VA VA - Leyla Namiranian, 41, Chesterfield, 4 April 2012 *M. Edwards guilty*

A man "claiming to be the person of interest" (that's all he's identified as, although it seems obvious he's Edwards) also contacted the local NBC station by phone:

http://www.nbc12.com/story/18744753/person-of-interest-in-midlothian-disappearance-contacts-nbc12

He says he would visit her at her home and would text her, and that they were "great friends" who had no problems. but...

...the article Shutterfly posted has the police implying Edwards might have been stalking her (although that may just be an assumption because they are from different economic classes). Edwards' wife also took out a preliminary protective order against him recently but it wasn't upheld by the judge after 2 weeks. And I don't like his wife saying "he'll do a lot of talking, but he is not violent." I wish we had video of Edwards to see if he looks like he's obviously lying.

And no those apartments are not in a good area - especially compared to where Leyla lives and works.
Thanks for everyone updating... I wonder WHY he would call the media. So many reasons have been running through my head.
Bottom line, I want to know where Leyla is and bring the sicko to proper justice!

Am I understanding this right--Edwards is married but was having a friendship and maybe more with Leyla? And he lives in an apartment and his wife of 27 years lives in a house? Were they separated or something? His wife mentioned him staying out late on weekends. So, was the guy cheating on his wife with Leyla or what? Did she know he had a wife? But she was also seeing the other guy who had dinner at her house? I hope one of them didn't murder her.

Somehow I missed this case along the way. I have read up now and find it very interesting. I am praying that LE is narrowing down their search for the perp. Praying for Leyla...I hope we can get to the bottom of this mystery.

RICHMOND, Va. (WTVR) – People living in a Richmond neighborhood are shedding some light on the man police are calling a person of interest in the disappearance of a Chesterfield woman.

Leyla Namiranian vanished without a trace two months ago.

Since then, investigators have since searched the apartment of a man who knew her, and even took away his car. [RELATED: Police search apartment in missing Chesterfield woman’s case]

That man’s neighbors told CBS 6 News’ Shelby Brown Friday that they have not seen him for several days now. When he is around, they described the man as a loner.

As for Namiranian, the neighbors said they had never seen her in the apartment complex.

CBS 6 Legal Expert Todd Stone said investigators are in a tricky spot.

“You don’t want to charge someone too soon, because once you charge them, speedy trial clock is ticking,” said Stone. “But you don’t want them out on the street if you have evidence…because they could be a risk to the public.”

However, police said they are hopeful results of forensic tests will lead them to an arrest soon.

Here's one of the things I can't seem to grasp. Mr. Edwards wife states in interviews that Mr. Edwards "will do a lot of talking, but he's not violent." Okay, I get that. But this is the same person who filed a preliminary order of protection against Mr. Edwards on February 2nd on the basis that he threatened her. Huh? So she feared that he may become violent, based on a verbal threat, four months ago.....but now four months later he'll do a lot of talking but he's not violent.

The rumor that I heard was that she was seeing someone from work. However, the same source thought it was exceedingly unlikely that PP was the person she was seeing (romantically). It doesn't seem as if he could have been living with her without the rumor mill at work churning, so I doubt he's the man who moved out recently (neighbors thought it was her husband, but apparently he's been living out on the west coast for a while now). I wonder if the other POI (Edwards?) was monitoring her when PP came over for supper, misconstrued what was a platonic visit, and jealously waited until PP left.

The rumor that I heard was that she was seeing someone from work. However, the same source thought it was exceedingly unlikely that PP was the person she was seeing (romantically). It doesn't seem as if he could have been living with her without the rumor mill at work churning, so I doubt he's the man who moved out recently (neighbors thought it was her husband, but apparently he's been living out on the west coast for a while now). I wonder if the other POI (Edwards?) was monitoring her when PP came over for supper, misconstrued what was a platonic visit, and jealously waited until PP left.

I will have to check but for some reason I remember one of the original articles where one of the neighbors did say she lived with her husband until a few months ago.
I remember thinking that was interesting bc they haven't been together for a while!
Unfortunately, with Edwards past it looks like you could be right and he was stalking her :(
Is PP married??

PP was married -- I don't know if he is now. I have to say that although many think it's very unlikely that the two of them were romantically involved, there aren't too many men I'd have over to my house for a platonic dinner until that late at night (though I can think of one or two that I would have over for supper on a weeknight without any romantic overtones). I'm of two minds -- and completely speculating -- she is/was Italian and in Italy it's almost unheard of to have supper until 8 or 9 at night. Paoli also sounds like an Italian name, so maybe what seems to me like late hours is my equivalent of having someone over from 5-7 in the evening.

I guess whether or not the "stain" matches will be informative. Even if they were involved, it doesn't mean he killed her (Chandra Levy comes to mind). The other POI sounds very frightening from the affidavit. Wonder what she was doing hanging around with the likes of him -- sounds very strange that he "can't remember" how they met.

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...on-of-interest-accused-of-threats-ar-1980924/

From the article:

"In the affidavit, filed in Richmond Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court, Catherine Edwards wrote that she was verbally abused every day and that in February her husband threatened to kill her for no reason...'I am tired of being fearful for my life because he is getting high,'...Edwards, a laborer who lives in Richmond and works in Hanover County...He said he and Namiranian were friends but that he could not recall where they met...Authorities said last week that Edwards told police that he had been dating Namiranian around the time she disappeared."

http://wtvr.com/2012/06/13/person-of-interest-in-protective/

*snipped

She said her estranged husband threatened to kill her, burn her up inside her home and take her to King William where no one could find her. Despite those former claims, she defended that same man just days ago in a Times-Dispatch article telling them quote,”He’ll do a lot of talking but he’s not violent.”

http://www2.timesdispatch.com/news/...est-case-missing-altria-worker-ha-ar-1983916/

*snipped

Michael Anthony Edwards, 51, was sentenced to 20 years in prison with 10 years suspended for maliciously wounding a woman he lived with while married to his current wife in a sudden attack outside her residence.

In testimony at his trial, the victim said Edwards stood over her and stabbed her repeatedly while saying, "If I can't have you, nobody else is going to have you, either," according to a transcript. She was stabbed three times in the mouth and under her left arm, collapsing a lung.

The Richmond News Leader reported in February 1987 that Edwards, then 27, was charged with four counts of abduction and one count of aggravated assault in connection with an incident in which a woman was beaten in the face, stomach and groin by someone she knew, and that her two children were held hostage in a room of their house by the same assailant.

Edwards was arrested this March 18 on a drug-possession charge in Hanover County, where he works as a laborer. The court file mentions an orange prescription bottle containing two tablets.

In 1989, Edwards pleaded guilty in Richmond Circuit Court to possession of cocaine, possession of cocaine while in possession of a firearm, and with attempting to escape from law enforcement officers.

Oh... My.... God

I've got to wonder....have they pulled the right guys record???

What in the heck happened to "he'll do a lot of talking, but he's not violent?"

Maybe I missed this, so I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

How did she know Edwards? Just seems like an unlikely pair.

Maybe I missed this, so I apologize in advance if this has already been answered.

How did she know Edwards? Just seems like an unlikely pair.

As far as I know, we have NO clue! Edwards said in a phone interview that he couldn't remember where he met Leyla?!?!?! Yeah right.

As far as I know, we have NO clue! Edwards said in a phone interview that he couldn't remember where he met Leyla?!?!?! Yeah right.

Wow, hope the police aren't buying that. I wonder if she even knew it all. He seems to be a troubled man. Maybe she was a fantasy to him. I just can't wrap my head around the two of them "dating"

So...we have TWO men in Ms. Leyla's love life (well, 3 if you count her ex).

One of the two sounds crazy and unstable...with a wife and a past. He is calling the cops and the media wanting to talk.

The other one is a higher up in the business world, intelligent...with a wife. He is refusing to talk to law enforcement and has lawyered up.

They BOTH sound guilty to me.
:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail