PA PA - Richard Petrone, 35, & Danielle Imbo, 34, Philadelphia, 19 Feb 2005 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it would be impossible to drive off the bridge, there are places where a car could be intentionally driven into the water. And the Pine Barrens is a big, big area. Well over a million acres.

I can't post on the Courttv boards, because it won't let me log in. But - someone is saying over there that perhaps they had an accident down by the river before getting to the bridge, and that the truck is in the water there.

As far as I know, there is no way you could accidently plow into that river - it is just way, way too shallow, and you would have to be going at an impossible speed in order to get far enough out into it for it to even cover the top of a truck.

It's deep where it's dredged out - like, down near the old Riverfront Dinner Theatre - but haven't those areas already been searched?

wenchie said:
I can't post on the Courttv boards, because it won't let me log in. But - someone is saying over there that perhaps they had an accident down by the river before getting to the bridge, and that the truck is in the water there.

As far as I know, there is no way you could accidently plow into that river - it is just way, way too shallow, and you would have to be going at an impossible speed in order to get far enough out into it for it to even cover the top of a truck.

It's deep where it's dredged out - like, down near the old Riverfront Dinner Theatre - but haven't those areas already been searched?
I'm glad that people are talking about it but I think that without having first-hand knowledge of what certain areas look like, etc., it's really hard to theorize about routes. IMO, I don't even know how you could plunge into the river before getting to the bridge. I'm sure that there are some spots in Philly where it's easier to have that type of accident, but if they took any of the more obvious routes into NJ from South Street, I think that they would have to try pretty hard to get themselves into the river. I'm not sure of the depth - ships do pass through that river - but it seems like it would be unlikely that that could happen, and no one would have noticed something by now.

wenchie said:
Although it would be impossible to drive off the bridge, there are places where a car could be intentionally driven into the water. And the Pine Barrens is a big, big area. Well over a million acres.

Pine barrens..is that mostly water or land? I know there are some swamp like areas when I drive to my aunt's house in Cherry Hill (on the sides of the highway). I am not too familiar with the Pine barrens though since I live in PA.

Rachael said:
Pine barrens..is that mostly water or land? I know there are some swamp like areas when I drive to my aunt's house in Cherry Hill (on the sides of the highway). I am not too familiar with the Pine barrens though since I live in PA.
The Pine Barrens is heavy forest. I believe that it is protected land, (at least some of it is. We know people that live in that region, and they aren't allowed to remove certain trees that they wanted to take down). I don't know how much water is there or how big those bodies of water are but I remember camping there, and washing up in a stream when I was about 10. As for any other bodies of water, I'm not too sure myself.

Here's a Web site I've found. It mentions canoeing so it sounds like there are fairly substantial bodies of water:

Pine Barrens of New Jersey

I think there is more likely-hood that if the car is submerged somewhere it is in the Pine Barrens rather than Del. River. I think they should also investigate further up in North NJ possibly into NYC.

I do not know of many spots in Philly where you can get close to the river in a truck. Now in Chester, PA there is a spot where you can park your car right along the river and possibly even be drive into the Delaware River. I am not sure if it's still like that now but it was years ago.

Yahoo! Maps - Philadelphia, PA 19147-1532

I'm not sure if I'm just not seeing it but I don't see Mount Laurel on this map. In any case, Abilene's on South Street is located at the red star by the word Philadelphia, and they would have been traveling to Mount Laurel which is somewhere between Maple Shade and Marlton to the east.

Since I'm not sure where Danielle's condo is in Mount Laurel, I typed in an address of a local cafe that's in a fairly central location in Mount Laurel. These are the driving directions that Yahoo Maps gave me from South Street to Mt. Laurel:

Yahoo! Driving Directions - Philadelphia, PA to Mount Laurel, NJ

I'm not positive, (maybe someone local can help me), but it appears that this would suggest using the Ben Franklin Bridge?

Driving Directions from 429 South St, Philadelphia, PA to 3131 Route 38, Mount Laurel, NJ

Directions from MapQuest. I'm not good with Route names and numbers but if I'm envisioning this correctly in my head, the 5th Street merge that they're talking about takes you on to the Benjamin Franklin Bridge. So it seems that if Danielle and Richard knew the area, it's most likely that they would have taken the Ben Franklin Bridge. The other two possibilities are Betsy Ross or Walt Whitman.

I don't believe that in the entire history of Philadelphia, there has ever been a case of someone accidently submerging their auto from one of the streets in that area. Beside the fact that none of the streets are that close - the water is so shallow that it just doesn't seem possible.

I know the Pine Barrens pretty well, and have done a lot of exploring and canoeing there. Most of the rivers are very shallow.

What I'm trying to say is that if that truck is submerged, it would have had to be planned ahead of time just where that would occur, and it would have been intentional, IMO.

It's also hard to imagine a carjacking in any of the areas from South Street to the bridge at 11:30 on a Saturday night without someone seeing or hearing something.

Is it true that her husband (or ex-husband) gave three different versions of where he was that night - and that he hasn't shown much concern about her whereabouts?

I don't want to cast asperions - I'd just like to know if this is true.

I was thinking of them yesterday when I drove through Center City and went over the Ben Franklin bridge.

It's not conceivable that someone could have picked up the speed anywhere in CC to plunge right into the river.

It just sounds more and more obvious that there was foul play involved.

wenchie said:
What I'm trying to say is that if that truck is submerged, it would have had to be planned ahead of time just where that would occur, and it would have been intentional, IMO.

It's also hard to imagine a carjacking in any of the areas from South Street to the bridge at 11:30 on a Saturday night without someone seeing or hearing something.

Is it true that her husband (or ex-husband) gave three different versions of where he was that night - and that he hasn't shown much concern about her whereabouts?
I agree with your first paragraph completely. As a fellow local, I just don't see an accident of that type happening in this case.

As for a carjacking, there have been quite a few in recent months, and if I'm not mistaken, one just happened this past week in broad daylight. I don't know many of the details but I could do a Web search this evening if you'd like the info. I don't even remember what state it was, and since we get news for PA, NJ, and Delaware, it could be a long search! :)

I haven't heard the story about her husband's variety of stories. Unfortunately, lately I've heard nothing at all. Let us know if you come across any links.

Rachael said:
Is it normal to carjack a car with two occupants (especially a man and a woman)?
Good question. I imagine that if you want a car badly enough, you might, especially if you have a gun. What type of vehicle did they have again? And does anyone know how desireable a car of that type is?

I remember some of the details of the recent carjacking. I believe it was a couple and their baby(?). The father went into a store while the mother and child waited in the parking lot with the engine running. Someone jumped into the car and took off with them in the car.

I'm not sure if were supposed to post links to other boards here.

Do you know how to get to the courttv message boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305