An arrest has been made!

I have listeniing to HLN for the past couple of hours and I caught 2 things .....

1. They reported that the Pastor was "retired". (I never heard that)

2. They reported that LE said that when MH was being questioned she was acting like any other innocent person willing to help at first, etc.....but then after awhile MH started acting wierd & nervous. They said that at THAT time and until they were done she knew the gig was up. (not exact words)

I was thinking maybe she did confess to at least kidnapping & killing Sandra....I still think something else happened.

No link to HNL yet.....but they repeat it every 1-2 hours.

I think the kidnapping charge would indicate that there was some sort of confession/detailed information provided by either MH herself or someone closely associated with her. I realize we might be missing a lot of information, but nothing published, video or otherwise, would lead us to suspect kidnapping was involved. Kidnapping is not an inherent charge to murder, correct?

I can't believe that this was an accident, because just like Caylee, if it was an accident why not to confess to it when the poopy hits the fan? The idea that a murder charge is preferable to a heartfelt, tear-sodden "I didn't mean to run her over/leave the pool gate open/confuse the antifreeze with Koolaid" is just unfathomable. Maybe if evidence comes out that MH tied poor Sandra up before accidentally backing over her in a SUV, I'll change my tune.

I like to give people the benefit of the doubt, but in this case an accident theory would seem farfetched. She told them something about the crime that led them to the kidnapping charge.

Could it be possible that Sandra was alive in that suitcase when she was loaded in the car and suffocated before MH's true intentions could be revealed? Whether it be sexual in nature, or whatever else. I hate to think she was drowned alive like a callous person does to a puppy, but the "waterproof" nature of the suitcase really scares me. Non-breathable fabric. A lined, sealed suitcase dropped in a pond.

Still doesn't speak to motive, though.

All I can say is why does a young woman like that have a $200 suitcase? Clearly she had the money for it.
Yes, and it squelches the assertion that she was putting it in a rummage sale. I have never even SEEN a $200. suitcase.

All I can say is why does a young woman like that have a $200 suitcase? Clearly she had the money for it.

IMO, she probably stole it, or picked it up at Ross or TJ Maxx for 69.95.

I really want to know more about the drugging of the 7 year old. Has anyone heard anything more on that yet?

...2. They reported that LE said that when MH was being questioned she was acting like any other innocent person willing to help at first, etc.....but then after awhile MH started acting wierd & nervous. They said that at THAT time and until they were done she knew the gig was up....

Unlike someone else we know (KCA), who never seemed to realize that the gig was up for her a long time ago! :rolleyes:

Since there is no new info yet from the time of this thread starting I jumped in now. Please forgive me if some of this has already been said.

Just looking at the pictures of her she looks like a psychotic biotch.

WTF is this all about? LINK

The Tracy Press also reported that Huckaby was released Thursday from Sutter Tracy Community Hospital, where she spent several days in the intensive care unit for what she described as "internal bleeding." :waitasec:

Does that have anything to do with the case? I can't wait til we find out a lot more about this.

Huckaby previously told The Tracy Press that Sandra visited her home March 27, the day she disappeared. Huckaby also said she had left her suitcase in the driveway that day, and that it was missing.

Damn! If I had a nickel for every time I put a suitcase in the driveway, I wouldn't have any money. Did she really expect anyone to believe this :censored:

I think LE was waiting for her to come out of the hospital before questioning her. I wonder how soon after the body was found it took them to want her questioned.

This is exactly what I was thinking--her arrest info states she is 5 ft 3 in and 125 lbs---how in the world could she move it? Unless, as someone else mentioned in another post, maybe that is what caused the internal bleeding that lead to the hospital stay.

really? it was reported that Sandra weighed only 45 lbs. the suitcase, maybe what maybe 20, and that is even a high estimate. i don't think she would have any problem at all. IMO of course... :)

My reaction was exactly the same way of that poster regarding "a woman" kidnapping and murdering a little girl ! And the woman new her & had access to her.

Of course everyone knows ""women are capable of stuff like this"" ....but I dont think alot of people suspected a woman of commiting this crime. Alot of folks were focused on the males, not females for most of the time since Sandra went "missing".

I think you missed the concept of the post....and your post came off kinda rude. jmo

Again I would like to apologize if that came off rude. But I spent hours on the Melissa thread last night and was convinced that she was involved. Then when I read about the arrest this morning, It didnt really come as a surprise at all to me that she was arrested.

I really want to know more about the drugging of the 7 year old. Has anyone heard anything more on that yet?

I heard a reporter ask the Sgt/Chief (?) yesterday at the PC. He responded by saying he had "no knowledge" of any child ever being drugged and especially not in that mobile home park.

i wonder if it's possible that she has an Andrea Yates mentality and thought the girl was "evil" or something like that? i am really curious as to the WHY....as i'm sure everyone else here is! not that any reason could possibly make sense!

IMO, she probably stole it, or picked it up at Ross or TJ Maxx for 69.95.

LOL, that first was what I first thought, too! On another thread, someone posted a picture of similar-looking Eddie Bauer luggage; the whole set--several pieces--was going for $99.95.

really? it was reported that Sandra weighed only 45 lbs. the suitcase, maybe what maybe 20, and that is even a high estimate. i don't think she would have any problem at all. IMO of course... :)

I guess so--I'm 5 ft 9 so that just seems so small to me--but I guess I did not figure in adrenaline either.

I heard a reporter ask the Sgt/Chief (?) yesterday at the PC. He responded by saying he had "no knowledge" of any child ever being drugged and especially not in that mobile home park.

How odd. Now why would she deny theft charges, but admit to or make up a story about a drugged 7 year old?

ETA: Sheneman admited this morning that he said alot of things because he didn't want to give away the investigation, paraphraising.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/ful...idget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open

Sandra had come over earlier and asked to play with her 5-year-old daughter, Huckaby said.

Does LE have surveillance video of Sandra making two trips to the Lawless home?

But Huckaby didn’t want her daughter to play because she had to pick up her toys.
So Sandra left for another friend’s house.

Does LE have surveillance video of Sandra going back and forth?

Eighteen seconds of surveillance footage that shows Sandra playfully skipping by her family’s home show her on her way back to Huckaby’s home after leaving that other friend’s house, Huckaby said.

After Sandra left, her oldest sister Miranda went to Huckaby’s house, too. Huckaby asked Miranda if she could watch her daughter for her while she went down the street to the church. Connie Lawless was home, too.

Does LE have surveillance video of Miranda going to the Lawless home?
If Connie was home, why did Miranda need to babysit?

Huckaby then set the packed suitcase on the driveway by her dark purple Kia SUV — the same one FBI agents and Tracy police detectives towed and searched Tuesday night. But she forgot her cell phone and keys inside the house, so she went back in for about 15 minutes to find them. She couldn’t, so she picked up the spare key and left.

She forgot about the suitcase and left it on the driveway.
Never happened.

When she got to the church, Huckaby’s grandmother called and said she found her keys and cell phone. Huckaby said that’s when she realized she had left the $200 suitcase outside. When her family went out to get it, they said it was gone.

Did the grandmother really call the church?

“So I talked to the assistant manager at the mobile home park and asked him to keep an eye out for this suitcase, someone took it,” Huckaby said. “I also told some older kids to look out for it. I didn’t think much then because, you know, kids were getting out of school and I thought that maybe someone, maybe someone walking by just took it.”

Can the manager confirm that Melissa spoke to the about the suitcase?

She called Tracy police intending to file a report, but decided to do it online. She never got around to it.

Never happened JMHO

And my biggest question yet…How did Fred Williams know so much about that suitcase? He knew it was left and stolen, knew she was taking it to the church.

http://www.ksbw.com/news/19127557/detail.html

Meanwhile, church member Fred Williams said he believes his church and Lawless are being wrongfully targeted.
"There's not one member there that would have anything to do with anything like that kind of situation," Williams said. "More people should come to church and hang out with him because they would find out what a fun-loving kind of guy that he is."
Williams said that the mysterious black suitcase Cantu was found in was reported stolen the same day Cantu disappeared. However, Sheneman said police received no report of any stolen luggage.

Sick sick sick...and her last myspace login on 4/3 her mood was "crazy" and her satus was "high on life! lol" Just plain evil.

She also attempted to steal something from Target in November. My brother is a drug addict, that's what he does to support his habit.

What the hell is this with Target and Women who kill? :waitasec:

wow. i am totally crazed at this arrest! last night i was even here trying to suss out her stories because i just could not wrap my head around the fact that she might have done this! i hope that we are able to get some more information soon, but they have been pretty tight lipped in this case so far and we MAY not see too much until around trial time. i really hope that there are no further arrests in relation to her being a lure for something sinister as some here have suggested. that would be too much to bear. i wonder why? could she be a sexual predator in her own right? it's not impossible. i just, man i just don't know what to say! love to the Tracy PD and all of those working on this case...poor Sheneman with his alarm from the day before going off at three something am at the presser. i'm sure there are dozens of people who have worked tirelessly to ensure that Sandra would get her justice. the media did a great job on this case as well.

If she was used in child *advertiser censored* ring I hope there are hundreds of arrests! :furious::furious:

But wasn't Sandra found fully clothed? The seized mattress anticipates bad news.

How odd. Now why would she deny theft charges, but admit to or make up a story about a drugged 7 year old?

ETA: Sheneman admited this morning that he said alot of things because he didn't want to give away the investigation, paraphraising.
did she talk about the drugging of? the video cut off on me after the explanation of taking the girl to the park and then it cut off....TYIA

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckierPresents
Back