CT CT - Billy Smolinski, 31, Waterbury, 24 Aug 2004

Is anyone here in contact with the family? I would like to know if the use of Ground Penetrating radar would be of any use to them. GPR is used on golf courses, concrete, and other surfaces to look for disturbances in the ground. I would think it would work great to look in that field for the barrel, or in the floors and driveways of the new houses that were built. If so, could you PM me.

Do you have access to it? there may be a search in the next several weeks and I talk occasionally with the Smolinski's PI...click on the link to my email via my siggy and we can talk. :)

See article below. Anyone with info can contact the family’s private investigator, Todd C. Lovejoy, at 203-509-5481. Even if you think something you know might be nothing, please call because it might end up being everything and bring Billy home to his family.

Family to search Valley for missing man
Published: Saturday, July 10, 2010
By Lauren Garrison, Register Staff
lgarrison@newhavenregister.com

The family of Waterbury resident William Smolinski Jr., who disappeared nearly six years ago, will be circulating fliers today in several Valley towns in hopes of renewing discussion on the case and bringing in new information, Smolinski’s mother said Friday.

Janice Smolinski of Cheshire said a volunteer group also will have three certified cadaver dogs search locations of interest in the Valley this morning.

“We’re trying to get households to realize that Billy is missing. It’s hard to get the information out. Maybe if they take a flier into their home, there may be somebody talking about the case,” said Janice Smolinski.

“We knew there are people out there who have information. Maybe with talking, they’ll be able to give us that one final piece we need to find out where Billy is actually buried and bring him home.”

Continue reading here...

http://www.ctpost.com/local/article/Searchers-look-again-for-body-of-Billy-Smolinski-572320.php

Keila Torres, Staff Writer
Published: 10:48 p.m., Saturday, July 10, 2010

SEYMOUR -- A search and rescue team spent two hours Saturday morning searching undisclosed locations in town for William Smolinski Jr., a Waterbury man last seen alive in 2004.

During the search a K-9 dog with the Farmington Fire Department, discovered a sweatshirt, considered possible evidence in the case of Smolinski's disappearance nearly six years ago -- or 2,146 days as noted on the justice4billy.com website established by Smolinski's parents.

New clues sought in missing Smolinski case

Those trying to get the word out about a missing Waterbury man were back at it.

31-year-old Billy Smolinski disappeared on Aug. 24, 2004 after asking a neighbor to feed his dog. In a new search for clues, fliers were handed out over the weekend in Seymour in new hopes of finding him.

On a "Investigation Discovery's Disappeared" documentary about the then 31-year-old Smolinski that aired in February of this year gave the family to a number of new leads, which led to a new search Saturday in Seymour and Shelton with a volunteer K-9 scent-sniffing cadaver dog team.

[snip]

Saturday's search turned up a black sweatshirt that could be six years old and could be Billy's. It was bagged for tests.

More: http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/new-clues-sought-in-missing-smolinski-case

Just saw Billy's episode of Disappeared. After watching the Chris Jenkin's story on 48 Hours last night, I am struck by how little help families of missing adult men get from LE. It's terrible and shocking that so many young women end up missing and murdered, but their cases are more often featured on TV, especially cable, and LE isn't as likely to just write them off as drunks or suicides (although the Maura Murray case would be an exception to that).

Bless this family's search for Billy and may they find answers and justice.

Billy's case is on 'Disappeared' on the Investigation Discovery channel - it's showing right now.

billy-smolinski-missing-reward-60K.jpg

Missing Man's Family Speaks At Capital

Billy Smolinski Missing, Presumed Dead

POSTED: 4:12 pm EST February 15, 2011

HARTFORD, Conn. -- An effort to take even greater steps in adult missing persons cases is under way at the state Capitol.

Leading the charge were the parents of a Waterbury man presumed dead, and not seen in almost seven years. The parents of Billy Smolinski waited all day to speak, but before their testimony, they heard arguments both for and against more missing persons provisions becoming law in Connecticut.

http://www.wfsb.com/news/26876411/detail.html

Mother makes son's disappearance a federal case

When Janice Smolinski first told the police that her son was missing, they dismissed it as a voluntary runaway case.

After all, Billy Smolinski was a 31-year-old man living in Waterbury, a 6-foot-tall tow-truck driver who owned a small house and German shepherd. The local police didn't think there was anything suspicious about his August 2004 disappearance.

For Smolinski, that was the first of many walls she hit in a years-long search for her son--an effort that has now stretched to Washington, as she and her husband, Bill Smolinski, push for federal legislation to beef up the way law enforcement officials handle missing-persons cases.

Much more: http://www.ctmirror.org/story/12093/missingpersonsbill

I've at various times poured over everything I can think of to, or have access to, pour over. This case is so frustrating. He has to be somewhere. I just wish that so many of the people who might have known something or might have learned something were still alive.

Smolinskis Sued By Suspect In Son's Disappearance

Insane.

That’s the word that best describes the seven-year investigation into the murder of Billy Smolinski, a case that includes a love triangle, a grave digger, a politician, a long distance trucking company, a suicide, a drug overdose, the mob, two bodies floating in Long Island Sound, a billionaire, and enough police blunders to film a new Keystone Kop movie.

[snip]

But just when it appears impossible for the story get any more bizarre, it has. This Tuesday, November 29th, the Smolinski family is being dragged into New Haven Superior Court to face an outrageous lawsuit filed by Billy’s ex-girlfriend, Madeline Gleason, whose son is alleged to have strangled Billy in her apartment on August 24th, 2004.

Gleason, who is represented by high-powered attorney, John Williams, is asking for $115,000 in damages from Billy’s mother, Janice Smolinski, and his sister, Paula Bell.

More: http://waterburyobserver.org/node/645

The Smolinski Trial

Sdrawkcab.

That’s how you spell backwards, backward.

And that might be the best way to describe the civil trial of Madeline Gleason versus Janice Smolinski and Paula Bell taking place in New Haven Superior Court. It is so backwards, it is insane.

[snip]

Cohen testified he had talked with Bill and Jan Smolinski and asked them to stop hanging posters on poles around his business. Cohen said the Smolinskis told him they didn’t think Madeline had killed Billy, but she knew what happened, and they wouldn’t stop hanging posters until the mystery was solved.

[snip]

Melissa DePallo, Madeline’s best friend, testified in court that the Smolinskis had harassed Madeline by hanging the flyers which made Gleason emotionally distraught. DePallo said Gleason cried a lot and was very emotional about seeing her name on television. DePallo said Gleason was living with her at the time of Billy’s disappearance at 4 Brothers Court in Seymour.

Another Gleason friend, and poster ripper, Fran Vrabel, testified minutes later that Gleason was living with her in Ansonia when Billy disappeared. The significance of the conflicting accounts of where Madeline Gleason lived is that law enforcement has developed leads that point to Billy Smolinski being strangled by Shaun Karpiuk (Madeline’s son), inside Madeline’s apartment. Where she lived is a possible murder scene.

[snip]

As Janice Smolinski sat and listened to Gleason’s testimony she said her whole body started to shake and her heart began pounding out of control. In physical crisis, and about to pass out, Janice shouted out, “Stop it, that’s my son you’re talking about, my son......” and she collapsed into tears. In the back of the courtroom, Bill Smolinski, who had re-entered the proceedings, leapt to his feet and shouted, “You’re lying”, and pointed directly at Madeline Gleason. “Enough,” he yelled, and then he stormed back out of the courtroom.

Much, much more: http://waterburyobserver.org/node/661

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back