SC - Heather Elvis, 20, Myrtle Beach, 18 Dec 2013 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if any males are missing in the area that are Heather's age. Or if any males around the same age went missing when she did or even a day after. Might be connected to Heather if they have.

J

Not that I've heard of and I follow the news closely. Someone posted on the findheatherelvis FB page that a 24 year old woman was last seen on December 23rd in Soccastee, according to the poster she has been reported missing but I haven't found confirmation that she is missing.

Let me know if there are other points of interest and I will update the picture accordingly.
Final.jpg

I just wanted to give a quick update that as I was driving down River Oaks just now I saw a handful of people searching. I wish there were more but I know this isn't organized by CUE so I understand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I just wanted to give a quick update that as I was driving down River Oaks just now I saw a handful of people searching. I wish there were more but I know this isn't organized by CUE so I understand.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Are helicopters searching the area? I was on my way to Tanger and saw a helicopter flying fairly low?

Are helicopters searching the area? I was on my way to Tanger and saw a helicopter flying fairly low?

Not the area of River Oaks but I did notice a helicopter flying near Coastal Grand. I'm not sure what kind it was, I wasn't paying attention.

Thank you for chiming in with your analysis, Truth. I share your concerns regarding Heather's situation. It has me worried for her in ways I can't even describe with words. So, I have to DO something, even though I am thousands of miles away. Otherwise, I will lose my marbles :headbang:

Since you've had time to take a look at thread #1, would you mind reviewing the maps that have been posted so far?

I've posted a few (more like repost from other WSers, with added Locations) that have 5-6 points of interest. I'd appreciate your (and others') input regarding additional points to add, as I'm working on an updated map now.

I know we need to be sure be careful to add places that are "known" (i.e., not violate TOS).
Please give your feedback. The new map will have text labels, so the more info from everyone, the better. TIA!

#FindHeatherElvis

Using Tapatalk - now Free
BBM - Yep, good point!

I took a look at one, here. Some of these locations pertain to the traffic incident that happened in the area on the 17th, iirc. I think it's good to leave them on for now.

Here are two that you can take a peek at if you have time:

http://goo.gl/maps/O3Iew - "A" is her shared condo; and "B" is the approximate location of where they found her car.

and this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/awtsb - I'm not so sure that this one would be okay; but "A" would be the location where she picked up her mail on Tuesday afternoon, the 17th; and "B" is where she possibly grew up.

But those are what I'd like to see. Google locations are only approximate, so maybe if we label them accordingly, that would be okay?

I took a video of driving on River Oaks, it's further up but I took it just in case people here wanted to see what the landscape looks like, would anyone be interested?

Is it known if her last call was from her cellphone and if it was, how do we know if she was home when the call was made? The time frame of her car being reported to be at the boat landing on the Monday preceding her disappearance and her last use of her phone just doesn't jibe with me. Was her date Tuesday night and she let her mother know she was home at midnight? Called her gf at 3am Wednesday? is this correct?

I took a video of driving on River Oaks, it's further up but I took it just in case people here wanted to see what the landscape looks like, would anyone be interested?
I sure would. :)

I think that would be very helpful.

Thanx for the kind words, myrtlebeachlove, and yes Awareness is the key to successful missing persons investigations. One only has to look at the Hannah Anderson abduction(CA), a few months ago to see the power of the public. Due to communication; MSM/Internet, she was identified, located, rescued, and the perp eliminated. Although being taken to another state, over 1,000 miles away, 6 miles deep into a wilderness area.

With that said, I am very concerned that the Horry County PD Spokesperson Robert Kegler, has not updated the investigation or held a press conference, which is normal in high profile missing person's cases. Especially since there are now a minimum of 'Seven unsolved missing persons cases in the Myrtle Beach area.. Imo, HCPD is squandering very valuable resources available to them.

Yes I'm growing increasingly concerned about not only the safety of all of us locals but also the LE who have not served justice for these cases. I feel like they need to swallow their pride and realize it's over their heads.. This problem won't go away and make it a point to get someone involved in Heathers case now who has the skill, knowledge, And previous success rate to solve this and find her before someone else around the corner her loses a child.

Like that old saying.. "In America we lose our keys and our sunglasses but HOW do we lose our children"

Is it known if her last call was from her cellphone and if it was, how do we know if she was home when the call was made? The time frame of her car being reported to be at the boat landing on the Monday preceding her disappearance and her last use of her phone just doesn't jibe with me. Was her date Tuesday night and she let her mother know she was home at midnight? Called her gf at 3am Wednesday? is this correct?
Yes, the call is believed to have been from her cellphone--I've heard no mention of a land line.

We don't really know for sure if she was at her condo when the call was made. It's been reported that her mom said she called her to tell her she was back from her date; but exactly where she was has not been confirmed--so kind of opened for interpretation, for now.

Heather's car was found on Thursday--maybe in the evening; the lady that first reported it to the police as being strangely parked said she thought she remembered it being parked there Monday. We are thinking she may have been mistaken about that part, though.

Sorry, I know this is all very speculative at this point.

Yes I'm growing increasingly concerned about not only the safety of all of us locals but also the LE who have not served justice for these cases. I feel like they need to swallow their pride and realize it's over their heads.. This problem won't go away and make it a point to get someone involved in Heathers case now who has the skill, knowledge, And previous success rate to solve this and find her before someone else around the corner her loses a child.

Like that old saying.. "In America we lose our keys and our sunglasses but HOW do we lose our children"

I agree LE should be able to use all their resources that are available without compromising evidence. I do think that the pride of these local departments can get in the way of this. However sometimes I think they don't know when to use or how to use these resources that are available.

BBM - Yep, good point!

I took a look at one, here. Some of these locations pertain to the traffic incident that happened in the area on the 17th, iirc. I think it's good to leave them on for now.

http://goo.gl/maps/O3Iew - "A" is her shared condo; and "B" is the approximate location of where they found her car.

and this one:

http://goo.gl/maps/awtsb - I'm not so sure that this one would be okay; but "A" would be the location where she picked up her mail on Tuesday afternoon, the 17th; and "B" is where she possibly grew up.

But those are what I'd like to see. Google locations are only approximate, so maybe if we label them accordingly, that would be okay?

Please take a look at this GoogleEarth map, and post by Farmhand:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10068285&postcount=314

I am trying to figure out if all of the Points of Interest are "known" and exactly how to label them on the new map.

Also, Farmhand has been working on his GoogleEarth map, but I don't have access to the URL to be able to add points to it (which I've been able to do with the GoogleMap - that's why I'm using it now).

Farmhand has done quite a bit of work already, but I just want to be sure to remain in compliance with TOS. It would be great if we could integrate all of the known data into one place, but we've gotta start somewhere.

We will take this as it comes. This all started after running across Margarita25's post, so this is a #WSTeamEffort, all the way!

#FindHeatherElvis

Just to bring up an example in the Drexel case they new the RSO was in the area after the fact because he got a speeding ticket in the area at the time of her disappearance. They could check with LE to see something similar might have occurred.

j

BBM - Yep, good point!

and this one:

Too and from her parents house and also peachtree landing, She could have either taken the route shown on your gmaps link (through forest brook rd) or through socastee blvd. (shown below)
alt%20route.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member