GUILTY UT - Alexis Rasmussen, 16, North Ogden, 10 Sept 2011

I just saw this on KSL..they should have more information at the 12pm broadcast here in about an hour and 20 minutes. I'll post what they say after it airs.

:(

I will watch for a news conference.

Press conference indicates that they were led to the body yesterday by a confidential source. The LE have kept a tight lid on their investigation.

WHY? WHY? WHY?? I just will never understand.

I wonder if the wife rolled over on the husband. She is looking for a plea deal and led them to the body. So very sad! However, since the LE is not naming the suspects that they have, it could also be the "teenage boy" that was texting her that night. There may be other suspects that they do not want to spook.

I suspected highly that this would be the outcome, but I didn't want it to be true.

R.I.P. Alexis Prayers for Alexis' family.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-r...o-not-yet-identified-20111019,0,1913075.story

Body found in connection with Alexis Rasmussen disappearance

Another news article...

North Ogden Police Chief Polo Afuvai said they have not confirmed that the remains were that of Alexis Rasmussen. Smith told FOX 13 there is a "strong possibility" that it is. An autopsy was being performed by the state medical examiner on Wednesday.

A recovering addict that they confided in taking their own "Inventory"? We shall see..

I just saw the latest. Thanks guys for keeping the thread updated. Poor Alexis' mom.

So, what's your guess? Is it the couple she babysat for? And what would be their motives?

It sounds here like the police are fairly confident the body they found is Alexis.

These things are so sad. This weekend down in Spanish Fork (just south of Provo), three teenage girls were taking pictures by some train tracks here, and they were all hit by some passing trains. Two sisters, and their friends - all gone in an instant.

I don't know how I could go on living if something like this happened to one of my children. These poor families.

So, what's your guess? Is it the couple she babysat for? And what would be their motives?

It sounds here like the police are fairly confident the body they found is Alexis.

These things are so sad. This weekend down in Spanish Fork (just south of Provo), three teenage girls were taking pictures by some train tracks here, and they were all hit by some passing trains. Two sisters, and their friends - all gone in an instant.

I don't know how I could go on living if something like this happened to one of my children. These poor families.

I think the couple she babysat for is going to end up being responsible, and it's probably going to be over drugs. They both have criminal histories involving drugs, and my guess is while Alexis was babysitting or after the couple came home, things went south when she confronted them (could have been about anything- maybe she found drugs? maybe she mentioned she was concerned for their child because of the drugs? etc..) and they snapped. I've got a BUNCH of different theories as to possible motives/reasons/what happened.

That's awful about the train incident in Spanish Fork! I live in Park City, and I hadn't heard about that. So sad. :(

Ugh...so sad. :(

Dom: My guess...The couple used her to get forged prescriptions at Walgreens, took her back home and then...who knows...Honestly, I can't even think about it. It's making me sick...

And I don't think human garbage needs a motive to do anything.

Still praying for this girl to turn up safe. I won't give up hope until something official comes out.

PS. I cross-posted you again, Kaylynn. :)

So much for that whole "no evidence of foul play" and likely runaway thing huh? :furious:

This is so sad! I was hoping she would turn up safe.

I live in Spanish Fork and I know the family of the sisters; it was a tough weekend. The dad of the girls actually came down to the tracks and saw the "scene" not long after the train hit them.

I really think that it will be the couple. I thought that it was likely when they put them in jail for non-related charges. It sounds like their stories were not consistent from the beginning. I believe that they did use her name on the forged prescription and that is why she was on the surveillance video at Walgreens.

It makes me sad that this case has received so little attention.

R.I.P. Alexis. I hope justice is swift against ALL those responsible.

bbm

I do believe it's the couple. And I don't think they went out that night (or obviously came back early). I think they had somehow gotten Alexis involved in whatever they were doing. And they used her that night to get more drugs and may have even gotten her to try them, too. I'm thinking of an accidental overdose. Actually, I'm thinking of some other things, too, but I won't go there yet.

:(

MOO

I'm not believing it myself. I think the text was sent by the couple... Unless LE has other evidence, then I think they're trying to put the blame away from themselves. JMHO

I have a tendency to think that they are responsible and that she didn't actually meet up with this teen. My biggest reason for this is the inconsistent stories to Alexis' mom the next morning. If they had just simply said, she left at midnight to meet some guy; then maybe I would be thinking more along the lines of this "guy" she texted.

Reasons why I suspect the couple:
the inconsistencies immediately with her mom
the surveillance showing getting a "prescription" at 10:30 (likely a forged prescription based on charges)
she texted her mom saying they were not yet home at 11:30
the search of their home by LE
the focusing on the kitchen and the stairs coming out of the home
checking the trunk of the car
taking the car in
and finally their arrests for charges unrelated to her disappearance

We have watched time and again LE taking suspects in for separate charges while they build their case against them. They are able to question them, and it keeps them from running or hiding evidence while LE are building the case and looking for the body.

IMHO and all that jazz!

To me, I don't see why else the couple would have taken Alexis to Walgreens with them UNLESS she was forging a prescription for them. It's just strange that Dea comes home, grabs Alexis, goes to Walgreens and picks up a prescription, then goes BACK out with her husband.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling
Back