SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone ever hear if the bones discovered from the first search have been identified?

No, but they have quite a lot of information for him. There's a thread here: SC SC - Myrtle Beach, WhtMale Skel UP11933, 35-60, Winged Metal Cross Pendant, Dec'13 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

eta: locals, if you could come over and have a look at his necklace and shorts and maybe tell us whether someplace in the area sells jewelry/clothing like that, it'd be a big help!

Not saying the crimes are related, but what if? I notice that CUE released an age progression of Brittanee Drexel December 2012, when she'd have been 21. This age progression of Brittanee looks similar to Heather IMO. I'm not saying all of their pics look similar, but the age progression does to me.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/20262052/age-progression-photos-release-of-brittanee-drexel

Brittanee Drexel age progression:
35mp3md.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/heather-elvis-missing_n_4550195.html

Heather Elvis:
2py1f6o.jpg

In Charleston the Charleston Police Department has jursidiction over the city and the Sheriff's department over the county. Since the city is part of the county, the Sheriff's department has jurisdiction over the county and city, but the city police only have jurisdiction over the city. So the Sheriff's department can be called in and handle a case in the city, but the city cannot handle a case in the county.

Does anyone know what the difference is between the Horry County Sheriff's Office and the Horry County Police Department? Is it like the difference between a state trooper and a municipal cop? Does it have to do with jurisdiction? Or is it the types of crime that comes across their tables?

J*G I don't know if this helps, but I found this on the HCPD FAQ page:
(Snip)
"HCPD has jurisdiction in the unincorporated areas of Myrtle Beach and Horry County."

Via http://police.horrycounty.org/Contact/Links/FAQs.aspx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I'm new to the forums. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to share. I've been following the HE case almost from the beginning, and found my way here & have been reading through the many, MANY posts. So many of you have great input & great ideas. After reading for days on end, I'd like to chime in and see if any of my thoughts/opinions might be feasible:

It doesn't sound like there's been any evidence of a struggle mentioned, which could mean either a) the perpetrator(s) is/are very good at erasing any traces of their deeds, or b) there just was no struggle because HE left on her own.

With what little has been put out there by MSM & LE, my line of thinking, and again, IMHO, I tend to lean more towards HE leaving of her own free will. One reason I could think of for leaving your home at that time of the morning and driving to a landing with boat ramp would be if you were invited for a boat ride to watch the sunrise, especially if you've just come off a wonderful evening, are feeling "excited/giddy" and don't have to work the next day. I won't go into speculation about what could or might have happened from there, IF this is even what might have taken place.

What makes me lean even more towards this being a feasible scenario is the fact that HE obviously knew someone with a pontoon boat, as evidenced by the pictures posted on her SM accounts, as well as there being a request made by LE for any possible information about that boat trailer with no lights.

Again, this is all just MO, but I had to put it out there. If ANY of this post is out of line/against the rules, please let me know. I did read them, but if I've accidentally broken them, I will re-read them & ask questions before I post any further. It's not my intention to break any of the rules here.

Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. :seeya:

:Welcome: EyeForDetail ! :welcome: to WS :goodpost:

Found it - hat tip PeterThomasFan for originally finding it on her twitter! She tied a cherry stem, not had a shake or food lol. It was posted June 8th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/343470621495271424/photo/1?screen_name=HeatherElvis

Cropped the key portion:
v6hnx5.jpg

Taken from this full picture:
4l4x0k.jpg

The black item hanging on the keychain looks to be one of those little rubber change purses that has the slit across the front & you squeeze to open. Just big enough to carry some money & eliminate the need for a purse if you carry your license in your pants/jeans pocket. I saw in an earlier post (forgive me, I couldn't find the post to quote it here) that it could be one of those keychain floatation things. I don't recall ever seeing one of those foam floaters in black. I've only seen bright or neon colors (possibly for visibility in water reasons?) I don't disagree that it could be a key-floater, it just looks more like a change purse IMO. Any thoughts?

The black thing on her keys looks like a flip flop....the key chain goes through the thong that goes between your toes....and, not a regular size flip flop....one meant for a key chain or I've seen them as air fresheners to hang from your rear view mirror....

Myrtle Beach and Horry county, although very busy as a resort, their LE is really small townish. There major duty is keeping the vacationers from getting too rowdy. One of the problems here is there are so many people just passing thru, I-95 is very close by.
I've been there hundreds of times, and even as a teen, couldn't believe how my friends would just meet someone, and end up in their car or hotel room. But I'm the overly cautious type, which is probably why I'm on this site anyway.
That would not be the scenero with Heather I'm sure, since she lives there. But my opinion is also that there is a person or a group who is responsible for the missing girls. I live about 4 hours away, and there really hasn't been a lot of coverage on the news or in the paper. I'm thinking they don't want to scare away visitors.
I don't think Gov Haley should be bashed, because we really don't know if she is involved in this or not, and I'm sure if she spoke out too much, she would be getting bashed from the other side, saying she is scaring off tourists.

Not saying the crimes are related, but what if? I notice that CUE released an age progression of Brittanee Drexel December 2012, when she'd have been 21. This age progression of Brittanee looks similar to Heather IMO. I'm not saying all of their pics look similar, but the age progression does to me.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/20262052/age-progression-photos-release-of-brittanee-drexel

Brittanee Drexel age progression:
35mp3md.jpg

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/06/heather-elvis-missing_n_4550195.html

Heather Elvis:
2py1f6o.jpg

Are my eyes not seeing right or is that some sort of mark around her throat? I don't think it is a shadow or a string necklace, but looks like a dark mark around the throat.

Found it - hat tip PeterThomasFan for originally finding it on her twitter! She tied a cherry stem, not had a shake or food lol. It was posted June 8th.

https://mobile.twitter.com/HeatherElvis/status/343470621495271424/photo/1?screen_name=HeatherElvis

Cropped the key portion:
v6hnx5.jpg

Taken from this full picture:
4l4x0k.jpg

I have a ton of them on my key ring & the one it most resembles to those I have (American eagle, lowes, cvs, goodwill, food lion, rite aid, hallmark, Tuesday morning, lowes foods, Kroger, auto zone) is horry county memorial library & it's located in Socastee.

Here's a pic of mine:
http://i946.photobucket.com/albums/...F-AA82-443E-B458-81C2C07ED8B7_zpssnwiyodn.jpg

Usually sheriff is county
Police is city
Hth

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk now Free

Most counties thru out the US don't have their own police dept., so for counties that don't have one... the sheriffs office serves as the county's pd. Horry is just one that is so large it has it's own dept. from what I understand. I was confused about this too & looked it up a week or two ago.

Are my eyes not seeing right or is that some sort of mark around her throat? I don't think it is a shadow or a string necklace, but looks like a dark mark around the throat.

I think it's just some loose hair. This picture appears to be taken at the beach, and the rest of her hair looks a little windblown, so my guess is that it's just some hair the wind blew around her neck.

:bump:
25KHeatherBW-1_zps6ce27413.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/findheatherelvis

http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=985850

Police investigating disappearance of Socastee woman

Horry County police are searching for Heather Elvis, 20, of Socastee after she was reported missing Thursday night by her father, according to Lt. Robert Kegler with Horry County police.

Kegler said Elvis was last seen at her parents house on Tuesday night and the last time her cell phone pinged was Wednesday morning at 3 a.m.

If you have any information about her whereabouts you are asked to call the Horry County Police Department: (843) 915-5350.

Horry County Police Dept.

Media Thread

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Verified members on Heather's case
Creek-Ratz - verified insider
helpseeker - verified insider
LadyHawkke - verified insider

Find Heather Elvis Facebook

Missing in Myrtle Beach: 'Every time we turn around, there is another case'
BY JEFFREY COLLINS
The Associated PressJanuary 12, 2014

http://www.thestate.com/2014/01/12/3203903/every-time-we-turn-around-there.html

1mNaV.AuSt.74.jpeg

Aimee Palmer looks beneath the pine needles and fallen limbs for a clue in the search for Heather Elvis in the woods off Tidewater Road in Myrtle Beach, S.C. Monica Caison and workers and volunteers for her CUE Center for Missing Persons have spent weeks looking for Elvis, who disappeared days before Christmas. Elvis is just one of nearly a half-dozen young people who vanished with barely a trace around Myrtle Beach in the past few years.
JANET BLACKMON MORGAN — AP

"HORRY COUNTY, SC — The leader of a North Carolina group that searches for missing people says she is spending too much time in Horry County these days."

Hello. I'm new to the forums. Thank you for accepting me and allowing me to share. I've been following the HE case almost from the beginning, and found my way here & have been reading through the many, MANY posts. So many of you have great input & great ideas. After reading for days on end, I'd like to chime in and see if any of my thoughts/opinions might be feasible:

It doesn't sound like there's been any evidence of a struggle mentioned, which could mean either a) the perpetrator(s) is/are very good at erasing any traces of their deeds, or b) there just was no struggle because HE left on her own.

With what little has been put out there by MSM & LE, my line of thinking, and again, IMHO, I tend to lean more towards HE leaving of her own free will. One reason I could think of for leaving your home at that time of the morning and driving to a landing with boat ramp would be if you were invited for a boat ride to watch the sunrise, especially if you've just come off a wonderful evening, are feeling "excited/giddy" and don't have to work the next day. I won't go into speculation about what could or might have happened from there, IF this is even what might have taken place.

What makes me lean even more towards this being a feasible scenario is the fact that HE obviously knew someone with a pontoon boat, as evidenced by the pictures posted on her SM accounts, as well as there being a request made by LE for any possible information about that boat trailer with no lights.

Again, this is all just MO, but I had to put it out there. If ANY of this post is out of line/against the rules, please let me know. I did read them, but if I've accidentally broken them, I will re-read them & ask questions before I post any further. It's not my intention to break any of the rules here.

Again, thank you for allowing me to be a part of this group. :seeya:

WELCOME!!!
no struggle, could of gone willingly, or mace? hit unconscience? #1 question who did she call or text 3:41am.....#2 why did she go to PTL? I realize that time of night doesn't count really because if you get off work at 2 am then that is like evening for us that get off at 3pm..........

The black item hanging on the keychain looks to be one of those little rubber change purses that has the slit across the front & you squeeze to open. Just big enough to carry some money & eliminate the need for a purse if you carry your license in your pants/jeans pocket. I saw in an earlier post (forgive me, I couldn't find the post to quote it here) that it could be one of those keychain floatation things. I don't recall ever seeing one of those foam floaters in black. I've only seen bright or neon colors (possibly for visibility in water reasons?) I don't disagree that it could be a key-floater, it just looks more like a change purse IMO. Any thoughts?

The black hanging thing looks like they could be dogs tags with the black plastic around the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The black thing on her keys looks like a flip flop....the key chain goes through the thong that goes between your toes....and, not a regular size flip flop....one meant for a key chain or I've seen them as air fresheners to hang from your rear view mirror....

Could it be a key fob?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members