LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by kgeaux
I don't think the perp would necessarily have to know the history/reputation of the Whiskey Bay exit.

It's an out of the way area that is easily accessible by roadway or waterway, it's dark and deserted at night, and it's a kind of no-brainer choice to dump stuff in the swamp.

Yes but the sheer coincidence of it being by Whiskey Bay..... Why not Butte La Rose?? It would be more convenient to drop the bike there due to accesibility coming from Lafayette. It's closer than Whiskey Bay. He must have had the location in mind. Hints either a copycat near the area, or worse a nationwide suspect that the FBI doesn't want to release info about. All he would have to do is google serial killers in Louisiana.http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/s...uge/index.html

first post, so excuse me if i do something wrong,...but this comment made me think of something. what if the perp DID originally drive through butte la rose, but noticed how lit up it was, and didnt i read somewhere that there was security there? and maybe cameras? maybe anyone who was there or any cameras that may have been there need to be investigated to see if maybe the perps car might have driven through there first but been too spooked to drop the bike there, choosing whiskey bay instead?

yes, this is the corner where circle k is located. it is the last place mickey was shown riding her bike in the surveillance photos.

I edited and put in a picture of the circle K above. Now I can see where your picture was taken from, that's not a place to park, it looks like a motorcycle stopped at the right light on the corner. I could be wrong though.

What I don't understand is that they have a pic of MS right across the street from Circle K. That's the last pic of this poor girl. But about 100 yards further down the street, in the direction she was travelling, there are pictures of "vehicles of interst", taken at the same time. Why aren't there any pics of MS from that camera? It would take her about 10 seconds to go from the Circle K to the area where the pics of the "vehicles of interest" is taken.

Could be she was was riding too close to the camera in order for it to capture her image or, she was forced into or willingly entered a white truck.

Here's where I posted flyers for the old car:

On Pinhook Rd., south of Kaliste Saloom:

Wal-Mart, Chinese buffet in front of Wal-Mart, O'Reilly Auto Parts, gas station adjacent to O'Reilly, Shell station at corner of Pinhook & Verot School Rd., Cracker Barrel & Circle K at Pinhook and Bonin Rd.

Texaco station at Youngsville Hwy. & Albertson Pkwy.

On Verot School: Shop-Rite station at Verot School and Feu Follet Rd., Earl's Market, Mobil at Verot School & Failla Rd.

Everyone was pleased to help, with two exceptions:

<modsnip>

Autozone on Pinhook gave a blanket refusal to have the flyer anywhere inside or outside the store.

The was very disappointing, as an auto-parts store is the perfect place to look for an old car. Now, before you call them, I have known the manager for 10 years and he is a decent guy. He said his hands are tied and I would have to get permission from corporate. <modsnip> I called corporate offices in TN, and was referred to the regional manager in Houston - who was gone for Memorial Day. I left a message and will try tomorrow.

The clerks at Circle K said that corporate wouldn't allow them to post anything on the door, so they had me tape it down right at the cash register. Even Wal-Mart cooperated. Autozone was the stinker.

Later I will have to go up Ambassador Caffery - and man, that could take me all the rest of the day.... lots of places to go.

Good Lord, we need a criminal profiler. I felt certain they would find something down there near the bike.

I really feel dumping the bike was a diversionary tactic to fool LE into believing they're headed eastbound and dropped the bike on the way. It's my take that she's being held in Lafayette.

Why not keep the bike hidden with her? Because by dumping it they hopefully take some heat off. I believe if she were dead LE would have found a body also.

Makes no sense to dump just the bike if that were the case.

Can anyone come up with a convincing argument that this is where she disappeared? Can you speel it out?
Do we know or not know where she disappeared, or is it still possible that she actually rode all the way to say Coliseum Rd?

i believe it is possible she could have ridden almost to bertrand/southcollege street. if she made her way to either johnson or congress, i think they both have red light cameras where the cross bertrand/wouth college and LE would seen her on them and then concentrated on searching WEST of bertrand/southcollege. as for statements i;ve seen in this forum, search groups where still heavily searching down st. landry, so she was most probably taken before bertrand/southcollege.

cf, how about the Caddy and Olds dealerships (sometimes need/prefer to buy original parts)? Just a thought...

Fried Man--how about car washes and tire stores?
Especially inside in the employee break room. In fact, all businesses in the break room.

Thanks for all your sleuthing and footwork!

I am trying to understand on what basis she would be "being held." There has not been a ransom demand, apparently, and I can't think of many, if any, women who are kidnapped and "held". Of course, there are the ones who are still missing, we don't know their status, but it seems so unlikely to me. Yes, there have been a few children who have been found much later, but an adult?

Here's where I posted flyers for the old car:

On Pinhook Rd., south of Kaliste Saloom:

Wal-Mart, Chinese buffet in front of Wal-Mart, O'Reilly Auto Parts, gas station adjacent to O'Reilly, Shell station at corner of Pinhook & Verot School Rd., Cracker Barrel & Circle K at Pinhook and Bonin Rd.

Texaco station at Youngsville Hwy. & Albertson Pkwy.

On Verot School: Shop-Rite station at Verot School and Feu Follet Rd., Earl's Market, Mobil at Verot School & Failla Rd.

Everyone was pleased to help, with two exceptions:

<modsnip>

Autozone on Pinhook gave a blanket refusal to have the flyer anywhere inside or outside the store.

The was very disappointing, as an auto-parts store is the perfect place to look for an old car. Now, before you call them, I have known the manager for 10 years and he is a decent guy. He said his hands are tied and I would have to get permission from corporate. <modsnip> I called corporate offices in TN, and was referred to the regional manager in Houston - who was gone for Memorial Day. I left a message and will try tomorrow.

The clerks at Circle K said that corporate wouldn't allow them to post anything on the door, so they had me tape it down right at the cash register. Even Wal-Mart cooperated. Autozone was the stinker.

Later I will have to go up Ambassador Caffery - and man, that could take me all the rest of the day.... lots of places to go.

Did you clean up this morning chicken fried? We don't want you out there scaring people - lol! :blowkiss:

Can you send me a link to that pic/flyer? Ive been doimg surveillance and canvassing the hood the last few days and would like to show it around. If that car is in town someone will eventually give me something useful

This is just a statement of disgust:

I canNOT understand why anyone would enjoy abducting a person. And how they can be okay knowing that they are ruining people's lives (not only the victim but the immediate family automatically has to find a way to live now in a bad world). Where does such evil come from.

I can understand some crimes. But this sort of thing to me is beyond my imagination's ability to comprehend.

I am trying to understand on what basis she would be "being held." There has not been a ransom demand, apparently, and I can't think of many, if any, women who are kidnapped and "held". Of course, there are the ones who are still missing, we don't know their status, but it seems so unlikely to me. Yes, there have been a few children who have been found much later, but an adult?

It happens. Anne Sluti is the obvious one, I think she counts because she was 17. There was a case a few years ago where a woman worked at a mall and was abducted when she walked out to her car after work. Turned out that she had been held in the basement of some local creep's house and was eventually able to escape. There was also a math teacher who was held by one of her former students years after she had taught him. I think one of the 48 Hours shows had a story on it. It's definitely not probable in any particular case but it does happen.

Another idea (not original)...flyers on personal vehicles (your own)...LOL.

Maybe even place them on windshields of vehicles parked at strategic locations. I don't usually like that on my vehicle, but I wouldn't mind a MP flyer at all.

I really feel dumping the bike was a diversionary tactic to fool LE into believing they're headed eastbound and dropped the bike on the way. It's my take that she's being held in Lafayette.

Why not keep the bike hidden with her? Because by dumping it they hopefully take some heat off. I believe if she were dead LE would have found a body also.

Makes no sense to dump just the bike if that were the case.

Unless they dumped pieces of evidence in many different places. Not to say that she isn't alive. I hope and pray she is. But scattering evidence all over would be the best way to mislead LE IMO.

Another idea (not original)...flyers on personal vehicles (your own)...LOL.

Maybe even place them on windshields of vehicles parked at strategic locations. I don't usually like that on my vehicle, but I wouldn't mind a MP flyer at all.

Awesome idea, very visible.

It happens. Anne Sluti is the obvious one, I think she counts because she was 17. There was a case a few years ago where a woman worked at a mall and was abducted when she walked out to her car after work. Turned out that she had been held in the basement of some local creep's house and was eventually able to escape. There was also the case of a math teacher who was held by one of her former students years after she had taught him. It's definitely not probable in any particular case but it does happen.

I know there is an example or two for just about anything in the world...just seems so unlikely to me. But I guess families have to hope for anything that gives them a chance to get them back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie