IA IA - Kaidena 'Kay' Wood, 72, Norwalk, 30 July 2011

Reward in death of Iowa man, wife's disappearance (kansascity.com)

NORWALK, Iowa | The families of a central Iowa couple victimized in a fire and killing are setting up a reward fund for help in solving the case.
---
The Woods' families will hold a news conference Monday in Des Moines to announce the reward fund.
a bit more at link; no amount given yet for reward, hope it helps whatever it is

Website Launched to Raise Reward Fund

His wife, 72-year-old Kay Wood, remains missing but her family believes she was abducted and possibly killed. No one has been arrested in the case. The Wood’s truck was found the day after the fire in Kansas City, Missouri.

Guy Cook is an attorney for the Wood family, which hopes to raise a $100,000 reward fund. “I know, as a former federal prosecutor, how important a reward fund can be in generating leads and even a small piece of information can be a part of the puzzle that breaks open the case,” Cook said.

Iowans and others can donate to the reward fund through the website www.woodrewardfund.com. Cook says the website allows users to donate cash or pledge money which won’t be collected until there’s an arrest and conviction in the case.

The reward would be given to someone who provides information leading to an arrest and conviction. “I’m convinced that somebody knows something about what happened and a reward will help bring information to the surface to find Kay and arrest (the person) that committed this violent act,” Cook told Radio Iowa.

Snipped: http://www.radioiowa.com/2011/10/11...eward-fund-in-case-of-missing-norwalk-couple/

Was there any way of knowing if they purchased anything at the auction, and if so what did they purchase. Would they have paid in cash or by check, did people have to register for this auction? I wonder if they met someone at the auction, could that person have followed them home, or somehow knew their address? Somehow to me this feels like a robbery that went bad. You would also think Kay would have been found by now. What about all traffic cameras on the stretch of road that lead from their home to where the car was found? Are there any toll booths that the truck would have to go through to get to that destination?

http://www.kcci.com/news/mystery-behind-couples-death-continues-three-years-later/27223412#!bqZK7J

Three years ago today, authorities started investigating the murder of Bill Wood and the disappearance of Kay Wood...

A sketch was released for a person of interest in the case. That man was last seen near the Woods 2009 red Chevrolet Silverado pickup in Kansas City. The vehicle was found at the Cordillera Ranch Apartments at 8381 North Donnelly Ave in Kansas City, Missouri, on Sunday, July 31, 2011.

The person of interest is described as a white man in his late 40s to early 60s, 6 foot 2 inches to 6 foot 6 inches tall, with a slender build and short gray and white hair.

I remember they showed a man getting out of the couple's pickup in Kansas City. This was a while ago and I assume he hasn't been identified. What about any DNA in the truck? I don't remember him wearing gloves or hearing he "cleaned" the pickup cab. Maybe these were done and not reported. I can't believe there have been no leads on this case. 8-9 years later - no convictions - no justice.

It makes me wonder if the killer worked alone or by himself. It seems to me he would have been watching them for a while before acting. But, what was the motive? I wonder if he showed up to the home as a "salesman" just to see / feel the layout of the home.
I wonder if it was someone out-of-state, but why these 2 people?
It seems so organized. Because, as far as I know, there have been no leads. Nothing.

This case is a big mystery here in Iowa. I wonder where Israel Keyes was?

New to this particular case & have been wondering the same thing, though I presume this would have been looked into by investigators, after Keyes arrest.

( Apologies as I regurgitate known information about Israel Keyes...most of it is new to me)

We know Keyes admitted to sadistically murdering a married couple, Bill & Lorraine Currier, on June 8th 2011 in Vermont, having driven 1000 miles east from Chicago where he flew supposedly to meet his brother in Maine.

We know he travelled vast distances in order to kill & avoid detection, so travelling 1200 miles west in 6 weeks, to murder again, would not have been a problem.

Perhaps he developed a liking for sadistically killing couples & raping the women.

Perhaps he didn’t admit to these murders with the couple being older than his usual victims ( though I believe he didn’t have a typical victim profile)

As with Kay Wood, the bodies of the Curriers’ have never been found.

After dumping the Wood’s vehicle in Kansas City ( known) the killer could have picked up a rental car ( previously hidden there) to return to Chicago, for a flight...or flown from Kansas....presumably anywhere?

Keyes next known victim was Samantha Koenig in Anchorage Alaska in Feb 2012 after which having travelled to New Orleans, the Gulf of Mexico & then back to Alaska, he was noted to be using Samantha’s bank cards as he travelled across SW United States, leading to his eventual arrest in Texas.

I suppose Keyes has been looked at for very many unsolved murders in the US over this time period.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back