GUILTY TN - Chris Newsom, 23, & Channon Christian, 21, murdered, Knoxville, 6 Jan 2007 #20

Vanessa Coleman get a makeover per the judges orders.

The victims have NO rights.

Channon Christian will NEVER get to have a makeover because these jerks made sure she didn't.
and neither will Chris.

i'm outraged.....

I'm glad Nancy Grace decided to air a story about this horrific case.

http://www.facebook.com/NancyGraceHLN

Vanessa Colemans retrial began today

Judge has ruled that there will be no mention of what happened to Chris once the details of the kidnap has been explained to the jury, as Coleman was only convicted of facillitation to kidnap in respect of the charges that related to Chris, so his rape and murder will not feature in her retrial,

the jury is made up of 6 males, 6 females, 5 caucasion, 7 african american,

I think Takisha and Leland will prosecute her once again, and from reading around the news articles seems she may receive lesser sentence this time round due to less charges as most of the charges relating to Chris are gone

opening statements, and once again defence arguing that Coleman should be granted immunity that she says she was offered when she agreed to assist LE post the crimes,

having watched all the trials first time round seems it will be a presentation of the same evidence and the same defence,

Judge Blackwood has been removed from deciding whether the other 3 get a retrial, a decision has yet to be made whether they will or not

and once again the families have to go through it all again, they must think that it will never end

Day One: http://www.wate.com/story/20081837/witness-testimony-begins-in-trial-against-vanessa-coleman

Immunity form debated

Before his opening statement, defense attorney Theodore Lavit asked the judge to admit an immunity form.

Coleman was initially granted a blanket immunity by both federal and state prosecutors in exchange for testimony against the other three defendants.

The immunity was granted before prosecutors realized her involvement in the case.

If the form were to be admitted in the case, it would mean that any testimony Coleman gave to prosecutors after signing the immunity form would be inadmissible in this case.

The prosecution argued that the form was not relevant to this case and the judge agreed and did not admit the form.

this breaks my heart for the families to have to go through this again, and again, and again.

I can't imagine what these families are going through AGAIN. 'Nessa isn't some babe in the woods for cripes sake, she KNEW what was going on. She gave Channon a drink of water by her own admission. She is as guilty as the other four, and IMO should be on death row.

JMO, IMO, :moo: , and all other disclaimers.

don't forget about the hearty breakfast she was fixing as poor Channon was being violated in another room. she makes me SICK!

I'm surprised more websleuthers aren't following the retrial.

I am following the retrial, watching as much of it live as I can, it so far has just been the same evidence and witnesses as the first trial, except VC has less charges in relation to CN

her defence is doing pretty good in mny opinion in focusing the jury on what she didn't do as opposed to what she did,

I do expect most of the verdicts will be guilty, but she may get a few years less than what she was sentenced to first time round, and I think that is what she and her atty's are aiming for

she and her att'y must expect guilty verdicts but she has a chance to try to get less jail time and a hope of being released whilst she still has some good years ahead of her,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff
Back