Found Deceased MI - Venus Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - # 4 *D. Stewart guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now could you please go measure the bed of DS' pick up truck and see if this size tarp could be used to enclose the bed since it (the tarp) seems to have holes in it for tieing it down? :)

You mean VS' pick-up truck, or is it? :beamup:

Now could you please go measure the bed of DS' pick up truck and see if this size tarp could be used to enclose the bed since it (the tarp) seems to have holes in it for tieing it down? :)

I recall that the tarp that LE is looking for is 8x8, and I can tell you as the owner of an extended cab dodge ram that an 8x8 tarp would be plenty big to cover the bed.

I've used one once before, but they suck for that, because, even tied to the cleats on the side of the bed, they still go flap flap flap when you drive above 30 MPH.

I've got several of those Ozark (Walmart brand) tarps, and I use them when we camp to put under the tent and to make a privacy wall between camp sites. They're woven poly, and the weave is kinda loose, so I don't think that the tarp would do that good of a job at containing blood.

MOO.

Finding a tarp on eBay that at one time or another was purchased at Walmart doesn't mean that it's the same brand, manufacturer or packaging of the tarp that was purchased in Ohio or the wrapper that was found in MI.

Ozark is walmart's brand, and last time I bought one was the only brand they carried.

Puf, while you're measuring the cab of the truck, just reach in and get that pesky receipt while you're at it. They will never miss it. TIA!

Puf, while you're measuring the cab of the truck, just reach in and get that pesky receipt while you're at it. They will never miss it. TIA!

Ha! Shall I grab you a Blue Moon from the ice chest while I'm out there? :p

I'm pretty sure the search warrants would break down the ownership of the truck for legal reasons and is correct, the truck was in Venus' name and the car in DS's name. I think the reporters just assume it's his cuz 1, it's a truck! and 2, he was in possession of it.

Finding a tarp on eBay that at one time or another was purchased at Walmart doesn't mean that it's the same brand, manufacturer or packaging of the tarp that was purchased in Ohio or the wrapper that was found in MI.
I know. :) And I was just thinking if it were similar to the one in the photo that it could possibly be used to cover the truck bed instead of to wrap her body in. I'm still trying to envision how this "tarp wrapper" (if used by the perp) got in the driveway since I can't see the perp taking the time to wrap her body that close to the house and the truck would be across the street? :waitasec: MOO

You mean VS' pick-up truck, or is it? :beamup:
From now on I'll refer to it as "the pick up truck similiar to the one shown repeatedly on Nancy Grace's show". Oh, forget it, that's too much to type! :D

From now on I'll refer to it as "the pick up truck similiar to the one shown repeatedly on Nancy Grace's show". Oh, forget it, that's too much to type! :D

I've never caught her show, it's on CNN, right?, maybe I can scrounge up some video of it on their website.

Ha! Shall I grab you a Blue Moon from the ice chest while I'm out there? :p
Please, and some ABC gum would hit the spot about now. And I'm always a sucker for petrified McNuggets-I must be cuz there's about a 100 in my van. :blushing:

Seriously, though, I do wonder why there's only trash from one meal for at least 26 hours of driving time, filling up, abducting your wife, etc. If he bothered to clean up and throw away the others, why not toss the receipt then too?
He should have grabbed some Bounty,too. It's the quicker picker upper, doncha know.

I've never caught her show, it's on CNN, right?, maybe I can scrounge up some video of it on their website.

Search youtube for user sierra1947. She archives all NG shows.

Also, on weeknights, you can go to ustream.com and search for user timer55, who broadcasts NG shows.

I'm not a fan of NG, BUT I've learned a lot from the relatives of victims that she always seems to have on her show.

Please, and some ABC gum would hit the spot about now. And I'm always a sucker for petrified McNuggets-I must be cuz there's about a 100 in my van. :blushing:

Seriously, though, I do wonder why there's only trash from one meal for at least 26 hours of driving time, filling up, abducting your wife, etc. If he bothered to clean up and throw away the others, why not toss the receipt then too?
He should have grabbed some Bounty,too. It's the quicker picker upper, doncha know.

LOL... you must have kids, too. When my son was little, there were McNuggets, french fries, tater tots-- a veritable buffet hidden in the crack of the seat.

I don't know about why only one meal, unless nerves. Maybe he didn't eat until the deed was done. Dunno.

I know. :) And I was just thinking if it were similar to the one in the photo that it could possibly be used to cover the truck bed instead of to wrap her body in. I'm still trying to envision how this "tarp wrapper" (if used by the perp) got in the driveway since I can't see the perp taking the time to wrap her body that close to the house and the truck would be across the street? :waitasec: MOO

If the perp unwrapped it around the block/down the street/whatever, and had the tarp and wrapper just in the bed of the truck, if the perp just reached in and grabbed the tarp to perhaps use to conceal her (or whatever initially was done with it) that the tarp wrapper could have just flown out unbeknownst to the perp as it was unfolded?

Or, when driving off, it could have flown out of the back of the bed of the truck if it was empty. A bit like the grocery/walmart/target store plastic sacks do when empty in truck beds. Though in that case it would be helpful to know whether the truck location would have put it in a place where it'd naturally drive past the house when leaving the area.

I noticed that in Doug's recent statement to the media, he said that he wouldn't appear on camera without his attorney's permission, and yet he goes ahead and makes a statement to the station (dunno if that was recorded by audio or simply written down).

I wonder if that's for reasons relating to the rules of evidence. That is, a video of a defendant making a statement is more likely to be admissible than a statement made to a 3rd party but without video? Like somehow having video of the defendant making the statement allows the statement to avoid being declared inadmissible hearsay.

I recall that Bruce Beresford-Redman, the survivor producer accused of murdering his wife down in Mexico, did almost the same thing: he contacted a radio station, i think, and made a statement. But did not appear on camera.

The 2 cases have other parallels (all simply coincidental, fwiw): both men were younger than their wives (29 Doug |32 Venus and 39 Bruce | 42 Monica), both couples have children aged 3 and 5 and both were in the midst of a breakdown of their marriages.

Link to a post containing Doug's recent statement:

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - MI MI - Venus Rose Stewart, 32, Colon, 28 April 2010 - ABDUCTED - #4

If the perp unwrapped it around the block/down the street/whatever, and had the tarp and wrapper just in the bed of the truck, if the perp just reached in and grabbed the tarp to perhaps use to conceal her (or whatever initially was done with it) that the tarp wrapper could have just flown out unbeknownst to the perp as it was unfolded?

Or, when driving off, it could have flown out of the back of the bed of the truck if it was empty. A bit like the grocery/walmart/target store plastic sacks do when empty in truck beds. Though in that case it would be helpful to know whether the truck location would have put it in a place where it'd naturally drive past the house when leaving the area.
According to news reports the suspicious man crouched by the gray pick up truck when she disappeared was supposed to be across the street, so I'm not seeing how it could've gotten into the driveway unless 1) the truck was there too, 2) it was still wrapping up the tarp when the perp was in the driveway or 3) it's coincidental but not the wrapper from the tarp on the 4/25 WalMart receipt. It does seem the purpose of the tarp would be to wrap up her body and conceal it as obviously being a body while being carried to the truck and while in the truck, though. I'm just surprised that the person who saw the man crouched by the truck didn't see anything else going on if they were suspicious of him. MOO

LOL... you must have kids, too. When my son was little, there were McNuggets, french fries, tater tots-- a veritable buffet hidden in the crack of the seat.

I don't know about why only one meal, unless nerves. Maybe he didn't eat until the deed was done. Dunno.

5 kids lol. I can prolly find an apple core, banana peel, yogurt cup,pb and j crusts, etc to represent all of the food groups.
I just thought of something. In the search warrant, they asked to seize all evidence that DS was en route to MI. The BG passes would be exculpatory, and weren't what was requested. So is that legal? Also, if the truck were there, I think it could have been left there without needing the passes, you would only need them to get into the park. Are we missing something from the SWs? Isn't there usually a cover sheet stating why they suspect someone? Has anyone seen that?

Maybe they took the BG parking passes in case they found the truck at Busch Gardens they could explain/establish the evidentiary trail that led them to it? But, yeah, it seems superfluous given that Busch Gardens parking lot is a basically a public space and they'd only need Busch Gardens permission to search the lot for the truck, if that.

Or maybe DS's alibi is connected to BG?

According to news reports the suspicious man crouched by the gray pick up truck when she disappeared was supposed to be across the street, so I'm not seeing how it could've gotten into the driveway unless 1) the truck was there too, 2) it was still wrapping up the tarp when the perp was in the driveway or 3) it's coincidental but not the wrapper from the tarp on the 4/25 WalMart receipt. It does seem the purpose of the tarp would be to wrap up her body and conceal it as obviously being a body while being carried to the truck and while in the truck, though. I'm just surprised that the person who saw the man crouched by the truck didn't see anything else going on if they were suspicious of him. MOO

(BBM) I agree. I wonder if the suspicious person then moved after being spotted, and perhaps the person who saw them figured he was then gone (not realizing the guy and truck were related?)?

As to #2, I guess I was just thinking if he took the tarp out of the wrapper, but maybe even still had it folded and setting on top of the wrapper, then if/when the tarp was grabbed, perhaps the wrapper then fell as he went to what may have then been a second hiding spot in the yard? I don't know...hard to try to imagine what a perp was thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998