2011.08.05 Hearing on Casey's probation

Status
Not open for further replies.
UMMM....then that would include the SA office too, as they were monitoring EVERY SINGLE piece of mail and VISIT that she received while in jail....they KNEW it was being served and they ALSO did not report any objection or error.

Yep, anyone that was aware it was an error and had a duty to tell the court. I haven't heard HH fussing at them,though. May be more of an issue for DT since their client benefits from the error and they admitted they KNEW it was an error.

Just got here.....well HHBP is giving it a better try than I expected from what little I have seen. I need to go back and watch it in its entirety after it is finished.

(Jose appears pale-- staying indoors a lot?)

Imo, it's not so much the scriveners error, it's the DT taking off with it. mo

JBP - best thing I can say @ this point is that it is a legal maze.

FG - bad public policy to allow someone to serve probation while in custody.....this supervision was supervision was in name only....

the ultimate issue .....looking @ some of the research the court does have the ability to have kc report.....whether there is a time frame involved in fixing a scribners error.....FG is presenting documentation to the court and DT to support his opinion

Judge: the key issue is whether or not t court has jurisdiction to amend the scrivener's error...and so far i have not been able to find anything...

Go FG GO!!!! clerical errors the Judge may correct at any time! since 1991 the ability of the court to change or correct the clerical errror.

The 1927 case law seems clear to me. Casey comes back!

It seems to me as a non legal person that if the function and requirements of probation are to do be released into the community and then do (a) (b) and (c) every month- and the offender has not met those requirements then she has not served her probation. How COULD she have met them when she was not in the community?

I think he is sitting on them and keeping his fingers crossed. OUCH!!! :great:

Still his arrogant self, though. Did you see the smug look he gave the Judge when he walked up to assist Fryer? He also shook his head and rolled his eyes when FG approached to counter Fryer.

I think HHJP is irritated that a Stay and an Emergency Hearing were demanded. He had to squeeze this on the docket and into his calendar with no time to research it.

Boss just came in, keep us posted.

OT - have we heard anything about sanctions for the DT members for their behaviors during the trial? When is JBP going to rule on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth