Armchair psych profile and personal background

Status
Not open for further replies.
~n/t~ I appreciate what you wrote and find myself wanting to completely agree with you but my hesitation is based on one question: Is Magnotta someone that would share past crimes/skeletons with a shrink knowing that he wouldn't receive the positive/negative attention/feedback he craves and that such information could be used against him?

Appreciate insights anyone might have to share.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Hastings, I'm not sure I understand your question. We know he refused the psych evaluation and some experts weighed in with opinions based on what they know of Eric Newman. Some of the same information we know of him and their opinion is Eric Newman is so narcissistic that being evaluated for 30 days and the world knowing he is institutionalized and labelling him as mentally ill was not part of his plan. His plan is/was to be famous. Like all those before him who recieved international coverage and books written about them and even movies.

If he is locked up in a mental ward, it's over. No trial, no jury, no media, no cameras. He will be a nobody. His choice to go with judge and jury, the trial will last at least 3 months. He will perhaps make front page and people will talk about him and this case for years to come.

That was his plan all along. He didn't want to take that risk,

:moo:

I hope I answered your question. It's still early and I may need more coffee. lol

We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I watched the entire Casey Anthony thing. I'm sorry but I don't put these two cases together. First of all, I Casey Anthony killed her child. A child. Casey Anthony was a spoiled brat with an attitude problem. In my mind, these two cases are not comparable. Even if Zanny does rhyme with Manny.

I think you may have missed my point. They both created fantasy worlds which amounted to very elaborate lies about their real lives.

It has nothing to do with rhyming. It has to do with psychopathy.

Someone over at Best Gore seems to capture the essence of LRM quite well. ;)

From what I’ve found, the guy has absolutely no sense of self: Take the films American Psycho, Basic Instinct, To Die For (which, if nobody knew, is about a narcissistic woman who will do anything to be on TV, including killing her husband), add obsessions with various other serial killers such as the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, and Karla Homolka, combined with Nazism, Hitler, Stalin, the Russian mafia, a bit of Satanism, the Illuminati, a 1996 video game called Ripper, Madonna, James Dean, and finally throw in some claims to necrophilia, cannibalism, bi polar disorder and schizophrenia…..and you have Luka Magnotta. One big ****nut of tropes, clichés, and overall emptiness.

IMO ...obfuscation, to further toy with people, displaying mastery over people since he has tended to feel powerless. And to evade detection. If the picture of who he is is too complicated it's hard to control him. My sense is that Luka is more concerned with a feeling of control--avoiding being controlled at all costs--than he is with real life success. Also, he appears to have wanted to outdo other sickos (in a strange, paradoxical, original-unoriginal way, patchworking different personas). Further, this would be a slight against a wannabe criminal and someone innocent. ...perhaps victimization of others as a means to avoid victimization of the self, which might point to a severe form of complex PTSD as well as the violentization process.

So really, using this person's name would likely fulfill Luka's psychological drive in multiple ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder

http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/tchessay64.htm

I did not know this. There is little research on the net about this.
LM even uses this innocent person's middle name as well I believe. What is LM trying to gain from this?

I also think its selfish but thats my opinion. I think you might be projecting your own sexual norms/morals onto LM and extracting conclusions from that. Sexuality is much more complex than your life experience and thoughts about it are. There hasnt been much scientific research done about the sexuality of psychopaths but what has been done is clear, it differs grately from ours. So using our own experience and ways of giving meaning to it doesnt work.

Again about the selfish part, even if he isnt a psychopath. He is asking for people to do things to him that you would deem to find degrating. But its him who is asking for it. The thing I learned from having some pretty kinky BDSM friends... that its the sub who tells the dom what will/or can not be done in their play... so a lot of the power, contrary to what most people think lays with the sub. So in this case I think its about him... either to shock people by the post or what he wants to have done to him for his own satisfaction (how disgusting you might think those things are)...

My 2 cents...
Much has been written about his ( I just learned, yesterday what trolling meant!)writings as being for shock and attention. However while reading this post it struck me that , as ill as he is, those request might be his authentic sexual wants.
And then, add in his pathological control issues , rage and power stuff --maybe NONE of that was attn seeking stuff.

Believe me, I'm no babe in the woods when it comes to kink. And it surely is about him in a certain way. But even if you want to call it selfishness, it's deranged selfishness. Imo, no sane person feels "powerful" while eating feces...their own or someone elses. jmo
IMO, tie urinating/defecating back into power control dynamics.

What must we all learn about both functions - to control them until approp to let go of control. Being out of control with both is, generally, negative.
So, with LM are we all back to control pathology.

Also, I would deeply suspect that very bad things (abuse / household) happened, when he was, little and had an accident. Might wanting to play with feces be a acting out regarding potty training
In addition, most think either urine or feces are full of germs. He described mom as a germaphobic -- more acting out, defiance, rage and *advertiser censored** you mom??

This is a critical point, imo. I draw the line at defense lawyers who simply make chit up knowing perfectly well that their clients are guilty. I know some think that's fine, but I don't. However, you can treat or defend a client based on facts without compromising your ethics. I think his lawyers could totally legitimately put forward an insanity defense in this case. Again, not to excuse him, but to keep him confined in the proper space. Might not fly, but I don't think they would be unethical to do so under the circumstances.
I really kind of think that IN THIS case-- there is without a doubt just no other choice. I mean the video is the video - is there any way, when you add up the whole last 12 months that any person could come up with the notion of reasonable doubt?
Did LM really kill J?

IMO, unless the jury is on LSD(!) or something there is NO other avenue here.

ALso does anyone know of any other case, wherein video of an actual killing was in the prosecutions hands BEFORE any proceedings?

Someone over at Best Gore seems to capture the essence of LRM quite well. ;)

From what I’ve found, the guy has absolutely no sense of self: Take the films American Psycho, Basic Instinct, To Die For (which, if nobody knew, is about a narcissistic woman who will do anything to be on TV, including killing her husband), add obsessions with various other serial killers such as the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs, Ian Brady and Myra Hindley, and Karla Homolka, combined with Nazism, Hitler, Stalin, the Russian mafia, a bit of Satanism, the Illuminati, a 1996 video game called Ripper, Madonna, James Dean, and finally throw in some claims to necrophilia, cannibalism, bi polar disorder and schizophrenia…..and you have Luka Magnotta. One big ****nut of tropes, clichés, and overall emptiness.

Yeah, all that and I wonder if he'll say Alexis Valoran Reich (original youtube vid poster) or Delia Reich (AKA John Mark Karr)...is the one who made him do it. Or maybe he used that name to post the vid because he viewed this person as another one that got away with it as disappeared from society after getting famous. Given the fact that Kerr later changed his name to Reich, maybe they have a nazi connection. It's kind of ironic that LM ended up getting busted in Germany of all places. It's all so twisted and clear as mud.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/05/john_mark_karr_formed_jonbenet.php

Thought this was an interesting blog. If I can't post blog links, I'll delete it!

http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/23/sandusky-magnotta-williams-homolka-what-is-our-duty/
Hi,
You know, you and I are on the same page on this theme!

Shoot, in this case I have not even heard anything akin to -- It’s not enough to say: “I told so-and-so that a child was at risk. I did my part.”

Well, maybe one person, the reporter ( I think Joe Warmington) who asked him if needed help after the interview.

I did not know this. There is little research on the net about this.
LM even uses this innocent person's middle name as well I believe. What is LM trying to gain from this?
IMO, I think it was a way for LM, to let everyone know that he is obsessed with serial killers,murderers, rapists, etc. That he loved deviance of any kind.

Hastings, I'm not sure I understand your question. We know he refused the psych evaluation and some experts weighed in with opinions based on what they know of Eric Newman. Some of the same information we know of him and their opinion is Eric Newman is so narcissistic that being evaluated for 30 days and the world knowing he is institutionalized and labelling him as mentally ill was not part of his plan. His plan is/was to be famous. Like all those before him who recieved international coverage and books written about them and even movies.

If he is locked up in a mental ward, it's over. No trial, no jury, no media, no cameras. He will be a nobody. His choice to go with judge and jury, the trial will last at least 3 months. He will perhaps make front page and people will talk about him and this case for years to come.

That was his plan all along. He didn't want to take that risk,

:moo:

I hope I answered your question. It's still early and I may need more coffee. lol
On this issue, IMO, I think this was SOLELY lawyer. Pretty confident the lawyer set pretty clear boundaries. If I am going to deal with the case , you will let me be the one making the decisions. Is that clear? !

I think by not doing eval now, look how it worked out - NOTHING is happening for 9 months as it stands now! We all know in March more dancing.
Buying time legally.

Hey, you got me on tape mutulating another human being - not really sure if I would have anything in my closet that could quite outshock that , no?

Just legal buying time. Media in a year and half the trial ,in AMerica, IMO, page 4 blurb from day one of the trial (and remember guys IMO, I do not think he will be alive (suicide or killed in jail- JMO!)

On this issue, IMO, I think this was SOLELY lawyer. Pretty confident the lawyer set pretty clear boundaries. If I am going to deal with the case , you will let me be the one making the decisions. Is that clear? !

I think by not doing eval now, look how it worked out - NOTHING is happening for 9 months as it stands now! We all know in March more dancing.
Buying time legally.

Hey, you got me on tape mutulating another human being - not really sure if I would have anything in my closet that could quite outshock that , no?

Just legal buying time. Media in a year and half the trial ,in AMerica, IMO, page 4 blurb from day one of the trial (and remember guys IMO, I do not think he will be alive (suicide or killed in jail- JMO!)

I disagree with your first paragraph. Ultimately, the accused decides.

As for your theory that he will kill himself, I don't see how considering he's being watched 24/7 but hey, maybe someone will turn their backs for a couple of hours and slip him a cord or something. I wish.

IMO ...obfuscation, to further toy with people, displaying mastery over people since he has tended to feel powerless. And to evade detection. If the picture of who he is is too complicated it's hard to control him. My sense is that Luka is more concerned with a feeling of control--avoiding being controlled at all costs--than he is with real life success. Also, he appears to have wanted to outdo other sickos (in a strange, paradoxical, original-unoriginal way, patchworking different personas). Further, this would be a slight against a wannabe criminal and someone innocent. ...perhaps victimization of others as a means to avoid victimization of the self, which might point to a severe form of complex PTSD as well as the violentization process.

So really, using this person's name would likely fulfill Luka's psychological drive in multiple ways.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_post-traumatic_stress_disorder

http://www.csudh.edu/dearhabermas/tchessay64.htm
Re: innocent person's middle name

He relates to being victimized AND victimizing others possibly?
IMO , back to power /control!
When I was the victim I was powerless - when I am victimizing someone I have ALL the power and control.

Yeah, all that and I wonder if he'll say Alexis Valoran Reich (original youtube vid poster) or Delia Reich (AKA John Mark Karr)...is the one who made him do it. Or maybe he used that name to post the vid because he viewed this person as another one that got away with it as disappeared from society after getting famous. Given the fact that Kerr later changed his name to Reich, maybe they have a nazi connection. It's kind of ironic that LM ended up getting busted in Germany of all places. It's all so twisted and clear as mud.

http://blogs.sfweekly.com/thesnitch/2010/05/john_mark_karr_formed_jonbenet.php
My goodness the German angle is , gosh, I do not know what it is!
It is a startling thing you pointed out , however.

I disagree with your first paragraph. Ultimately, the accused decides.

As for your theory that he will kill himself, I don't see how considering he's being watched 24/7 but hey, maybe someone will turn their backs for a couple of hours and slip him a cord or something. I wish.
The guards are people too, and respectfully, very respectfully , the general feeling I get here is most would love to just kill him.

But they will not keep him on, "one on one" for 9 months - staffing/ $$!!

One scenario that you may not have thought of is that perhaps the prescribed medication is something fairly new. Perhaps during his incarceration in Germany his lawyer had him see a psychiatrist who is the one that prescribed the meds for depression, etc. We do not know the dosage which could very well be extremely low. This could me a very calculated move by the defense. This may be the only venue they have to fight the Crowns allegations.

Also many of you, when you saw the word "dysfunctional " , thought that what LM posted about abuse was true. My definition of dysfunctional is much broader, and having read a lot of lies from LM, I am starting to think that what the aunt meant was not what LM alluded to. I can't trust his words at all at this point.

The guards are people too, and respectfully, very respectfully , the general feeling I get here is most would love to just kill him.

But they will not keep him on, "one on one" for 9 months - staffing/ $$!!

He will stay in isolation for the 9 months, his lawyers will see to that.

In regards to this article http://blogs.canada.com/2012/06/23/sandusky-magnotta-williams-homolka-what-is-our-duty/, I couldn't help wondering about some things.

In the past he clearly made some acquaintances and/or friends. Even relationships, not long ones, but still. All those stories discribe "red flag moments". But the stories never revealed whether or not someone took action after those "red flag moments". They simply state " he made jokes about killing animals" or " He suffered from mood swings " (I just took 2 examples, matou contributed a whole list about what has been said, thanks for that ), but there is no word about how the interviewed has reacted on those occassions, other then " yes I found it disdurbing ", " I stopped seeing him ".

A natural reaction when noticing red flags or even danger is: omg, I need to get out of this ASAP. But if you are acquaintances and/or friends with someone for a certain timespan, also a normal reaction is, that you develop a certain feeling of "caring " or
" well-being " for this person, otherwise you wouldn't hang out with them. I keep wondering whether his former acquaintances or friends, reached out a hand. Asking why he felt a certain way or crave fame for example. Or did they simply turned their backs on him, just for their own sake.

Now I don't try to put the blame on anyone here, just some things I was wondering about. Just food for thought basicly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcerPacer