Found Deceased - Michaela "Mickey" Schunick, 21, 7 August, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO

I'm sure it will be updated. "Body Found" was because the ID had not been made.

Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."

Brettlys status: "the world seems a little dimmer without you here. I love you Mickey Shunick, rest easy knowing we all do."

Poor guy! My ♥ goes out to him! Wish he was my fb friend!!!!

In Honor of Mickey's Memory...(and for all the other Bright & Beautiful Souls out there including all WSers!)[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"]Stacy Westfall Championship Bareback & Bridleless - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKK7AXLOUNo&lr=1"][/ame]

Aussie girl, thanks for bringing that up. I know for a fact that you are not disparaging anyone and certainly not the memory of Micky. But I have had the same question as to why. We should rally around all of our people but some resonate with us more than others. Micky was a beautiful, wholesome girl just minding her own business. She was from an upper middle class family.

Unfortunately, and I'm not pointing fingers here, some of the missing have been involved in activities that put them in harms way. Some, NOT ALL, we expect it from and not really surprised when we hear of it. I think you know what I mean. A life is a life and all should be seen in the same way. We are not perfect in any way but we still hold different values for different people.
Keiosha Marie Felix is still missing and people barely know her name. Smacks of classicism and racism to me.

One day, when we are all healed, we won't have to worry about any of it. I appreciate your comments and concern. That tells me you are a compassionate person. I hope that never changes for you. It is a quality that I admire greatly.

Just MY thoughts on the matter.

BBM - I haven't posted here very much, but have followed along. There is NO rhyme or reason why one case will stick out and another will not. This goes for ALL cases all over the world! A life is a life, buy why a case finds it's was all over the headlines is anyone's guess. Why some of these horrible tragedies touch a nation, is anyone's guess.

What I do know is that, the case you are referencing, and I have not looked at it at all, is not a reflection on Mickey's case. One has nothing to do with the other. Somehow, for some unknown reason, Mickey's case made national news and gripped the nation.

I pray that each and every victim is found. I pray for justice for each and every victim. I hope and pray that everyone, everywhere, will get more involved to help all victim's. It's time to stop this war on women, middle class or lower income, black or white, criminal past or not.

JMO

RIP Mickey! You have touched so many hearts and souls, saved many lives, and I admire you greatly. I'm glad you will be home where you belong, in heaven. May you rest in paradise, and look over your family for eternity.

News has been reporting two weeks. My thinking is that with the outpouring of emotion, and the gap, the family likely will acknowledge the community's effort with a weekend memorial in a city park, possibly next weekend, so that then the decks are clear for them to mourn Mickey privately, as they deserve, when she comes home.

JMO

Parc Sans Soucie was where the candlelight vigil was held on May 22 and Mickey's family was there on the stage. The parc has been offered for use again for a memorial and planning has begun.

IDK, but every time I scroll through the main forum page and see "body found" bolded because of the ongoing posting here, I don't feel right. Maybe the thread heading could say something like "Mickey Shunick-Located Deceased" or something like that...JMO

OMG, thank you for reminding me. I meant to do that earlier.

I'm going to close this thread now. Please continue posting your thoughts and your condolences for Mickey's family in this new thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8248239#post8248239"]Condolences for the Shunick Family - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

New discussion thread here...

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=181423"]New Developments and Discussion, 08/10/2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb