CANADA Canada - Jodi Henrickson, 17, Bowen Island BC, 20 June 2009

<snip>

Maz, I'm pretty sure this won't relate to Jodi. There was gunfire heard before the car fire, so I HIGHLY suspect this will have been a targeted gang hit. We've had a lot of gang killings in BC recently, and Abbotsford is a hotspot of gang activity. Most likely something related to the UN gang, the Red Scorpions, etc.

Having said all that, I am curious that a young girl from Squamish was partying on Bowen Island with plans to return to the mainland and on to another party at Cultus. Unless she had her own vehicle, she probably would have had some reasonably concrete travel plans with others in order to get to Cultus.

The teen was carrying a small purse with few clothes when she left for Bowen Island and did not have a cell phone, since it was recently cancelled due to high bills. She initially told her family she was going camping on Cultus Lake. Rob said it is unusual for his sister to be out of touch with her family, especially their mother.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Mis...ct+order+against+boyfriend/1747958/story.html

BBM above

Although I am hopeful this will have nothing to do with Jodi, we still need to be aware of the possibilities she could have made it off the island.

:cow:

Maz

The teen was carrying a small purse with few clothes when she left for Bowen Island and did not have a cell phone, since it was recently cancelled due to high bills. She initially told her family she was going camping on Cultus Lake. Rob said it is unusual for his sister to be out of touch with her family, especially their mother.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/Mis...ct+order+against+boyfriend/1747958/story.html

BBM above

Although I am hopeful this will have nothing to do with Jodi, we still need to be aware of the possibilities she could have made it off the island.

:cow:

Maz

I agree that, at this point, we need to be open to possibilities off Bowen Island.

And even if that incident doesn't directly relate to Jodi, it's important to keep criminal behaviours in the area in mind, just in case.

This case is so very sad. I can't believe there has been hardly any coverage of poor girl. So very strange to say the least. I hope for good news soon, a break in the case or at least more media coverage. Jodi and her family deserve more attention.

Another beautiful September morning, and still no news of Jodi. :(

I'm kind of hoping all those Labour Day weekend campers and such will result in someone finding something useful... Fingers crossed.

jody%20hendrickson%20june%2028%202009.jpg

1744286.bin

RCMP and North Shore Rescue are searching Bowen Island for a 17-year-old girl. Corporal Dave Ritchie says Jodi Henrickson was last seen at a party on Bowen Island early in the morning on June 20th.

Anyone who has information or was at the party is asked to call the RCMP's tip line at 604-947-0516.

Bumping.

geese-flying-into-sun-1.jpg

The geese are flying overhead. Summer is over. Still no sign of Jodi.

"Margaret, are you grieving
Over Goldengrove unleaving?
Leaves, like the things of man, you
With your fresh thoughts care for, can you?
Ah! as the heart grows older
It will come upon such sights colder
By and by, nor spare a sigh
Though worlds of wanwood leafmeal lie;
And yet you will weep and know why.
Now no matter, child, the name:
Sorrow's springs are the same.
No mouth had, no nor mind expressed
What heart heard of, ghost guessed:
Tis the blight man was born for,
Tis Margaret you mourn for."
Gerard Manley Hopkins