PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
KYW Newsradio 1060 - News

... Montecalvo says the reward is up to $75,000 now, but so far it hasn't borne fruit:

"There's no sign. And we're trying to pump the reward money out there so somebody who knows anytrhing can call us at 215-546-TIPS, anonymously for the whereabouts of these two individuals. We'll give them a code number, and just tell us where they are."

I wonder if they could have given someone a ride.....someone that they ran into between the bar and his truck. I never pick up hitch hikers but some people do. If some guy asked if they could give him a ride they could have run into big trouble. It's also pretty easy to steal a license plate from another truck...remove the origional plate and put the stolen one on and drive the truck to who knows where. A person can switch license plates in different citys and probably not get caught for quite some time.

I just find it strange that the truck hasn't surfaced somewhere. My theory is probably way out there but anything is possible. Rich doesn't sound like a violent person, the husband seems to have a air tight alibi and the couple haven't shown up anywhere. It doesn't sound like they would have just taken off.

I sure hope they are found soon. This has to be pure hell for the families.

Bobbisangel said:
I wonder if they could have given someone a ride.....someone that they ran into between the bar and his truck. I never pick up hitch hikers but some people do.
That's a plausible theory; one I hadn't really thought of. I'm tempted to say that it's highly unlikely since growing up in Philly, most of us, (although not mean-spirited in any way), tend to be fairly suspicious of people, and know better than to offer rides. South Street is also known to be an odd place; quite a blend of people there at times, some who frankly seem somewhat dangerous.

Yet, there are those that still do give rides to hitchhikers. And if it were to be a hitchhiker, that would explain why the police seem to be at a stand-still with this case. I hope that a break comes soon. This has been going on so ridiculously long for these poor families.

Nothing new on this? I haven't seen the papers in a few days. It seems like they've just given up?

are there any known serial killers in the phillyarea?. my cousin lives in pa exton which is in chester county ( brandywine area). and i asked her if she heard anything about there disaperance and she did. shes about i think an hr or 2 away from philly. i asked her to be on the lookout for for trucks that look suspicus. what if they didnt intend to pick up anyone and they were stuck at a light no other cars or witness and someone car jacked them ?

I live about 20 minutes outside of Exton (and 20 minutes out of South Philly in the other direction). I haven't heard of any serial killers around here. I think whatever happened to them was random. I just wish the family could get some answers. For all anyone knows they could have gotten into an accident and the car went off the road in some remote area. It's just odd that both of their cellphones were off. I am sure that Danielle would leave hers on since she left her son with her ex.

Hi all, I am new to this forum.

Police say it is unlikely that it is a random act. It is all too perfect to be random. Usually random acts leave a mess behind and don't care about hiding bodies, cars etc. They have also reported that it is probably done by more than one person.

As for Wenchie's "Nothing new on this?" -- there actually is stuff going on. Family and friends are in the process of opening a fund for Richard's 14 year old daughter starting with a benefit concert probably in Philly, search efforts are being planned, and Christine, Richard's sister, was interviewed by the Phila Inquirer and should be out sometime this week.

rmutt said:

Police say it is unlikely that it is a random act. It is all too perfect to be random. Usually random acts leave a mess behind and don't care about hiding bodies, cars etc. They have also reported that it is probably done by more than one person.
Very good points; exactly what I was going to mention when reading the above posts. The only way I can see this being random is if they decided to take a drive, and were carjacked somewhere fairly far from home, possibly in a remote area where they might not be located for a while. Otherwise, I agree with what you've said above.

Thanks for updating us on this case, and WELCOME to WS! :) I hope you'll continue to post here.

rmutt said:

As for Wenchie's "Nothing new on this?" -- there actually is stuff going on. Family and friends are in the process of opening a fund for Richard's 14 year old daughter starting with a benefit concert probably in Philly, search efforts are being planned, and Christine, Richard's sister, was interviewed by the Phila Inquirer and should be out sometime this week.

I have read something about the trust fund. I thought it was for both children (Danielle's and Richard's). I just wish the family would get some answers. It must be really hard on Richard's daughter since she is old enough to realize what is going on.

Rachael said:
It must be really hard on Richard's daughter since she is old enough to realize what is going on.
And amazingly frightening. I find stories like this to be frightening just hearing them on t.v., and this poor girl has to live the reality. I hope that she and the rest of the family will have the answers soon. I hold them in my heart and my prayers and think of them every day.

If it's unlikely to have been a random act, that would mean that they were specifically targeted. I'm wondering if there are any theories on who might have targeted them - and why.

I'll try my best to get to the concert, and I'd appreciate it if you'd post the info on it here when you get it. I don't normally read the Courier Post, etc.

It's THREE MONTHS TODAY since their disappearance. If anyone up there is listening, PLEASE we need guidance to find them.

The police say no one is a suspect but they are looking at everyone. That doesn't really mean much, though. Police reports say Danielle's estranged husband threatened Richard many times at work, and such threats were witnessed by Rich's co-workers.

The concert for now is on hold. The Petrone family has decided to postpone all benefits for now and to have a large one down the road. There is more info about it on www.richardanddanielle.com forum and www.richardpetrone.com site.

P.S. Ever since I've heard the entire story I've been certain that this wasn't a random act. The only place they could have been carjacked was at South Street or on the way to the bridge - both crowded areas at that time on a Saturday night.

Once you get to the bridge it's open highway.

If someone had been following them, there really aren't any lonely stretches where they could have overtaken them.

Maybe someone called them on a cell and lured them somewhere?

Depending on her neighborhood and how busy and lighted it is.

wenchie said:
P.S. Ever since I've heard the entire story I've been certain that this wasn't a random act. The only place they could have been carjacked was at South Street or on the way to the bridge - both crowded areas at that time on a Saturday night.
Except not necessarily in February. South Street and the surrounding area is very busy in nice weather but during colder or wetter times, it can be pretty deserted. February 19th was very cold:

Weather Underground: History

About 29 degrees between 10:54 and 11:54 P.M. I don't think there would have been many people on South Street in that temperature.

wenchie said:
Depending on her neighborhood and how busy and lighted it is.
What complex is her house in? Mt. Laurel in general is not very busy at that time of night. But doesn't she live in a condo? I can't imagine that something could happen in a condo lot without someone noticing something. I wonder if surveillance video has captured their vehicle going over the bridge, (I think we pondered this before), or if it's been checked. It might be too late to check that now. In any case, a lot of the condo/townhouse developments over here have town watch. Not that nothing bad can happen, but it's something else to consider.

I am really hoping that LE knows something! I wouldn't want to see this case go on for years without the family getting some answers. It's not fair to their parents or their children. I just hope something turns up soon. These missing adult cases are so strange to me especially when the car is also missing (like Audrey Herron). Where are they? :waitasec:

I don't know the family or any LE involved but I get the clear feeling that they have no idea what's happened. I hope that I'm wrong but it seems that if they disappeared between South Street and home, no one knew that anything was amiss until they never returned. They most likely made it to their vehicle and drove off. With no incident upon entering the car, and the car having never been found, it seems that all of the clues might lie with that car. Without it, what do they possibly have to go on? And it's making me crazy ... how have they still not located this vehicle? The only way that makes any sense to me is a car-jacking. The car could have been sold off for parts to a chop shop, and then it might never be found. But if that's the case then where on Earth are Richard and Danielle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle