2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

IMO it is either careless or disingenuous (or both, maybe) that in motions regarding things having been released by the media, the defense acts like the media outlets are so blatantly biased against them, and then as "proof" cites comments from the public internet forum on the online article- as in, comments written by totally private citizens and not by an actual member of the media. So, it seems to me that they don't have an argument about the media creating biases, rather they just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that the general population might have come to these conclusions regarding ICA all on their own.

Like, ok, if you are so sure that all this is unconstitutional, then fight it. Take it to the mattresses. But they won't, because it's all excuses and delays delays delays. Yuck.

IMO, YMMV.

IMO it is either careless or disingenuous (or both, maybe) that in motions regarding things having been released by the media, the defense acts like the media outlets are so blatantly biased against them, and then as "proof" cites comments from the public internet forum on the online article- as in, comments written by totally private citizens and not by an actual member of the media. So, it seems to me that they don't have an argument about the media creating biases, rather they just need to suck it up and deal with the fact that the general population might have come to these conclusions regarding ICA all on their own.

Like, ok, if you are so sure that all this is unconstitutional, then fight it. Take it to the mattresses. But they won't, because it's all excuses and delays delays delays. Yuck.

IMO, YMMV.

Respectfully Quoted shellsbells :cool2:
BBM

Thank you! I totally agree.

I have your whole post in bold because Yuck is right.

Thanks again.

This entry from the docket today was filed by Joe Jordan per the link below:

01/03/2011 Motion to Strike Motion for Protective Order

In this video report: http://www.wftv.com/video/26357112/index.html

They want the pictures he took and in the motion they state he had posted them here on WS and on SM but have been since removed...nums I think you posted a link to this motion someplace...I know I read it tonight.

They want the pictures he took and in the motion they state he had posted them here on WS and on SM but have been since removed...nums I think you posted a link to this motion someplace...I know I read it tonight.

I posted the defense motion files last week. Today's motions are to strike the defense motion and not have to provide photos right? I can't think straight anymore, so tired

Morning everyone! :wave:

I was just re-perusing the defense's motion to exclude Casey's tattoo (because nothing goes so well with your morning coffee than to review docs in this case, right? :coffeeup:) and I noticed something interesting...

Pages 4, 5 and 6 contain a number of direct quotes from us wascally bloggers--well, from commenters on examiner.com and <another crime site which I just learned gets automatically bleeped out here at WS!>--which are footnoted as to source. Each of the examples is from October 2010 or was "last accessed" November 17 2010.

The way I read it, this motion was prepared weeks ago and has been sitting on a shelf somewhere waiting for the last-minute pre-holiday motion dump by the defense.

Which means it's at least one document that Mr. Mason was NOT busy preparing in December. You know, the crush of 20+ motions that he mentioned in the hearing yesterday, which prevented him from submitting the final two about KC's statements until yesterday?

A small thing. But an interesting thing. I think.

:cow:

According to the prosecution, they shouldn't have been heard at all, since it was past the due date. His Honor slipped it in anyway, as not to have an appeals reason. Either way, they only recieved supressions on what the state agreed to, nothing more. The state didn't need the knife or heartsticker or as the defense likes to say, phathom sticker.

What happened to the motion LDB filed about the defense to stop using certain phrases? Like my client is innocent, someone else placed Caylee where she was found, etc...will that be heard at a later date?? JMHO
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/68158671/Casey-Anthony-FL-Prosecution-fires-back-Dec-30-2010

Justice for Caylee

Everything is different now with the judge's rulings.
The trial that is going to happen will be clear, no longer all the bravado and big talk, now it is definite what will and will not come in. Reality knocks.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WYUjWv_P7I[/ame]

Casey backing up that car and borrowing a shovel, and the cadaver dogs handler's testimony is coming in, it is very relevant, imo

As for the lying and stealing the fact that she was driving Amy's car and quasi living with Amy and Ricardo all of that is coming in, her whereabouts and actions during those 31 days is very relevant. Expect to see computer calandars or a huge display of calandar. Her whearabouts from sun up till sun down is all coming in, and never at any of those locations did she appear to ask ANYONE if they had seen her child or the nanny.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoJxyKRzEL4[/ame]
the searches for chloroform on the computer is coming in, definitely, it goes to premeditation
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fO9IwCxYs9o[/ame]
Did the defense ask for Casey's phone logs and texts to not be allowed in?
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgO5cmzDUPw[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCJIt5USXqA[/ame]

Now that all cards are going to be on the table regarding the experts, and after the rulings of what indeed is coming into evidence, the rain will set in, cooler minds will prevail and the idea of pleading guilty to a lesser charge will take a new place in the defense talks. If they do not talk to her in very very frank terms about the possibility that she may indeed get found guilty instead of filling her head with very unrealistic expectations, I would be very very shocked. I expect both Ann and Cheney have had these very frank talks with clients for years. It has to be her choice, but she needs to be given the honest facts, I do not think Jose is capable of resigning himself to the possibility, let alone imploring upon Casey. It will have to be Cheney.
Someone has got to be the grown up at the end of the hallway. The outcome of these motions will help. We are not on Hope Springs drive anymore.

Just peeking in for a minute but a couple of observations from yesterday's hearing....

I think the defense came off (again) looking like *advertiser censored* because of the "jib jab" motion thing. Love how the Prosecution said "we have no intention of using that"...like "you Idiots..."

JB should never play poker. His comment about "cutting into his $3.00/hr" showed exactly how pi$$ed he was that he had been called on the carpet. Little baby.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED how the reporter KEPT ON SHOOTING WITH HIS ZOOM LENS the ENTIRE time CM was arguing his motion. JB could learn about having some from that guy!!!!!

Just peeking in for a minute but a couple of observations from yesterday's hearing....

I think the defense came off (again) looking like *advertiser censored* because of the "jib jab" motion thing. Love how the Prosecution said "we have no intention of using that"...like "you Idiots..."

JB should never play poker. His comment about "cutting into his $3.00/hr" showed exactly how pi$$ed he was that he had been called on the carpet. Little baby.

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED how the reporter KEPT ON SHOOTING WITH HIS ZOOM LENS the ENTIRE time CM was arguing his motion. JB could learn about having some from that guy!!!!!

That was great stuff! I also loved Rachel Fugate, the lawyer for the Sentinel, she basically said, you gotta be kidding me, we have done nothing wrong, this is silly, it doesn't even warrant a response, if my kid ever acts up in your courtroom, you have my permission to let him know it, but I trust him, :floorlaugh: oh my.... look at the time, too bad I can't stay.

Yes, as sure as the sun comes up every morning, Jose finds a way to work in his pitiful three dollars an hour remark in every hearing, and; likewise, Mason manages to get it on the record, every time, that he had to pay out of his own pocket for hotel rooms and airfare to go to do a depo.
The funny thing about that for the listener is the OBVIOUS question.
When he was first on the courthouse steps regailing for the reporters
that it is his honor to take on a case pro bono, the highest calling, etc., etc. ad nausium for the soundbite.....
he knew then that
1.) The clear rule is if she has a privately retained attorney, neither he, nor any other lawyers he has help him on this case are getting reimbursed for travel, ever.
2.) Indeed she did have a privately retained attorney, Jose.
3.) With his forty years of practicing criminal law this is basic common knowlege.

The obvious question is he knew the deal when he signed on so why the feigned shock and outrage about it now?

In the words of my hero, Jeff Ashton, "This feigning of ignorance is getting old".

To Mr. Baez I say, no sir , you are not being paid only three dollars an hour, not if you want to consider the aproximately one hundred thousand dollars you took off the top of Ms. Anthony's three hundred thousand dollar defense fund. Let's do keep things in context. None of their whining is falling on anything but deaf ears in the courtroom, no worries.

That JibJab video is actually the only thing I wished had been heard - only long enough for the prosecution to have called JB out on his BS of accusing them of having made it. That needed to be retracted in open court, IMHO. ABSURD!

Why is the state of Florida overpaying JB anyway?

I posted the defense motion files last week. Today's motions are to strike the defense motion and not have to provide photos right? I can't think straight anymore, so tired

I haven't read J.J's response Motion yet...I did read the Motion from the Defense to obtain his photographs...will go and look for it...

Here we are...the Defense Motion for Duces Tecum for J Jordan's photos...WS is mentioned..

http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331241/detail.html

Actually, not only does Baez want any and all of JJ's photo's of the area of Suburban drive but also to produce all content posted on the web regarding this case

That was great stuff! I also loved Rachel Fugate, the lawyer for the Sentinel, she basically said, you gotta be kidding me, we have done nothing wrong, this is silly, it doesn't even warrant a response, if my kid ever acts up in your courtroom, you have my permission to let him know it, but I trust him, :floorlaugh: oh my.... look at the time, too bad I can't stay.

Yes, as sure as the sun comes up every morning, Jose finds a way to work in his pitiful three dollars an hour remark in every hearing, and; likewise, Mason manages to get it on the record, every time, that he had to pay out of his own pocket for hotel rooms and airfare to go to do a depo.
that it is his honor to take on a case pro bono, the highest calling, etc., etc. ad nausium for the soundbite.....
he knew then that
1.) The clear rule is if she has a privately retained attorney, neither he, nor any other lawyers he has help him on this case are getting reimbursed for travel, ever.
3.) With his forty years of practicing criminal law this is basic common knowlege.

The obvious question is he knew the deal when he signed on so why the feigned shock and outrage about it now?

In the words of my hero, Jeff Ashton, "This feigning of ignorance is getting old".

To Mr. Baez I say, no sir , you are not being paid only three dollars an hour, not if you want to consider the aproximately one hundred thousand dollars you took off the top of Ms. Anthony's three hundred thousand dollar defense fund. Let's do keep things in context. None of their whining is falling on anything but deaf ears in the courtroom, no worries.

AND look, what I find sooooo crazy is CM saying at every chance he gets that the state is not constrained by JAC rates, etc. HAHAHAHA - I would love to hear somebody retort "well, the state didn't murder their daughter". Doesn't CM and JB understand that the Prosecution is part of the State of Florida, and therefore funded by the Florida budget? Doesn't matter if they work 4 hours for 40 hours or 400 hours in a week, they are paid the same rate...no overtime, nada. They also utilize state forensic agencies, etc. which are also covered by a budget....no charge to fellow agencies. CM wants the state to do all the work, take all the depositions, and the "share" at no costs to the charming Ms. Anthony. Doesn't work that way. Since brainiac JB saw fit to blow the $300k he made off Caylee as blood money, and it was his "brainstorm" to declare her indigent. Therefore, she is entitled to a defense -- but not a "dream team" EXPENSIVE defense. Just a defense. That's it. And Judge Perry will make sure she get that, and only that. No matter how much CM and JB whines.

AND...I worked for a prominent law firm for 25 years. They were premier in class action matters, and therefore, took depositions all over the country. BEFORE any depositon was noticed the court reporter was contacted, his/her rates were established, etc. IF our law firm attorneys didn't like the rate, they actually took one of out local court reporters with them, paying all travel expenses and her going rate. That way she was guaranteed a load of work for the year, that otherwise out of state court reporting firms were going to get.

I realize JB and team are operating under very stringent constraints, and most of the out of state firms will not agree to cut rates, but there IS somebody out there that will be willing to take the work. Believe you me. In this economy? You gotta be kidding. It just takes a listing of those court reporters and time on the telephone. But, we are talking about JB here, so....

he knew then that

I have worked in the Public and Private sector...including owning businesses..I have no sympathy for The Team when they whine about fees and expenses out of pocket....
Many people go into private ownership of a business and don't get paid a salary months to years down the road just to make the business survive and hopefully become profitable..so deal with it...

Also, Baez could of had this case go to trial in Nov 2008 when he and Casey had obtained over $200,000 (of which $89,000 Baez was paid)..and it would have been over long ago. But he and Casey decided to waive her rights to a speedy trial....one must wonder WHY?
Florida's Speedy Trial Provisions
http://www.criminaldefenseattorneytampa.com/FloridaDefenses/SpeedyTrial.aspx

Instead of retiring (as he was going to do)..Mason decided to join this Defense team as a pro bono attorney, no one forced him, for a client who had no means to pay, at least not any longer after they used up $275,000...

The Team has been notified and told repeatedly that the JAC does not pay for the expenses of privately retained attorneys....the constant whining over it in court and the media is pathetic for so called "professionals"

No sympathy..
:twocents:

Just an aside...

Do ya'll think Georgie Porgie has a job or just has come to his senses?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzYuWqWt8w0[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cciQcDXIVzo[/ame]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50