TX TX - Joshua Davis, 18 months, New Braunfels, 4 Feb 2011 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update - Monday 11PM False Leads Hampered Investigation

Authorities have ruled out foul play, says Lt. Michael Penshorn of the New Braunfels police, but investigators interviewed sex offenders nearby and have continued to question family and friends.

Police also have had to quash rumors and red herrings.

The latest was a frantic broadcast report that searchers ripped up the mobile home floor in a search for remains. In fact, according to police, searchers merely opened the trailer's apron and crawled under the home.

A Facebook post Sunday indicated the boy had been sighted on Hunter Road, on the other side of town. It proved to be false, but was discounted only after police sent officers and a dog team out to investigate it.

Another distraction centered on a toy that was found resting on a mailbox. Initial speculation was that it was too high for the child to have placed it there, indicating an adult's involvement in his disappearance. Penshorn, however, explained the ball was an old, forgotten toy found in high weeds and placed on the mailbox by a searcher Saturday or Sunday.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Bloodhounds-join-search-for-toddler-1001661.php

So yesterday (when this article was dated) LE says foul play ruled out...but the FBI shows up & they're saying they're looking at a possible abduction. (I'm guessing because they think baby Joshua should've been found by now.)

Hopefully by tomorrow LE will all be on the same page.

Did I read that dad said the dogs did not pick up his scent outside of the yard ? Then that tells me Joshua was put in a vehicle and driven away...moo

I'll see if I can find that link brb.....

ETA:

Still, as of Monday, police searches involving people, helicopters and dogs hadn't led to any signs of the boy.

"They had scent dogs out here, and (they) said there was no scent of him leaving the yard," the toddler's father, Josh Davis Sr., told CNN affiliate KENS. "So I don't see how he could have wandered off, or else they would have picked something up."

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktla-joshua-davis-missing,0,7686494.story

Sat 1130PM

The home and vehicles of a registered sex offender living across the street from the boy's family were searched, but no connection was found to the boy's disappearance, Penshorn added.

Police also searched inside Joshua's home several times, then went house to house in the area as a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from above.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Dozens-search-for-missing-toddler-in-New-Braunfels-998497.php

Sat 1130PM

The home and vehicles of a registered sex offender living across the street from the boy's family were searched, but no connection was found to the boy's disappearance, Penshorn added.

Police also searched inside Joshua's home several times, then went house to house in the area as a Texas Department of Public Safety helicopter searched from above.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/Dozens-search-for-missing-toddler-in-New-Braunfels-998497.php

Sorry. But I can't help but think about poor Jessica Lundsford, across the street from her grandparents home, and being held in a closet by a RSO, still alive, while police and search dogs are on the property, and even interviewing the homeowners.

So yesterday (when this article was dated) LE says foul play ruled out...but the FBI shows up & they're saying they're looking at a possible abduction. (I'm guessing because they think baby Joshua should've been found by now.)

I hope so too. I think LE were damned if they do, damned if they don't. If they looked for an abducted child first thing - no way could they have put 100's of searchers, divers and a drone on the ground - so they took a gamble and so far it hasn't paid off.

If he is out there (on his own his own devises) TES should be able to find him him pretty quick - they seem to have divine intervention or something that leads them to the spot no one else sees somehow.

Several of the links I posted were in response to questions I came across while catching up a few pages - someone asked about the house being searched, the RSO's being searched and the comment about the ball being placed on the mailbox - just trying to kill two birds with one stone (so to speak).

Sorry. But I can't help but think about poor Jessica Lundsford, across the street from her grandparents home, and being held in a closet by a RSO, still alive, while police and search dogs are on the property, and even interviewing the homeowners.

I hear you...

Christopher Barrios, Jr - age 6 - Canal Mobile Home Park, Brunswick, GA. A trailer park, in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals.

Assaulted and murdered by the SO across the street.

I know the first repost from Sat (? or Sunday AM) said the homes nearby had all been checked, but todays news said they hoped to finish by dusk (tonight).

LE had to search initially but I doubt they were so naive to think he only could have wandered off. Sounds like they have been doing all they can from the start, with the door-to-door etc. I'm not sure if they can demand access to homes, even in a situation like this. I wish they could, in the case of a small child missing.

That pretty much sums it up: mom was watching a movie with him and he wandered out, reportedly to his dad where the dad said he kept pulling his hat off while the dad was trying to watch the basketball game (I think this part is important). Then the mom got concerned when she noticed little Joshua had not returned so she went looking for him. No one could find him, so they called the police.

Jumping from your post: I also think that part is important.

Seeing the pic of Josh Sr. smoking outside of the house at the beginning of the vigil made me think that he could have gone outside for a "smoke", and either let the baby out by mistake or disposed of him. And, nobody would have thought it strange that he was outside for a while. MOO

LE had to search initially but I doubt they were so naive to think he only could have wandered off. Sounds like they have been doing all they can from the start, with the door-to-door etc. I'm not sure if they can demand access to homes, even in a situation like this. I wish they could, in the case of a small child missing.

The only homes they can demand immediate access to is where there is an RSO. But they don't always register or update their addies. And they could also stash a child, like in an empty, abandoned or for sale property. Or they could have help.

Well yeah. But don't you find it a bit strange they didn't pick up his scent at all? I mean, he may not have wandered out on his own Friday night, but surely he had been outside before Friday night?

I for one find it a bit strange. Well, actually I guess I don't. They're not using SAR dogs, so I don't find any of it strange.

I still would not be surprised to see him found in a small body of water nearby. I really don't feel like they have cleared the area. He's tiny, he's easy, really easy to miss, and if he's in water, even a few feet, well.....

Parallel investigations absolutely, but let's truly clear a mile grid too.

I hear you...

Christopher Barrios, Jr - age 6 - Canal Mobile Home Park, Brunswick, GA. A trailer park, in a rural area surrounded by woods and tidal canals.

Assaulted and murdered by the SO across the street.

I know the first repost from Sat (? or Sunday AM) said the homes nearby had all been checked, but todays news said they hoped to finish by dusk (tonight).

The man who murdered Christopher was living there because he was forced to move there, he was living to close to a park.

Christopher was living there because his father was limited on where he could live, also to comply with the residency restrictions.

The man who murdered Christopher was a registered sex offender, for crimes against 7 and 9 year old boys, 10 years earlier.

Christopher's father was a registered sex offender, for a statutory rape conviction, 10 years earlier.

In Joshua's case I don't think there is a sex offender involved at all. Registered or not. I think that he may have wandered away and they simply haven't brought in the right dogs to find him... or it was someone who was at the house that night.

I wonder if they have REALLY checked all of the little places he could be. There are so many of them...

I just hope there are answers. I don't want to see another one go unsolved.

<snip>

Meanwhile, family members continue to wait and hope, and say while Joshua did wander out of the home, they believe there is more to the story.

"There is no scent of the baby walking away. Obviously somebody had to have taken him, because they have scent of him in the yard, but not of him wandering off. So somebody had to have picked him up, or something, you know, that's what I believe," said Olivia Fernandez, the boy's aunt.

more here

http://www.ksat.com/news/26795647/detail.html

I agree, I don't think the pushing of a criminal investigation now has to do with any particular suspicious circimstance except they can't find his little body. That said, there are so many places for a toddler to get into that someone may not have looked and there is no guarantee they had the right sort of dogs.

A lot of it for me hinges on the search practices here. Yup, they used dogs, but quite possibly not the right ones. The cadaver dogs not hitting at the residence is a good thing, but the search dogs not hitting outside the backyard is a downright negative sign. They should have found something, even if it was an old trail.

There has been so much diversion, people basing their assumptions on an old ball that neither belonged to Joshua nor has any bearing on this case. People focusing on the RSO, even though Joshua is not the type of child that he was convicted of going after. Red herring after red herring.

And then we have the media and LE...the media cannot make up their minds on this case, the same reporters that seem to vilify the parents in the morning, are writing glowing reviews of their dedication the same evening, and let's not forget that a few of these red herrings have hit MSM without any fact checking with LE. And then there is LE themselves, with one branch saying "no foul play" and another saying "Yes, foul play is a possibility." The parents say LE isn't listening to them, and LE doesn't seem to be sharing much info with the parents, which I guess is understandable.

The article with LE saying they will only be following targeted tips from this point on...they don't believe he's out there on his own. Yet, they insist (some branches) that that is exactly what they believe. Where is all the diversion coming from, and why? If it were just the family doing it, that would say something to me about the perp, but it's not the family. They have done a bit, the media has done a bit, and LE has done a bit. Who's really to blame for this child not being found yet?

So the Mom was watching Toy Story for about 40 minutes by herself in the bedroom?
Not knowing where the child was at the time but knowing he is very mobile.Does anyone
else think something is wrong here.I know when my kids were little I would watch a kid movie with them,sometimes over and over.To watch one by myself is another thing.A house with all these people and she is in their by herself?.Someone help me with this please.I sure hope they find him soon

The mom is a few weeks from her due date. My guess was she laid down with him and dozed off-and he went to the room with his dad.

So the Mom was watching Toy Story for about 40 minutes by herself in the bedroom?
Not knowing where the child was at the time but knowing he is very mobile.Does anyone
else think something is wrong here.I know when my kids were little I would watch a kid movie with them,sometimes over and over.To watch one by myself is another thing.A house with all these people and she is in their by herself?.Someone help me with this please.I sure hope they find him soon
It wasn't 40, it was 10, up until that point Joshua had been popping back into the bedroom every few minutes. That's why when 10 minutes passed with no sign of him, it was enough to alert her that something was wrong. That is the story that we keep hearing from mom and apparently, that is supported by dad. I can't tell you how many times I've had my kids in bed for an hour, and all three adults here will suddenly realize that we are watching Handy manny or Mickey Mouse. And she may not have been just sitting there watching the movie with him. She may have been trying to relax or get him to lay down with her. Remember, she is almost 9 months pregnant. There are times at that stage of pregnancy that you just don't want anyone else around. (Kids are different.) And remember, she knew he was mobile, but so did his father and the five other adults that were just a few feet away.

Someone said there is footage of the dad going outside to have a cigarette. Did they have a strict no smoking rule in the house? To where more than one person could have been ducking outside multiple times to smoke? That wouldn't raise an alarm, might not even raise a memory. And it would be easy for a door to accidentally be left unlocked and/or open if you have a lot of people ducking in and out for a mundane reason like having a cigarette.

I just don't think the parents did it. (Of course, I really wanted to believe that Caylee had a nanny too, so it's not like I've never been wrong.)

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/08/texas.missing.boy/

There are comments on this article that suggest that the pizza delivery guy came in and hung out for awhile and that the party was spread over several houses in the immediate area. As far as I know, this is just rumor, but has anyone else heard anything to this effect? I know this is the first I had heard of it.

It wasn't 40, it was 10, up until that point Joshua had been popping back into the bedroom every few minutes. That's why when 10 minutes passed with no sign of him, it was enough to alert her that something was wrong. That is the story that we keep hearing from mom and apparently, that is supported by dad. I can't tell you how many times I've had my kids in bed for an hour, and all three adults here will suddenly realize that we are watching Handy manny or Mickey Mouse. And she may not have been just sitting there watching the movie with him. She may have been trying to relax or get him to lay down with her. Remember, she is almost 9 months pregnant. There are times at that stage of pregnancy that you just don't want anyone else around. (Kids are different.) And remember, she knew he was mobile, but so did his father and the five other adults that were just a few feet away.

Someone said there is footage of the dad going outside to have a cigarette. Did they have a strict no smoking rule in the house? To where more than one person could have been ducking outside multiple times to smoke? That wouldn't raise an alarm, might not even raise a memory. And it would be easy for a door to accidentally be left unlocked and/or open if you have a lot of people ducking in and out for a mundane reason like having a cigarette.

I just don't think the parents did it. (Of course, I really wanted to believe that Caylee had a nanny too, so it's not like I've never been wrong.)

Thanks for correcting me:)I am just trying to work through this and I would
love to think the parents had nothing to do with this.::innocent:

I've been following this case from the start and I'm finding it quite baffling. But I have a feeling when we find out what happened it will seem obvious, if that makes sense?
Anyway I don't have anything of interest to add, I just hope they find the poor baby soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member