FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in the comments (and I know these are sometimes way off) about AC looking for somer, alone and obsessively for over 5 hours and had to be dragged back home.

Has anyone ever read anything about this? I have heard it before but cant recall where. I personally dont think its obsessive to look for his sister until he dropped. I cant imagine my son doing anything else if his sister was missing, or anyone who loved her for that matter... anyone with anything to back this rumor up?

That comment about the book bag was left on 10/22/2009....

OK someone is lying - but who?

I read in the comments (and I know these are sometimes way off) about AC looking for somer, alone and obsessively for over 5 hours and had to be dragged back home.

Has anyone ever read anything about this? I have heard it before but cant recall where. I personally dont think its obsessive to look for his sister until he dropped. I cant imagine my son doing anything else if his sister was missing, or anyone who loved her for that matter... anyone with anything to back this rumor up?

You didn't dream it, I remember it and I think it was relayed to us by DT in a video news report....

Anyone else recall??? Quick - before we disappear into one of the many pits!

Just wanted to pop in and say I am still here. Still hoping for justice every day for Somer! I'm finding it a bit hard to keep up since the demands of Christmas have taken over. Someone posted a link to a news article earlier in this thread where a comment was made under the news article that children had said that Somer liked to play in the woods.

I was reading a bit on here last night and someone was talking about triangles and the wooded area and I thought it may be significant. I'll try to find a link to that comment and post it later.

When my friend's child was kidnapped years ago, we friends went with the psychic reports that came to the parents. Since the child has not been found, I can't say if there was any accuracy to them or not.

One gave an actual address- it turned out that there was no such address. Another really reliable psychic friend who is great said it was a prank. That turned out not to be true. The rest of them were very nebulous and we did what could from them.

In my life I have had a couple of dreams that came out true about people that were totally tangential to my life. No crimes or anything like that. They weren't spot on, however. One was about a woman's husband who my dream said was a drug addict. A couple days later I read in the paper that it was her son. I just knew her very superficially. No impact on my life at all. And I had not heard anything about her family for any reason before the dream.

It seems like Cam and Sorrell both had the triangle.

1. If you look at Google, the wooded area that includes the Clothes Closet is a triangle shape from the air.

2. It could be a triangle of relationships-DT, SP, ST. Or ST, juvie perp, parent. Or some other triangle relationship.

3. A triangle needs three points. School, home , and the third point.

I think her scent disappearing is certainly telling. Did they have dogs the first night?

Trying to find the comment about Somer liking the woods I ran across this comment. It was made prior to Somer's body being found.

This girl has a history of running away before. Maybe she is with her father. I noticed he is not mentioned. I have high hope she is just hiding after the fight with her friend (hit her with her book bag) and is safe.

http://www.news4jax.com/news/21342995/detail.html

Sad - I popped in for a minute this a.m. to let you know that I feel like an idiot for asking you to take photos of the wooded areas around the OPAA and Orange Park neighborhood. Since LE hasn't arrested the person(s) who killed Somer, I would rather you not put yourself in any potentially risky situation on my account. Your safety is more important than a few pictures.

That comment about the book bag was left on 10/22/2009....

OK someone is lying - but who?

I wonder if this stems from another "rumor" I read. One of the neighbors saw S.'s purple Hannah Montana backpack still in her room! Hence the dropping of HP as THE description and on to one more predominantly pink in color vs. one described as "black".

ETA: You'd think with S. hitting someone with it there should have never been ANY descrepancy whatsoever about it's description. The sibling would know for a fact.

I searched videos at this first coast link for Somer Thompson and am going through videos. I couldn't find the one on dogs losing scent but maybe ccane will recognize it by name. I think I have it saved. BRB

Search for Somer Thompson in Orange Park
11 p.m. Report

Sheriff calls her Shannon (name of reporter I think). 100 units; utilizing dogs; intensive ground search using SWAT team; asks public to call with anything out of ordinary in neighborhood; clothing backpack that wasn't there before.

No AMBER Alert and CART alerts require certain criteria. This is being worked as missing child case. Those type of alerts may be forthcoming.

She was with twin brother and other children; there was a slight argument and she ran ahead. Last seen 2:45 p.m. Notified LE at around 5 p.m.

Somer Thompson Latest Search 10/20 6 p.m.
Mike P. (stick man, IIRC) tried to think like a 7 year old.

Crossing Guard Never Saw Somer 10/21
Miller and Gano and Grove Park and Gano -- not sure they saw Somer
DeBarry and Gano -- she is positive she did not see Somer

Search for Somer Thompson 10/22 5:30 a.m. Report
Body found in Georgia may be Somer Thompson.

The Search at Somer's School 10/20 12 p.m. Report
LE stopping parents at Miller and Gano and taking information. First time GPE has ever had missing child; taking time to talk to kids and ease parents' concerns.

Clay County Students Visit Somer's Home on Day Off 10/23
Parents bringing kids there to see memorial. Not many kids outside; those that they see are being kept close to parents. Teaching their kids an important lesson. TN brought kids (C and A) to get the message of stranger danger to hit home. Gives nervous laugh when she says "we are certainly enforcing stranger danger."

Found it!

1GatorGirl 1 month ago
"I sure hope that is what it means! I called the other news station who claims to be aware since it wasn't even on their website. One of the little girls on my daughters cheer squad walked home with Summer today and they say she likes to play in the woods. Maybe she was simply mad at her siblings, but that doesn't mean that the highest alert should be posted. How disappointing the CC and OP Sheriff's departments have been in this case. They MUST know more than us! RIGHT?"

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4323199&highlight=lost+scent#post4323199

MommaD talking about corner where dogs lost scent but not exact link ...

And Ccane mentioned source in this post.
http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4438244&highlight=gano+debarry+scent#post4438244

IT WORKS ! TRY THIS !
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?maven_playerId=immersiveplayer&maven_referralPlaylistId=search&maven_referralObject=1303253181#/Search+Dogs+Follow+Scent%2C+Used+Bedsheets/49318341001

Video Source

OK. it worked for me (Search Dogs Follow Scent, Used Bedsheet 10/21 5 p.m.) ... it's the dog handler talking and how she used bed sheets. Comment at end is that they are not sure that the scent was not Somer's from a previous day.

I tried to choose Copy Link and got this
http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video...Dogs+Follow+Scent,+Used+Bedsheets/49318341001

When my friend's child was kidnapped years ago, we friends went with the psychic reports that came to the parents. Since the child has not been found, I can't say if there was any accuracy to them or not.

One gave an actual address- it turned out that there was no such address. Another really reliable psychic friend who is great said it was a prank. That turned out not to be true. The rest of them were very nebulous and we did what could from them.

In my life I have had a couple of dreams that came out true about people that were totally tangential to my life. No crimes or anything like that. They weren't spot on, however. One was about a woman's husband who my dream said was a drug addict. A couple days later I read in the paper that it was her son. I just knew her very superficially. No impact on my life at all. And I had not heard anything about her family for any reason before the dream.

1. If you look at Google, the wooded area that includes the Clothes Closet is a triangle shape from the air.

2. It could be a triangle of relationships-DT, SP, ST. Or ST, juvie perp, parent. Or some other triangle relationship.

I think her scent disappearing is certainly telling. Did they have dogs the first night?

Cam, IIRC - didn't you solve your triangle mystery????

It's ONLY 12 more sleeps 'til SANTA comes - do you think this mystery will be solved by then?????????????????

IF LE knew who they were after - YOU'D think they'd give the community & especially the family some PEACE for the holidays >>>>>>>> NO?????

Found it!

1GatorGirl 1 month ago
"I sure hope that is what it means! I called the other news station who claims to be aware since it wasn't even on their website. One of the little girls on my daughters cheer squad walked home with Summer today and they say she likes to play in the woods. Maybe she was simply mad at her siblings, but that doesn't mean that the highest alert should be posted. How disappointing the CC and OP Sheriff's departments have been in this case. They MUST know more than us! RIGHT?"

With all the news quotes I find what we dont hear more interesting
No one saying they saw DT,AC looking for this child..
No one claiming DT was at work..coworker .. she got a call and left?
No claiming they go to school with AC.. poor AC we know him?
No one claiming to be friends with SP .. He's a great guy ... off work that day

Since ya'll are sleuthing news link comments, and new names, I thought I'd throw one at you.

My grandkids will be here any minute, and I could use the change of pace.

I've got Trans-Siberian rockin on the iTunes :)

Here's the link. Check the top comment left... it's pretty random.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21554258/detail.html

Since ya'll are sleuthing news link comments, and new names, I thought I'd throw one at you.

My grandkids will be here any minute, and I could use the change of pace.

I've got Trans-Siberian rockin on the iTunes :)

Here's the link. Check the top comment left... it's pretty random.

http://www.wesh.com/news/21554258/detail.html

THAT it really is...rockin! LOVES it!! Enjoy!

Thanks for the link....so have you sleuthed him yet? yes talk about random.....but, ya just never kno.

(pssssssssttttttttttttt.....Did you hear Santa called Tiger a ho 3 times!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??? shouldn't it be more like 8 or 9 times hahahaha)

My mom once dreamed she and my sister went to a one of my other sister's house in a microwave oven. Another time she dreamed she was pregnant with PUPPIES. I dream a lot of stupid stuff sometimes, but I chalk it up to the sleep medication I take. My mama was a very wise person, and she said that most people don't dream in color, some do. She also had WARNing dreams and they ALL turned out to be warnings of deaths of someone she knew. She told me what to look for in WARNing dreams and I have had TWO of them in my lifetime - just as she said, those dreams turned out to mean something bad was going to happen to someone I knew, but I did not know beforehand who that person would be. Some dreams mean things and some don't. Just for information only, BOTH my WARNing dreams were in vivid colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eleanor D.