TN - Holly Bobo, 20, Darden, believed abducted 13 April 2011 - #24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That's my mind-boggling thought for today.

May 21st......tick....tick....tick.....

I am beginning to think this has something to do with the family. NOT that the family is involved in Holly's disappearance at all. But that the crime was committed due to something only known to the family and that LE does not want this to get out.

That crossed my mind. There is something about this case that is different...

And in a lot of cases you can sort of figure out what probably happened even if you don't have all the answers. Shelly Mook and Susan Powell come to mind. Those two are IMHO obviously domstic type issues. But here its hard to really figure out who all the players are and how they relate to each other.
:banghead:

If anyone got stiffed on a loan, for example?

True, but why would anyone deny them unless they had something to hide. Also, what about thermal vision helicopters or cars? Maybe I am just being to silly.

The same reason thousands of law abiding Americans no longer fly. Law abiding citizens have become exhausted from the constant searches, patdowns, nude body scans, tracking devices on cars, and warrantless wiretaps. Those of us who would've allowed a search of our home without a warrant a decade ago are just tired of being searched.

Hi I read through a lot of these posts. Everyone has such great thoughts. I am baffled about this situation. i feel is is so important to give lE the benefit of the doubt, however, I wish we had a better understanding of the situation from either the family or the police. I also feel that they have a strong indication of what is going on. we cant give up for her

my opinions only, no facts here:

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

Good thinking. Then again, maybe they would go where they are most familiar? Or where they had a place already planned?

:sigh:

Where's Holly? :(

The same reason thousands of law abiding Americans no longer fly. Law abiding citizens have become exhausted from the constant searches, patdowns, nude body scans, tracking devices on cars, and warrantless wiretaps. Those of us who would've allowed a search of our home without a warrant a decade ago are just tired of being searched.

I would still allow it, but I'm informed of the importance of searches due to being on this forum and having a friend whose daughter and granddaughter are missing. If I wasn't, I might think differently, for sure.

I agree with you about flying. I have two young daughters and there is no way I am going to subject them to being patted down. Especially because one of my kids will still wear diapers for a plane ride... and there is no way patting her down would be good enough. If they patted her down they would almost certainly have to strip her down. We don't need to go anywhere bad enough that we cannot drive. That's just the way it is.

However, I opened my door gladly when a child went missing in our area.

We had just gotten back from a week in the hospital... I had been putting my kids to bed and unloading the van. So I hadn't had my house secure at the time and wanted to ensure she had not gotten in, just as much as the cops wanted to ensure she wasn't in there.

I begged the officers to please be quiet to not wake my kids, I turned on music in their room and I essentially "led" the search. Knowing all the places a child could hide. Cupboards, drawers, appliances, closets, boxes and the storage bins... that they didn't search in other houses. Fortunately, my children's room was not one of the places anyone could hide in. I opened that room and showed them that there was nowhere in there she could be... and that was that.

I wasn't thrilled about it or comfortable with it... and it was absolutely horrible timing for me but none of that mattered because there was a little girl missing. That was before I was on this board. If they had searched every house as thoroughly as I led them to search mine, they would have found her body on the first day instead of a week later.

I would never object to allowing even volunteers to search my property. I would help them. We have a 3000 square foot building in the yard... search it. The barn, the pasture, search it. The vehicles, search them.

I cannot imagine saying no... knowing someone's child was missing. That's just me.

my opinions only, no facts here:

I understand your initial cynicism, but remember that I began my previous post with admissions of significant failed interpretations of some cases in my past. As another example of my past mistakes, I predicted in the 1980's that the Green River Killer was unmarried. The astute sleuth can detect that I am an honest man, humbled by experience and not a bombastic liar. But to argue for my present state of mind, watching the Tanya Rider case on "Disappeared" Season 2 I deduced 7 minutes into the episode that no crime had occurred and the woman had driven her vehicle off the road (I had never heard of this case before that time). In other words, I have learned from past mistakes and have increased my sleuthing skills over the decades.

The distribution of evidence in the Holly Bobo case is curious. It seems planted, not to taunt the police, but as some predictable and immature effort to mislead them or others. But in this 'most secretive case in my memory' even the so-called locations of discovered evidence comes into question. I can only work with what I have, and I reiterate- if I had two more pieces of factual evidence I could figure this thing out.

I believe you are right- why would a kidnapper drive south, towards town? The kidnapper would head north, away from a population center. Further, who in their right mind would be merrily disposing of evidence if the victim was still sitting beside them? Common sense, my friend. Here is a potential problem with the complete secrecy in this case- suppose the searchers found a significant item at location Z. If this was immediately and fully revealed to the public, some passerby might report that they saw this item earlier at time X, and time X might blow the case open.

I think cynicism helps in being a good investigator.

I must say, I can figure out the who done its on TV. However, in real life there is not enough public information to identify a significant POI before LE.

Let me ask, how does knowing the identity of the second significant find direct your thinking to solving this case? Knowing if it was her cell phone would draw you to what direction in solving the case?

Also, may I suggest that if the perp was intentionally spreading evidence it was more from inexperience than immaturity. Why would he risk being seen? If Holly was securely hidden, why not keep the items in the same location?

Also, how was this behavior predictable?

Thanks for your help.

I agree, 10EC. The way he desposited items shows inexperience.

LE likely is keeping the second item under wraps in hope for when they do get a POI they can verify that he is their guy if he says something about the item during the interrogation process.

I sure hope they can find Holly and in the process hope people won't forget her.

Missing in Tennessee: another update
---
Gail Palmgren....missing for 21 days
Holly Bobo........missing for 38 days
Shelly Mook.......missing for 82 days

Missing in Tennessee: another update
---
Gail Palmgren....missing for 21 days
Holly Bobo........missing for 38 days
Shelly Mook.......missing for 82 days

Little Zaylee Fryar (whose mother was found dead in the Cumberland River) is also still missing in Tennessee.

I don't recall anything about Holly except for the press releases on the TBI site.

Her poster is still on the FBI site; the height and weight estimates have not been changed there to match the TBI estimates, which were upped a few weeks back.

I think she was listed as a missing child (in addition to a "missing person")...because there was some debate about why she would be listed as such considering her age. Some posters speculated it was because she was a full-time student still living at home.

Those listed as over 18 are ones who would be over 18 now but were children when they went missing...no adults are listed...(who were adults when vanished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam