like Kaine said, the "master of misdirection," she could have very easily used a library computer or even someone else's. I can't remember for the life of me where I read about her alternate email addresses (the MC texts?) - they had some ick (perhaps sexual) connotation, IIRC. And I can't remember when LE served the subpoenas on her friend's homes either. I need to look this stuff up again with links.

I think her email addresses were discussed in the MSM article on KATU about the comments she left on their site. I just posted that article yesterday in the All parent/steps interviews thread in the reference forum. You might give it a check for it.

Le has their reason for showing these emails to Desiree and Kaine. I think for some reason, they wanted the public to be aware of them. LE couldn't very well hold a pressure and announce them to the public. Maybe they want to jog someones memory, or get someone to come forward with information, that they don't have yet. I think LE very purposefully did what they did, just not sure yet what it is.

cluciano63, I can't think of a single reason why LE would show these emails to Desiree, especially at such a late date. It must be bad enough for her to read Kaine's court filings, but now to read emails that describe Terri's hatred of Kyron? I have no idea why LE would do this. Talk about kicking her while she's down!

"Kaine told me it was not an option on several occasions and it was a point of contention with us," Young said.

Why would LE show these e-mails to Desiree?

Because they believe she is entitled to the truth as Kyron's parent.

Apparently she was not getting the truth from Kaine. OPINION

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are doing an investigation, knowing these pieces of info might make something else click for Desiree that fills in the blanks.

And her child is missing in a homicide investigation, she is not a suspect, and it would be cold hearted and inappropriate to withhold them.

She may need them to process what is really happening and get herself out of some purgatory where she believes her child might be alive. That would be sadistic.

But at the end of the day LE's job is to investigate the crime and find out what happened, if they are not withholding the information for the benefit of the case it is inappropriate to filter what she knows and what she doesn't.

I guess I am curious about the timing...whether LE held on to these for a while, or only just got them. If they had them a while, there has to be a reason they showed them to D&K now.

BeanE posted in the presser thread that Kaine stated that LE did not take their computers. I'll see if I can find that again.

They don't have to take computers, all they do is hook-up a storage device and make a copy of the hard drive and take that storage device back to examine the hard drive.

They are doing an investigation, knowing these pieces of info might make something else click for Desiree that fills in the blanks.

And her child is missing in a homicide investigation, she is not a suspect, and it would be cold hearted and inappropriate to withhold them.

She may need them to process what is really happening and get herself out of some purgatory where she believes her child might be alive. That would be sadistic.

But at the end of the day LE's job is to investigate the crime and find out what happened, if they are not withholding the information for the benefit of the case it is inappropriate to filter what she knows and what she doesn't.

Isn't it still a criminal investigation? I realize that homicide is a criminal act, but calling it a homicide investigation states all other criminal options are removed.

Maybe LE is getting ready to classify this case as a homicide? And need to have Desiree and Kaine "on board" so to speak, about Kyron's fate? LE can't really proceed to a murder trial if the parents are both saying Kyron is alive.

Yet today, it is Kaine who is saying he believes Kyron is alive, while Desiree seems to have reached a very dark place.

I guess I am curious about the timing...whether LE held on to these for a while, or only just got them. If they had them a while, there has to be a reason they showed them to D&K now.

I see what you mean, cluciano, about it being this long after the start of the investigation. I don't know. Maybe they didn't get the emails until recently? Otherwise, I don't know why they wouldn't share them.

I know in Gabe's case, where I'm in touch with the family, LE is VERY tight on sharing info. They might verbally discuss some things with them, but showing them evidence - well, I don't recall them ever doing that. I'd have to think back - it's been a year next month, and a lot has gone on. :)

Isn't it still a criminal investigation? I realize that homicide is a criminal act, but calling it a homicide investigation states all other criminal options are removed.

"Other criminal options" such as?

Someone's been hiding him for Terri for nearly six months? Doubtful.

Stranger abduction? Doubtful.

In all honesty, this has been a homicide investigation for months.

My opinion.

Maybe LE is getting ready to classify this case as a homicide? And need to have Desiree and Kaine "on board" so to speak, about Kyron's fate? LE can't really proceed to a murder trial if the parents are both saying Kyron is alive.

Yet today, it is Kaine who is saying he believes Kyron is alive, while Desiree seems to have reached a very dark place.

My understanding is that it's okay if the family believes the victim is alive, and says the victim is alive, but that it's LE, the DA, etc, who can't say or give indications the victim is alive, because the #1 element of a homicide case is that the victim is dead. To indicate otherwise opens the door for the defense to say, "But your honor (or my dear jurors), even LE/the DA doesn't believe this person is deceased!".

Were Kaine and Desiree there together on Friday finding out about these emails or did LE meet with Desiree separately?

My understanding is that it's okay if the family believes the victim is alive, and says the victim is alive, but that it's LE, the DA, etc, who can't say or give indications the victim is alive, because the #1 element of a homicide case is that the victim is dead. To indicate otherwise opens the door for the defense to say, "But your honor (or my dear jurors), even LE/the DA doesn't believe this person is deceased!".

Well, techically, LE can declare a case a homicide when they have pretty strong evidence that the person is deceased and did not die of natural causes. It doesn't really matter what the families believe at that point, and believe me, sometimes it's a shock to the parents when they tell them what they know. If they plan to present it to a GJ, and hope for an indictment, it's customary to tell the family what evidence they have. But it is not necessary to have the family's approval to bring charges against someone.
I would not think these emails would be sufficient to prove Kyron is dead, though. They would have to show some physical evidence indicating that, which they very well could have.
I think things are heating up, and it won't be long until Terri is charged, and possibly somene else as accomplice.

Well, techically, LE can declare a case a homicide when they have pretty strong evidence that the person is deceased and did not die of natural causes. It doesn't really matter what the families believe at that point, and believe me, sometimes it's a shock to the parents when they tell them what they know. If they plan to present it to a GJ, and hope for an indictment, it's customary to tell the family what evidence they have. But it is not necessary to have the family's approval to bring charges against someone.
I would not think these emails would be sufficient to prove Kyron is dead, though. They would have to show some physical evidence indicating that, which they very well could have.
I think things are heating up, and it won't be long until Terri is charged, and possibly somene else as accomplice.

Oh! I sure hope your right.

From Day 1, I've felt the way information has been released in this investigation has been, um, unusual, to say the least. A slow, halting trickle, and plenty of seeming dead ends, with lots of "he said, she said" and non-news pressers, attempting to ban certain media outlets, etc. Oh, and the odd way that it took so long for the family to speak publicly when Kyron first disappeared.

My gut feeling is that LE is showing these letters to Desiree now in an attempt to stir the pot and see what floats to the surface. They've essentially stalled and are hoping that fresh media coverage will prod someone into providing new evidence, particularly any of TH's friends who may be swayed by these latest unflattering revelations.

If LE showed these emails to Kaine and Desiree, I believe...though others may differ...that they had an investigative reason.

LE is not interested in the Horman divorce or in inciting problems between the grieving parents...they are building a criminal case. A case that involves a little boy who is missing and probably dead. They are professionals, focused only on THAT.

And WHO is still the focus after all this time and the involvement of many agencies? ...Terri Horman. These texts revealed just last Friday...re-emphasize the target and direction of their investigation: LE's focus remains squarely on Terri Horman.

LE has apparently not decided there is no evidence to charge her, or that the Landscaper is a mean-spirited illegal alien, or that Kaine is trying to frame her. Their case is being built against Terri. There is no other reason to be revealing these emails if Terri has been cleared and every thing heard, said, etc. about her is hearsay or bogus.

All the angst about tactics in the Horman divorce, or all the "shoulda-woulda-coulda"...does not change the fact that the person suspected of the most awful act of cruelty in this case...the person most deceptive, most cunning, most cruel...is neither of the biological parents. Pointing at them is a side show to try to clean up Terri. The person most likely in LE's eyes to have hurt or killed Kyron...to have committed the MONSTROUS act at the center of this case..is Terri.

Nothing Kaine did comes close. Nothing. All that is side issue..distraction...but it cannot help Terri. Nothing Kaine did or didn't do...can mitigate the hatred a 40 year old woman held for a 7 year old child.

There's no equivalency here. Trying to find something negative about Kaine in every vile revelation about Terri will not help in the courtroom. "I killed Kyron because he was too dumb to see I was an alcoholic." or "He should have told Desiree then I wouldn't have been forced to kill his kid in front of Baby K"will not work for the defense IMO.

Nothing Kaine did or did NOT do comes close.

Nothing.

If LE showed these emails to Kaine and Desiree

If they did...in the Today's Show interview with Desiree...it was Meredith Vieira that stated "The Police showed you"...Desiree did not say LE showed her. Doesn't mean they didn't for sure. And as far as KH respoonding today, I don't recall he said that either. Didn't seem like he was well versed on the emails at. But then again, he said he had not watched the "Today Show" either.

As I listened to Desiree, and her anger toward Kaine, I perceived it as directed at just this question. If these emails show a person who openly hated her child, how could Kaine have kept that from her, and kept her from being able to take care of their son to ensure his safety. That's what I understood from her presser anyway.

How could it be open hatred? Everyone that knew Terri and Kyron that we have heard from (including the bio parents before finding out what they now know from LE) have said that she loved Kyron and treated him as her own. If Terri hated Kyron, it seems like her dirty little secret that she only shared with certain people(perhaps those that are now helping her if Kyron is alive).

I think cluciano is correct with the thought that LE is trying to prepare the parents for the inevitable(turning this into a homicide investigation). I'm heartbroken for them. It seems Desiree is coming to the realization that her son is not coming home and she is angry. Jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie