Steve Powell claims credible investigators say Susan Powell left on her own accord

Thanks so much, grayjay!

Are you kidding me? Where did they go? To six detective agency schools who had a class of 'newbies' and Susan's case was given to them as a homework assignment?

Now, I'm thinking out loud here, its late, have a headache, but hey, lets bounce it around, shall we? So if Susan left - alive and well - wouldn't you think Josh would be making pleas for her to return, if not for the sake of the boys? Wouldn't he be contacting her friends for possible clues or ideas to where she could have run off to? Wouldn't he seem 'crushed' by it, especially since he likely denies rumors that the marriage was troubled, that he was controlling, since she wanted to start her own home business (according to him), et al? Wouldn't there be evidence of missing monies/withdrawals from the bank account she opened to leave him?

No joke! They are serious! In fact, Josh is expecting Susan to return any day now which is why he moved in with his father who Susan reportedly could not stand! Try all you want Steve Powell. You only make yourself look the fool every time you open your trap or pen a paragraph!

It was reported to me that Susan did not want her boys to be alone with Steve Powell (by a reliable source). If Josh wants Susan to come back to him, why is he living with a man who she wouldn't allow to be alone with their children and who was not welcome in their West Valley City home?

I see smoke coming out of the back of his pants!

No joke! They are serious! In fact, Josh is expecting Susan to return any day now which is why he moved in with his father who Susan reportedly could not stand! Try all you want Steve Powell. You only make yourself look the fool every time you open your trap or pen a paragraph!

It was reported to me that Susan did not want her boys to be alone with Steve Powell (by a reliable source). If Josh wants Susan to come back to him, why is he living with a man who she wouldn't allow to be alone with their children and who was not welcome in their West Valley City home?

I just have one question for Steven Powell. How is Susan Powell surviving? Did she withdraw huge sums of cash before walking out? Enough to buy a car, a new wardrobe, an apartment, food? oops - sorry, that was more than one question.

:waitasec:

Mel

If they are such credible sources.. maybe he should name them...

Thanks so much, grayjay!

Are you kidding me? Where did they go? To six detective agency schools who had a class of 'newbies' and Susan's case was given to them as a homework assignment?

Now, I'm thinking out loud here, its late, have a headache, but hey, lets bounce it around, shall we? So if Susan left - alive and well - wouldn't you think Josh would be making pleas for her to return, if not for the sake of the boys? Wouldn't he be contacting her friends for possible clues or ideas to where she could have run off to? Wouldn't he seem 'crushed' by it, especially since he likely denies rumors that the marriage was troubled, that he was controlling, since she wanted to start her own home business (according to him), et al? Wouldn't there be evidence of missing monies/withdrawals from the bank account she opened to leave him?

I suspect that Josh would be tracking her down looking for alimony and child support...after all she was the one who was supporting the family.

I think someone who wanted to mess with Steven Powell's mind probably made some kind of sarcastic statement about Susan running off, just to see his reaction. Can you even imagine how irritating he must be in person? :rolleyes:"Yeah, yeah Steven, we know- Susan just ran off in the middle of the night with no car, no money, none of her clothes or belongings, and left her babies with Josh...because Susan knows how good he is at caring and providing for his children! You are right- we believe you!" :rolleyes:

BBM
Um...that's not smoke :rolling:

I suspect that Josh would be tracking her down looking for alimony and child support...after all she was the one who was supporting the family.

I think someone who wanted to mess with Steven Powell's mind probably made some kind of sarcastic statement about Susan running off, just to see his reaction. Can you even imagine how irritating he must be in person? :rolleyes:"Yeah, yeah Steven, we know- Susan just ran off in the middle of the night with no car, no money, none of her clothes or belongings, and left her babies with Josh...because Susan knows how good he is at caring and providing for his children! You are right- we believe you!" :rolleyes:

No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.

No kidding! If Steve and Josh Powell really believe Susan ran off, as angry as both of them appear to get, they would be spewing about what a terrible mother Susan was to run off and abandon her family and to leave everyone worrying that she is dead.

Try all you want, Steve and Josh Powell. You'll never convince anyone that Susan ran off with a rich man who is supplying her every need and that she didn't take one thing with her, that she felt the best time to vanish was after Josh told her he was taking the boys to go camping in the middle of the night during 20 degree weather on a Sunday when Josh was to be at work several hours later, that she would let her parents and friends worry themselves sick all this time as well as make her little boys think she abandoned them.

If Susan was alive, she would have come out of hiding to file for custody of sons to get them away from the sick men they are living with!

There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?

I hope they arrest Josh SOON. it's VERY obvious that he killed Susan.

It's only a matter of time before they arrest him and charge him with 1st degree murder.

Does anybody know why they have not arrested him yet?

There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. We're talking about a woman who loved her children so much that she was willing to ride a bicycle to work to support them and she planted a garden just to make sure they had nutritious food. These are not the traits of a woman who is going to just run away and leave her children. (Not even to come back for them on a later date...) I believe Susan had gotten fed up, she and Josh got into a fight (she possibly said I'm leaving and taking the kids...) and he killed her.

It's just a coincidence that Susan leaves the night that he takes his kids "camping" at an undisclosed location (which he can't remember where this campsite is?) at midnight in the middle of the winter? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that Josh comes back from the camping trip with windburn/frostbite so bad that his hands are neon red and chapped? nuh uh. It's a coincidence that Susan is missing and there's a wet spot on the carpet with fans blowing on it and a comforter missing? Don't think so! It's a coincidence that while his van is impounded, Josh rents a car and puts hundreds of miles on it almost overnight? COME ON! It's a coincidence that very shortly after Susan "runs away" Josh moves to his father's house? Nope! I'm very very sorry and I don't usually do this, but if this were any other state, Josh would be arrested. Why hasn't he been arrested yet?

I agree. Two corrections:

1.) After returning from renting the car, Josh's hands were bright red and, according to Peterson, a friend who Josh stopped by to visit, had the worst case of wind burn he'd ever seen.

2.) Josh had to buy a new comforter because law enforcement took it when they conducted a search on the Powell's West Valley City home. (He bought it at WalMart along with new clothes and a cell phone, purchases he was talking about making to Peterson on the same day he had the wind burned hands.)

Quotes from news article:

Tim Petersen, Powell's neighbor tells ABC 4 news that Powell came over to their house on Wednesday evening, just days after Susan disappeared and told them about a new phone he bought and asked for a ride to pick up his minivan. Petersen said, "We asked about Susan but he didn't want to talk about her. He only wanted to talk about his new clothes and phone."

Petersen also says when Powell came to his house he had the worst case of wind burned he'd ever seen. Petersen said they were bright red and he had a bottle of lotion with him and kept applying it on his hands.

Police took Powell's van Monday night, between that night and Wednesday Powell put hundreds of miles on his rental car. Petersen thinks he may have gone back to the campground. "I just kind of speculate he went out there again and I wonder why would someone do that?"

But, if Powell did go back out there that could explain his red hands. That Monday was bitter cold, in the middle of the first wave of a major storm and the wind chills in the area were in the low teens.

NOTE: This article doesn't mention the comforter purchase but I remember reading that's why he bought a new one and thinking that it was pretty irresponsible to be spending all that money when he wouldn't have Susan's income to pay the mortgage, etc.

If the comforter was missing from Josh and Susan's bed when the police broke the window to gain entry and who allowed people who knew Susan and Josh well into the home, I think as "big a deal" would have been made about the missing comforter as the two fans blowing on the wet spot.

It is clear the people went into Josh and Susan's bedroom because Susan's purse, keys and cell phone were on the bed, according to someone who was allowed in the house at that time. (I think it was Jennifer Graves, Susan's sister-in-law. You can refer to the thread "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends where I believe Jennifer's husband, Kirk Graves, answered a question about the cell phone, keys and purse.)

Source: http://www.abc4.com/mostpopular/sto...nswers-into-Susan/n8xTFRQLOkKihW2iYi34wA.cspx

I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?

I wonder why LE didn't have someone following him when he rented the car... How can one UT PD get things so right (Ethan) and one get them so very very wrong (Susan)?

The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.

The West Valley City police chief said he wasn't aware Josh had rented a car and they weren't notified by the rental car agency until several days later and only after the car had been rented out several times, something which I find to be totally incompetent on the part of the West Valley City Police Department.

What baffles me is why the person who drove him to the rental car agency didn't alert the authorities.

In the Websleuths' Susan Powell thread entitled "Questions I'd like to ask Susan Powell's family and friends", Kirk Graves, Josh's brother-in-law, would not go into specifics when answering my question "How did Josh get to the rental car agency" other than to state "He got a ride."

I doubt Josh paid for a taxi and suspect either Jennifer or Kirk, who babysat the children for 24 hours while Josh had the car, gave him a ride nearby and didn't realize he would be walking to the agency from where they dropped him off (or) they gave him a ride there and didn't report the fact he was renting a car because they were in denial about Josh having anything to do with Susan's disappearance.

I do not know why law enforcement wasn't keeping a watchful eye on Josh. It is really a shame Josh wasn't being monitored as that trip could have revealed a lot.

Another thing that astounded and disappointed me was the claim the vehicle Josh rented didn't have a GPS tracking device, according to law enforcement, something which makes me wonder if Josh called around to various car rental agencies to learn if there were cars available for rent which didn't have them.

What would the odds be, in this modern day, of Josh just happening to rent a car without a GPS tracking device? I believe that is why he rented that particular car, that he knew it didn't have one and chose that car for that reason because he didn't want law enforcement to learn where he went during those 24 hours.

For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.:angel:

For what it is worth, I went on a trip last week and rented a nearly new Ford Fusion and it was not equipped with GPS tracking. I even asked at the counter when I returned it if they had GPS tracking to account for my usage. The reply..."We offer GPS as an option, but the cars are insured for theft."

So the odds are actually quite good that he could have rented a car without GPS. For the record my DW is home safe and I do not have wind burned hands.:angel:

that made me giggle. thanks.

Jimmy Hoffa disappeared of his own accord as well.

Many people disappear intentionally for various reasons. However, I don't think there is any comparison between Susan Powell's and Jimmy Hoffa's lifestyles or circumstances.

From Wikipedia:

Jimmy Hoffa, who had been convicted of jury tampering, attempted bribery, and fraud in 1964, was imprisoned in 1967, sentenced to 13 years, after exhausting the appeal process.

However, he did not officially resign the Teamsters' presidency until mid-1971.

This was part of a pardon agreement with U.S. president Richard Nixon, in order to facilitate Hoffa's release from prison in late 1971.

Nixon blocked Hoffa from union activities until 1980; Hoffa was attempting to overturn this order and to regain support.

He was last seen in late July 1975, outside a suburban Detroit restaurant called the Machus Red Fox.[3]

CONTINUED AT SOURCE: [ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_hoffa[/ame]

Ethan Stacy was the Layton City PD and Susan is the West Valley City PD. West Valley is a large suburb of Salt Lake City. Layton is a smaller community. It is more close knit with very little crime.

There is absolutely no way that Susan is in hiding. Josh killed her. Plain and simple. /QUOTE]\

Respectfully snipped for space.....

ITA. I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Surely they did.... Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses. Surely they did.... ????

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move???

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....this man is guilty of murdering his wife. His "story" stinks to high heaven and is not believable in any way, shape or form.

But, the cops have nothing on him to arrest him. Could this moron who could not even put together a believable story have committed the perfect crime?

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET????

~abbie

I want to know what the wet spot on the carpet was. So does everyone else, including me!

Did LE cut that section of carpet out, and test the padding and floor underneath it? Yes, a very large section of the carpet and padding was cut out, according to reliable witnesses who helped pack up Susan's belongings. Because they were removed from the home, we must assume they were tested. We don't know if the results have come back from the crime lab yet. Surely enough time has passed but obtaining DNA results can take many months.

Did LE speak to the children, even though they are very young, they are witnesses? I know son, who was four-years-old at the time, was asked questions by law enforcement shortly after Susan disappeared with Josh present. I do not know if a social worker or investigator has been able to question either of the boys without Josh present. I really doubt it. Perhaps this will take place if and when son starts attending school and during school hours without Josh being present or aware. (I am suspecting, if son knows a lot, that Josh will not allow him to go to school but homeschool him instead.)

Why was Josh permitted to leave the state, move away, so soon after the disappearance of his spouse, without causing LE to ramp up their suspicions? Only a court order issued by a judge can restrain a person from leaving a particular area or moving out of a county or state. Because Josh was not arrested and ordered to appear in court where such an order could be made, he is free to travel and live wherever he pleases, including other countries.

How in the world could friends and neighbors who knew the couple well possibly believe Josh's story, and even help him pack and move???
Susan's dear friends such as Kiirsi Hellewell and Josh's sister, Jennifer Graves, helped pack up Susan's belongings because they wanted them to be treated with respect. Furthermore, they were looking and listening for clues.

The reasons/motives behind the various people who helped Josh varied from wanting to get him out of the neighborhood as soon as possible for being tired of all the commotion and media attention to simply doing the Christian thing. I'm sure some were simply curious about what the inside of Josh's house looked like while others may have hoped to appear in news video footage and newspaper photos.

WHY HASN'T HE BEEN ARRESTED YET???? Clearly there isn't enough evidence to charge and arrest Josh for murdering Susan Powell. The county prosecutor needs to make certain there is sufficient evidence/proof so a jury would NOT find him innocent due to reasonable doubt.

Just because Josh hasn't been charged and arrested doesn't mean law enforcement doesn't have a substantial amount of evidence linking Josh to Susan's disappearance and possible murder, it simply means there isn't enough at this point in time to take the matter to trial and be certain a jury would find him guilty.

They may still be waiting for DNA test results to come back from the lab as well as for someone to come forward who Josh confided in about what he did to Susan. This is why it is so important that the reward be increased a substantial amount.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back