AL AL - Brittney Wood, 19, Mobile, 31 May 2012 - # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
IIRC, people who make meth have a hard time getting the ingredients for them... Often they will be more than happy to trade a quantity of meth for a couple boxes of shoplifted Sudafed.

Seems another item often bartered for meth is Tide detergent, because it is relatively expensive, but concentrated so it is not huge. Some stores keep it locked up because it is so frequently shoplifted. So you might not need to have money OR perform sex acts to get drugs, assuming you are willing to do a little shoplifting.

Really??!! Well, that's new info. for me. Never heard of that (the Tide connection).

About getting the Sudafed... Mobile Co. is currently implementing some type of crack down on meth production. There was a large # of people arrested last summer all at one time and they are now arresting in "waves". A period of time will pass and then they will make another large # of arrests. I found out a few days ago that they are priming now to make another group of arrests. I figured they would have done so by now. I am sure we will see a group of arrests before the end of this summer. I believe (IMO) they are allowing (looking the other way, but not really) people to make purchases at drug stores in large amounts while watching & tracking them as they do so. In My opinion only, but I don't think that happens so much in Baldwin Co. I don't think Baldwin Co. would let people continue to make purchases with the intent to track their activities and connections. I believe the ingredients are out there in the community but those who are making those purchases are being watched like a hawk.

Hopefully this has nothing to do with Brittney at all BUT Where Is She?? I was so hoping that the possible spotting in Tennessee would be her. It sounds like such a match.

This is only my second post so if it's against the rules then please delete it. BUT my thought is with so many sex offenders near buy someone could have picked her up and be holding her captive. I tend to always think of jacey duggard (Can we say her name?) As far as the Meth binge goes.. my sister has taken off for over a month and left her three small children with my mother. She eventually got custody of the children..

To be clear... and PLEASE correct me if I am mistaken (won't be the first or last time - especially not in this case)...

It was reported that the victim who came forward after BW's disappearance named a suspect who then confessed and provided LE with the name of another suspect...

1. DK's booking time was before RSW's... logic would tell us that DK was the one who reportedly confessed and then implicated RSW (possibly in exchange for a smaller bond, charges, get RSW off the search for BW, to be vindictive for DH, there are many possible reasons)...

Someone's husband was being investigated for sex crimes and it is believed that RSW was the one who first notified LE 4 months ago...

Someone else's husband was arrested and then implicated RSW.

Going back to logic... why on earth would a "guilty" person (RSW) turn in another guilty person (DH) knowing full well they would be arrested too? It does not take a rocket scientist to deduce the idiocy of that action. RSW does not at all strike me as someone who is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

Maybe its just me but... :deadhorse:

1. Do we know how much time was between bookings? I can't imagine DK implicates RSW & the police run & immediately arrest him too. These are charges that could potentially ruin an innocent man's life. Without a doubt, I feel they have proof. (I might end up eating a "dead horse" later if I am wrong. :floorlaugh:)

2. I believe he is smart also, but that can bite you. Maybe he thought turning them in would sorta make him the hero and not the bad guy.

DK or DH rat on RSW. Police interview RSW. RSW denies charges. LE says, "we don't believe you, we believe him/them".
If RSW denies allegations wouldn't they have to get more proof? Like a victim or something?

btw...I love your posts and all your hard work. I pray RSW isn't guilty because out of the 3 Uncles, he is the only one blood related.

I dont think who was booked first really matters, they could have both been interrogated at the same time and one was just booked first. And I will gladly jump in and help ya eat that horse if you are wrong.

Who can fax a poster? PM so I can give you the #

No you don't need the phone to access voice mail. But why would WWH be checking BWs phone for voice mail and calling AT&T for the info less than a week after her husband shot himself? Supposedly WWH deleted some texts and voice mail from DHs phone. If you have phone in hand you can read all the texts (which are not mentioned in any posts — see below) but you cannot access voice mail unless you have the password.

This would make sense if BWs mom (CW) was checking into this info and its unlikely she would ask her sister (WWH) to do this several days after her sister's husband killed himself. Phone companies have a record of when, where and how many texts are sent but the do not (as far as I know) have records of what is said in text messages. So if you delete texts from the phone they are gone for good and the only record of anything missing would come from the phone company. No one will see any discrepancy without the phone.

I think its entirely possible WWH found BWs phone. Its not like she has been forthcoming with facts.

According to FootballMom's timeline (I am snipping and paraphrasing and [ ] is being used to clarify):

5/30 (Wednesday) BW leaves Tillmans Corner
5/31: 12:07am (technically Thursday or just past midnight on Wednesday) BW sends text from Styx River. DH phone pings in same area as BW
5/31 1:47am (technically Thursday or past midnight on Wednesday) BW sends text from Grand Bay truck stop to friend (who was too wasted to remember anything). Supposedly BWs last phone activity
6/1 (Friday) DH shoots himself in Fairhope
6/2 (Saturday) CW reports Brittney missing

Posts made regarding 5/31 (Thursday):
6/4 (Monday): WWH (supposedly) posts that she looked at DH's phone he talked to her (BW) Thursday night around 7 .
6/6 (Wednesday) WWH (supposedly) posts DH told me that she called him wanting to come stay [[Styx River]] but he told her he wasnt staying here he was staying in wilcox.
6/7 (Thursday) WWH (supposedly) posts that she and the boys stayed with DH Thursday
6/7 (Thursday WWH (supposedly) posts All they would give me about her [[BW]] phone was the last call was wed. Around 7 to DH. Last text was around 7 wed. To some other number so she hasnt had any contact with anyone after wed.
6/7 (Thursday) A family friend posts "i was sitting right next to WWH when she was on the phone with at&t today... they told her that they could not give out the info she was asking them for, because WWH is not BW. but they did give her the last 4 digits of the # BW had texted last."
6/7 (Thursday) Another relative posts - WWH BROKE HER CODE TO CHECK HER (BW) MESSAGES IF THAT IS WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

I do believe that, with a subpoena, deleted texts can be obtained from the carrier, though this may vary from carrier to carrier as I understand it. I believe the same is true of deleted posts and emails too. I could stand corrected on this, but I it is my understanding. Obviously, you can't just get them back on the phone itself without going through the carrier.

I do believe that, with a subpoena, deleted texts can be obtained from the carrier, though this may vary from carrier to carrier as I understand it. I believe the same is true of deleted posts and emails too. I could stand corrected on this, but I it is my understanding. Obviously, you can't just get them back on the phone itself without going through the carrier.

Being a manager for 10 yrs in Telecommunications in both wired and wireless..... I can say this.

If CW gets a subpoena All ingoing and outgoing CALLS can be retrieved...stamped with time, length, and number dialed out or calling in number

If CW gets a suboena text msg info can be retrieved for a certain length of time (normally 6 months to a year depending on the carrier) the info they can give for sure is date of text, time of text, number text out, and number texting in

WHAT CAN BUT NOT ALWAYS CAN BE RETRIEVED (again this depends on the carrier) is the body of the text. However this is only available for a short time period due to the servers required to store that amount of information. Imagine all the text people send. So IF and ONLY IF the carrier stores the information at all....time is of the essence. If CW has not already subpoenaed this info from BWs cell she needs to immediately and LE needs to get the info for DH RSW and DK. Because the date and timestamps are useful but the body of the text would be soooooo much more useful!!

They changed the height on BW's missing poster. It now says she is 5'1" instead of 5'3".

Being a manager for 10 yrs in Telecommunications in both wired and wireless..... I can say this.

If CW gets a subpoena All ingoing and outgoing CALLS can be retrieved...stamped with time, length, and number dialed out or calling in number

If CW gets a suboena text msg info can be retrieved for a certain length of time (normally 6 months to a year depending on the carrier) the info they can give for sure is date of text, time of text, number text out, and number texting in

WHAT CAN BUT NOT ALWAYS CAN BE RETRIEVED (again this depends on the carrier) is the body of the text. However this is only available for a short time period due to the servers required to store that amount of information. Imagine all the text people send. So IF and ONLY IF the carrier stores the information at all....time is of the essence. If CW has not already subpoenaed this info from BWs cell she needs to immediately and LE needs to get the info for DH RSW and DK. Because the date and timestamps are useful but the body of the text would be soooooo much more useful!!

Does CW have an attorney or legal help? I am afraid it might be difficult for CW to get a subpoena. Maybe that is why the family doesn't have a lot of info.

100% amen everything you wrote but double 100% for that ^. Baldwin County has an excellent child advocacy program in place. I have complete faith in their interviewing skills. The victim would have been interviewed by a professional & experienced child advocate before any arrests. If Baldwin Co. LE says a "horrific" crime has occurred then I believe them with no reservations whatsoever.

I do not for one minute believe that the victim is lying. I believe that the victim told law enforcement the truth. If the victim only named one assailant, then it is entirely possible that that person (the assailant) may be lying. According to law enforcement, they needed the assailant to tell them who the other person was. If they had evidence against both people via statements given by the victim, why did they need the confession at all?

The person that confessed did so to save their own skin, not because that person felt remorse for the crime that they committed. They were likely promised something as a reward for cooperating with the investigation (probably lighter sentencing recommendations from the DA). If the second assailant was DH (or he was involved in some way), then there was very little chance that any kind of a deal would've been honored. Given DH's penchant for photography, I can easily imagine that the horror of this crime may be in photographs that were distributed among other perverts, probably for money.

If we assume that the named assailant was DK, then he is in fact the one that accused RSW, not the victim. So, that is where I have the ambivalence about the charges. If the victim named RSW, then my opinion will change.

As far as BW is concerned, I don't believe that these charges have anything to do with her disappearance. I do believe that people are not telling law enforcement the full truth because they have their own agendas. I believe that there are some family members that are withholding information about BW and that it is likely that some of her social group are also withholding information.

Does CW have an attorney or legal help? I am afraid it might be difficult for CW to get a subpoena. Maybe that is why the family doesn't have a lot of info.[/QUOTEh

I dont know if she has legal help or not. I feel so bad for her and then today with all thats going on she posted having to get a ride because her car is in the shop :(......I sure hope if they dont have legal help that someone is putting together a place for donations for legal assistance, a reward, and aide in the search for her!

I totally agree but what if meth is involved? I just think that changes a person and it can do so very quickly. I personally have a relative who disappeared for three weeks when he had never been gone for even one night before. He was about the same age as Brittney. He lived within a few miles of her. We still don't know exactly where he had been during those weeks. He never told the full story but we know he left with no money, no clothes, nothing. He left and he came back. This was many years ago when we were first beginning to hear of meth in this community (within miles of Tillman's Corner, the same school system). I can't imagine the network that must now exist among the producers, sellers, and users. Well, yes I can imagine. My point is that she may not be caring right now or she may not have cared when she "left". She may come out of it and not even know where she is!

Bless her heart. I know I speculate too much but with meth AND potential molesters involved there is just nothing that would shock me.

Drug abuse of any kind can radically change a person's behavior, but I think that it is so much worse with some drugs, meth being one of them. In my opinion, there are some indications that BW was pulling away from the stable people in her life, probably because she felt that she was "under attack".

She changed her cell phone from a family plan phone to a pay as you go model. She lost custody of her daughter. There was a break up with the child's father. Family members were likely becoming more aware of her drug problem and perhaps made her feel pressured to give the drugs up. She lied to CW about where she was going the night that she left.

Taking all of the above into account, I think it is entirely possible that she left that night with the intention of coming back. But, once she left, I think that something may have happened that made her want to avoid going home. If that's true, then she very well could be immersed in the meth world to a point where she isn't fully aware. It is also possible she decided to "hit the road" and hitched a ride with a trucker or someone else. What really worries me is that she may have made dangerous choices because she wasn't fully aware of her surroundings or the level of risk involved.

Who can fax a poster? PM so I can give you the #

Did someone pm you yet? If you cant find anyone...I dont have a fax machine but can get access to one tomorrow. I would need to know which is the most up to date poster as well.

Thanks so much for confirming that. I would add that LE would likely be the ones obtaining warrants/subpoenas for the records and/or messages if available. While not impossible for CW to have done that, in order for her to bet a subpoena power, she would have had to have filed some sort of civil suit herself. While possible, most people don't go that route, particularly if LE can/is doing it already. Additionally, if she filed a civil suit, that would be a public record and others could verify if that was done.

Speaking of public records, I don't see any online viewing for Baldwin County cases. Have any locals attempted to go to the Courthouse to physically view the Court files? I would suspect that the victim information would be sealed but there may be other information such as time frames and locations that can be viewed. While I can go physically view a Court file where I am, for all I know Alabama/Baldwin County doesn't permit the public to view Court files.

I totally agree with you. I am in a different state, but I know investigators for sex crimes are highly trained.

That don't just arrest/charge someone without "facts" and "recorded interviews" that can hold up in court. Can you imagine the lawsuit RSW could bring forth if LE arrested him without proof? I guarantee they have proof.

Yea, they have proof. Most likely an iceberg of it.

I think the problem is with the prosecuting attorney's office.

I just emailed wsverify@xmission.com to request verification. I can barely keep my eyes open. I must get some sleep. I think I might have a couple of small details to add tomorrow.

Giving a shout out to my friend OEJ who has joined us... :great:

Don't be shy, chime in with your thoughts & theories! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members