CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm way out there on this and hopefully already ruled out but... The morning she disappeared she was supposed to meet her male friend to walk with ( I read usually his older brother too). She called to confirm that he would still walk wit her. Why would the dad who ended up taking his son to school (her friend) not drive back the couple of blocks to see where she was? I would have! Not blaming just think it's odd.

Yes, many of us thought that was weird. But apparently, whatever the actual story is, LE hasn't found it suspicious. So I can only assume they have details that we don't that makes it all fit.

JMO

I found this sexual assault in Boulder at the end of July. Doesn't seem terribly similar to anything here but it's in the time frame and suspect #2 is described as having very blue eyes.

http://www.bouldercolorado.gov/inde...ault&catid=805:2012-news-releases&Itemid=5335

Here's a sketch of one of the two suspects: http://kdvr.com/2012/07/29/boulder-police-seek-two-men-in-kidnapping-sex-assault/

Another Boulder attack from last year, with sketch. This guy looks like Art Garfunkel did in the sixties. http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...continue-search-july-2011-sex-assault-suspect

In Colorado Springs over the 4th of July weekend: http://www.gazette.com/articles/police-141914-assault-sketch.html

Pure speculation on my part....but perhaps there was some type of chemical detected on Jessica's remains that would cause LE to think it may be the same chemical that was used in the Memorial Day abduction attempt?? MOO

I don't have much to add, but a few pages back in the old thread there was talk of the release of information from the DMV. I work for the state DMV here in Nebraska and it is a federal law that you cannot release any personal information, ie: name, DOB, SSN, driver's license number, addresses, phone numbers etc without the driver's written permission. It is a strict rule that we follow here, I obviously can't speak for other state's, however, it is made very clear to us that if we release any of that information, we could be immediately terminated.

Anywho, don't know that that piece of information will clear anything up for anyone, but felt like I actually had something that I could really contribute!

Yes, many of us thought that was weird. But apparently, whatever the actual story is, LE hasn't found it suspicious. So I can only assume they have details that we don't that makes it all fit.

Generalization: men don't worry like moms do.

I'm not saying there aren't fathers who are sensitive and think the way the moms out there do and would check such a situation out, but overall fewer men think that way.

It's a tragic mistake, but ultimately she was snatched and spirited away and it was probably already too late at that point. I'm sure this father is kicking himself for not trying to find out why she didn't make it to their meeting spot. Each error compounds to a tragic end. I'm now of the mind that no child (under the age of 13) should be walking anywhere by themselves--it's just too randomly dangerous.

Pure speculation on my part....but perhaps there was some type of chemical detected on Jessica's remains that would cause LE to think it may be the same chemical that was used in the Memorial Day abduction attempt?? MOO

That's exactly what I was wondering. Because it's the only really distinctive thing about that abduction attempt.

That's exactly what I was wondering. Because it's the only really distinctive thing about that abduction attempt.

I guess there could have been some type of chemical remnants on the bp too. If abductor grabbed Jessica using a cloth with chemical she may have dropped her bp and he had to grab it and throw it in the vehicle with her. Even if he had been wearing gloves the chemical could have still transferred to the bp. Again, just pure speculation on my part.

Wow ... still catching up ... but it looks like there's a possible connection to two women jogging on Memorial weekend and in July in 2010, and 17 year old, Kayla Chadwick, that went missing in Fort Morgan on March 27, 2012. I'm curious to see the locations mapped along with the three points we currently have for Jessica. Another thing to keep in mind ... not sure where I learned this ... is that the longer the serial killer gets away with it, the closer to home they commit their crimes.

I keep reading and rereading the rewind post from the scanner thread because it seems so confusing about so many important facts to me.

Every single time I read it I come away believing that Jessica's friend and his father left from their home to take him to school ~ rather than the park. The friend originally states they walked to school together and it is ultimately recanted by the correction of his father. The remaining statements of the father, son and LE indicate that father and son left from their home. LE even says to ask the dad what time he took his son to school; what time they left the house.

Besides, if the father and son were sitting in a vehicle 10 (or so) houses down from Jessica's house why would they drive to the school without first making a 20 second drive down the street first to check on her. As a matter of fact, why would they be that close to her house in a vehicle and choose to "meet" her a few houses down rather than just plain picking her up at her doorstep?

I remain confused and fuzzbumbled!

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8435263&postcount=2171"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Anyone else?

I keep reading and rereading the rewind post from the scanner thread because it seems so confusing about so many important facts to me.

Every single time I read it I come away believing that Jessica's friend and his father left from their home to take him to school ~ rather than the park. The friend originally states they walked to school together and it is ultimately recanted by the correction of his father. The remaining statements of the father, son and LE indicate that father and son left from their home. LE even says to ask the dad what time he took his son to school; what time they left the house.

Besides, if the father and son were sitting in a vehicle 10 (or so) houses down from Jessica's house why would they drive to the school without first making a 20 second drive down the street first to check on her. As a matter of fact, why would they be that close to her house in a vehicle and choose to "meet" her a few houses down rather than just plain picking her up at her doorstep?

Anyone else?

it's bugging me, but so is the fact that she didn't walk to school with the girl from across the street who is the same age. I did my own digging and I think I feel better about why she doesn't walk with her, but I am curious about the across the street neighbor (the dad) - I just keep going back to those males in her life. Not sure why.

If the cases are connected, maybe this is someone who jogs/walks (or leers at people) on trails. There is a trail at Mayfair Park that runs beside Witt Elementary School. Jessica would have crossed the trail just as she and her friends were finishing walking the foot trail on the field that leads to the elementary school. There is also a trail at the Pattridge Open Space but I was not able to determine what type of trail it is.

Anyone else?

I am confused as well... and frustrated. I know we have had some awesome maps posted here, but I would like a list of raw addresses - like "where JR went missing" (not known for sure - how about her home address?), "where the backpack was found" (Andrew Way, close to Alpha Court - but WHICH house??), "where the body was found" (Pattridge Park??? - that sounds sort of big and vague). Thanks in advance - also where is the park that the other abduction attempts were associated?? Ketner Lake Open Space?? I am juggling crazy work schedule with trying to be here on WS's. .. Hope to find time this weekend to map some stuff. Thanks for your help guys...

This was the first thing that came to my mind also. They must have some evidence of a chemical used to subdue Jessica and that is the link as geography alone would not seem enough to go public with this suggestion given how tight lipped they have been on everything else. Especially since the previous cases in 2012 and 2010 are older women. And then, I picked up this weeks copy of Boulder Weekly.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

And if you read through this very interesting article, you get to the speculation that the police will turn their attention to the Memorial Day attempt at Kitner Lake. In fact, the staff even tried to simulate and abduction at Kitner Lake. Why? Because if it's the same perp in 2010 and 2012 HE FAILED with older women and in his frustration would turn to an easier target - a young child.

Further backed up by the assertion as we've discussed here that there are so few incidents of dismemberment of young children by true strangers. So, what came first? LE thinking this way or this article leading them to think this way. Not sure, but at least a plausible reason for linkage. I would note also, that at least this local report effectively asserts dismemberment throughout the article. Likely speculation given "not intact" but also possible that as local media they know something more from someone close to the case.

Also note, this article suggests that the placement of the BP (and ease of discovery) was an intentional diversion from the location of the body -- which is EXACTLY how it worked for several days. The reason is not to keep LE from discovering the body, but so that the creep could safely go back and revisit the body over and over. It's sort of left unsaid, but implied is for re-gratification if you will (as disgusting as that is... but apparently not uncommon for these types of crimes).

It also suggests that placement of the body and BP were at the "edge" of the perps "awareness space". This makes sense if you look at the map and could easily conclude these to be the West and NorthWest boundaries of his area. It certainly suggests local and in fact Westminster very close to where Jessica lived. Kitner Lake is SMALL. It's a local park. There are tons of other areas around there that you would probably choose and much more concealed if you were willing to venture a little farther from home.

I also wanted to note that also this talk about 3 day weekends -- remember that in Colorado Columbus Day is not celebrated as a holiday like on the East Coast. There was school on Columbus Day. Granted, someone could have been visiting from an area where it was celebrated, but I'm thinking this is just much ado about nothing. I do wish I could find the exact date of the July 2010 attempt at Kitner also but I haven't been able to so far.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Anyone else?

Oh, yes. Absolutely confused about this portion of the timeline. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. But, as I said, since LE don't seem bothered by it at all, I can only assume they have additional details that make sense of it all!

JMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm intrigued by the possible use of an anesthetic/chemical in the Memorial Day weekend case (and maybe other cases). The types that come to mind would be chloroform (purchased or homemade) or some medical grade volatile anesthetic (medical or veterinary setting). Someone would have to have easy access to such a thing or make a small amount of effort to buy it (or ingredients). Either way, I'd think there would likely be a trail left behind.....

If this article has already been linked, please accept my apologies. I remember this case like it happened yesterday. Alie Berrelez was kidnapped from her apartment complex while playing outside in 1993. A few days later her remains were found thanks to Yogi the Bloodhound. I never will forget Alie.

Here are a few snippets from the article:

DENVER - The current day search for 10 year old Jessica Ridgeway and her killer, mirrors a local mystery of the past.

Investigators combed property across Englewood in May 1993 looking for five year old Alie Berrelez and her murderer.

~~~SNIP~~~

Over the years, Richard has become an activist. He established a foundation matching search dogs with police departments. He also serves as a listening ear -- providing comfort to other parents who've experience the unthinkable.

~~~SNIP~~~

Yet among the adversity, a sense of optimism. Eighteen years later, Alie's killer was finally identified.

Richard wants the Ridgeway family to hold the same expectation.

"Don't give up hope. It will be solved. It will be solved," he said. The two families have not yet met, but Richard feels when the time is right they will.

~~~SNIP~~~

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/ridgeway-case-brings-up-difficult-memories

JMO, IMO, :moo:, and all other disclaimers.

There has been some speculation that the perp may have recently moved from the neighborhood in Westminster where the abduction occurred to the neighborhood in Superior where the BP was found.

Here is a map of recently sold homes in Superior:

http://www.zillow.com/homes/andrew-...-105.153097,39.929114,-105.176679_rect/15_zm/

There are clearly a number of them. I for one think that is unlikely and simply believe the placement was a diversion away from the body, but for those that want to sort through it....

This was the first thing that came to my mind also. They must have some evidence of a chemical used to subdue Jessica and that is the link as geography alone would not seem enough to go public with this suggestion given how tight lipped they have been on everything else. Especially since the previous cases in 2012 and 2010 are older women. And then, I picked up this weeks copy of Boulder Weekly.

http://www.boulderweekly.com/articl...ss-lsawareness-spacers-may-lead-to-clues.html

And if you read through this very interesting article, you get to the speculation that the police will turn their attention to the Memorial Day attempt at Kitner Lake. In fact, the staff even tried to simulate and abduction at Kitner Lake. Why? Because if it's the same perp in 2010 and 2012 HE FAILED with older women and in his frustration would turn to an easier target - a young child.

Further backed up by the assertion as we've discussed here that there are so few incidents of dismemberment of young children by true strangers. So, what came first? LE thinking this way or this article leading them to think this way. Not sure, but at least a plausible reason for linkage. I would note also, that at least this local report effectively asserts dismemberment throughout the article. Likely speculation given "not intact" but also possible that as local media they know something more from someone close to the case.

Also note, this article suggests that the placement of the BP (and ease of discovery) was an intentional diversion from the location of the body -- which is EXACTLY how it worked for several days. The reason is not to keep LE from discovering the body, but so that the creep could safely go back and revisit the body over and over. It's sort of left unsaid, but implied is for re-gratification if you will (as disgusting as that is... but apparently not uncommon for these types of crimes).

It also suggests that placement of the body and BP were at the "edge" of the perps "awareness space". This makes sense if you look at the map and could easily conclude these to be the West and NorthWest boundaries of his area. It certainly suggests local and in fact Westminster very close to where Jessica lived. Kitner Lake is SMALL. It's a local park. There are tons of other areas around there that you would probably choose and much more concealed if you were willing to venture a little farther from home.

I also wanted to note that also this talk about 3 day weekends -- remember that in Colorado Columbus Day is not celebrated as a holiday like on the East Coast. There was school on Columbus Day. Granted, someone could have been visiting from an area where it was celebrated, but I'm thinking this is just much ado about nothing. I do wish I could find the exact date of the July 2010 attempt at Kitner also but I haven't been able to so far.

Can you figure it out from this article ... says it happened Monday at 1:15 p.m ... article is from May 30, 2010 ... Monday, May 28?

http://kwgn.com/2012/05/30/jogger-escapes-from-attempted-kidnapping-near-westminster-lake/

Sorry ... Just realized you're looking for the July date ... been a long day ... can't think much anymore.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Anyone else?

I'm totally confused just rereading the first section of the rewind. How could her friend J, other kids at school and a teacher who said they saw her at the school (but not in class) all be confused. Did they all confuse the date? If just one person said they saw her at school I'd think nothing of it, but several?????

Who knows the history there. JR may have met up with this boy to walk occasionally when the timing worked out. Maybe she often changed plans. Maybe the dad was thinking about work and just needed to get his kid to school. He waited for a bit then assumed she was running late and her mom would get her there on that cold morning. Was there ever any clarification on who JR spoke with that morning; the dad or the boy? Not to say that dads don't care but I know as a mom I would be more likely to feel the need to follow up on another person's child than my husband would.

I think that the perp knew Jessica walked alone at least part of the way and bided his time before taking her. The long weekend was opportune for some reason. Probably because he had a house to himself. I hope LE is revisiting every house and every man on her path to school. Also asking if anyone was having fence or roof or any kind of outdoor work done during the last month. Someone working at a house along JRs route to school could have targeted her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member