Is Lisa's case going to end up a cold case?

I think the reason why so many active forums go quiet is because there's no developments in the case, and people move on to other cases saying if there's a break, they'll return. The problem is that the months go by, and nothing is happening in the case, therefore the forum is at a stall. And once a forum is only getting 1-2 posts a day, or a week, or a month; it's hard to it get it going again unless there's an arrest or the victim's body is found. It may sound weird, but I think that each forum has a different environment to it, and many forums seem to have that sluggish, tick...tock...tick...tock feeling to them that I think might discourage discussion sometimes. If you enter a building, but found out it's abandoned, you want to leave.

Maybe one of the cat herders should just cut to the chase and say which one.

I am sorry if I posted a link that is not considered MSM. I originally thought the story was in a KC newspaper. Sorry, guys & gals!

When I look at all of the cases that have forums on WS, I really think they are going to remain unsolved. I know that Skyla and Taylor's murderer was just arrested, but I am not optimistic that we will see the same in Lisa's case, JonBenet's case, Kyron's case, Haleigh's case, Hailey's case, Lindsay's case, etc.

Also notice how all of the cases mentioned above, with the exception of JBR, happened in the last 3 years. Well I was looking at the archived forums, which were archived mostly between 2005-2008, so those are like the "old" generation of cases, while the cases we have now are the "new" generation. But the thing that stood out was all of the cases that had been archived, with the exception of two of them, had been resolved. But at this point, I have a hard time seeing any of our unsolved cases (that have a forum) going through a trial, and eventually being archived.

In case anyone is wondering, the archived cases included Laci Peterson, Lori Hacking, Samantha Runnion, Kelsey Smith, Harvey family, Jessie Davis, Joseph Duncan, and Neil Entwistle. All cases where the killer is now in jail. Did WS wait to give a case a forum until it looked like it would be resolved back then? It's just interesting to me that all of the big cases from mid-2000's are solved, while many of the most-talked about cases on here right now look like they are headed to the cold case file.

It's already cold, and will only get colder as the weeks and months go by. I've been into these cases long enough to know. When Morgan Harrington's remains were found in North Garden, Virginia, on the Anchorage Farm, at about the 6 month point after Gil and Dan Harrington did their interview, said that so much evidence was found in the field with Morgan's body, we were asked for our opinions about whether the case was growing cold. Many people thought the case was sizzling hot. My opinion was that it was ice cold. Now, this many years later, nothing coming from LE, and it's as cold as ice.

I went through a few pages of cases, where the victim was found murdered, on the Located forum, to see how long it took until an arrest (if any):

Arrest within 2 weeks of victim being reported missing
Jorelys Rodriguez: 5 days until arrest
Lauren Giddings: 9 days until arrest
Skyler Kauffman: 2 days until arrest
Tyler Dasher: 1 day until arrest
Yashanee Laface Vaughn: 12 days until arrest
Lauren Ackerson: 7 days until arrest
Sian O'Callaghan: 5 days until arrest
Mariha Trenice Smith: 13 days until arrest
Breann Rodriguez: 7 days until arrest

Unsolved
Celina Cass: unsolved for 4 months so far
Sonia Varaschin: unsolved for 15 months so far
Morgan Harrington: unsolved for 2+ years so far
Sylar Newton: unsolved for 15 months so far
Phylicia Barnes: unsolved for almost a year
Kera Freeland: unsolved for 7 months
Lachlan Cranswick: unsolved for 10 months
Kelly Catalano: unsolved for 10 months

1 month or longer until arrest
Michelle Le: 3 months until arrest
Alexis Rasmussen: 2 months until arrest
Kenia Monge: 4 months until arrest
Mackenzie Cowell: 7 months until arrest

I know that Lisa hasn't been found, and this isn't scientific research, but it does seem like if an arrest isn't make relatively quickly in a case, it's going to go unsolved.

Sometimes, I wonder if a case getting its own forum is a bad omen. It seems like if a case gets its own forum, it's because it's expected to have continuous interest, and that's more true of unsolved cases than cases that are waiting to go to trial.

:tyou: wow, eileen ... great list !

I hope this case does NOT go cold and Baby Lisa is found SOON ...

:seeya:

This is no longer the hot case featured on the home page... :-(

This is no longer the hot case featured on the home page... :-(

I believe the "hot cases" are switched on a regular basis. If Lisa's forum was just as active now as it was in October, and we were still having daily developments, I don't think it would still be the "hot case".

As long as they get leads and the parents or relatives keep the case alive it should stay active. When you have no money and no leads then the case becomes cold.

Cold case refers to a scene of a crime or an accident that has not yet been solved to the full and is not the subject of a recent [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_procedure"]Criminal procedure - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame], but for which new information could emerge from new witness testimony, re-examined archives, retained material evidence, as well as fresh activities of the suspect (e.g. repeated deaths of wives of a suspect, who marries a lady and then does away with her for insurance gain). New technical methods developed after the case can be used on the surviving evidence to re-analyze the causes, often with conclusive results.

It's already over. Congratulations Deborah, in my opinion you pulled it off. It's mommy time.

It's already over. Congratulations Deborah, in my opinion you pulled it off. It's mommy time.

It sure looks that way. :( Do you think Deborah sleeps soundly at night or does she toss and turn worrying about whether LE is going to arrest her?

Hide a body welll enough and have a Defense Attorney or two, the case goes cold. LE needs to have interrogated them in the first week. Once the d#%n attorneys enter the picture, the case will most likely go unsolved. There is one thing that keeps my hope alive and that is the fact that Kansas City is a large city. Many unsolved are from rural areas. The LE there just might crack it. They need the body or the phones...both are so small that much luck is wanted.

There have been over a thousand tips and not one viable lead. There is a large reward also...no bites. The answers all lie within the Lister home.

I wish there could be something done about this as it is happening more and more. When children are killed or missing, the parents shouldn't be able to hide and not speak to LE.

I don't want to hear about the constitution (blah, blah, blah). I want these children found and the perp behind bars. :behindbar:

ETA: Before I get chastised, this is my opinion

It sure looks that way. :( Do you think Deborah sleeps soundly at night or does she toss and turn worrying about whether LE is going to arrest her?

With more money now to buy booze, she can drown out her thoughts...

Last month they were grieving and this month "things are getting better". okiedokiethen..

Reminds me of when Billie Dunn said everyday that Hailey wasn't found was a good day for her.....wth is wrong w/people?

With more money now to buy booze, she can drown out her thoughts...

Yep and whatever her anti anxiety meds she's on, No I don't think she loses any sleep.....like u say more money for booze or whatever else she does in her spare time now that Lisa's gone, since we all know the older boys don't occupy all her time like a baby did. She strikes me as someone who really enjoys her adult time and even said it herself!!

New leads in baby Lisa case
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -
"There is new information in the search for baby Lisa Irwin.

The family's local attorney John Picerno said investigators have several new leads and said one is very promising. "

Let's certainly hope so!! :praying:

http://www.kctv5.com/story/16439458...ase?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Thank You for this update ...

JMO ... but I would much rather hear about this new lead and info from LE, and not the "defense attorney" ... The "defense attorney" is going to SPIN this for all it's worth ...

Oh :doh::doh: I forgot ... they have their "clients' interests" to protect ...

JMO but it makes me :furious: the parents have more "rights" than the VICTIM, Lisa ...

MOO ...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back