LA - Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette, 19 May 2012 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Entering her senior year, University of Louisiana at Lafayette graduation was last weekend. What are the rules in regards to posting text messages? I've been getting some info but I can't confirm anything right now.

Nurse, my dad is from Germany and we were just there in February, and you're so right. Everyone on their bikes all the time. The bike community in Lafayette is HUGE, so it's not uncommon to see people on their bikes at all times of the day and night.

Entering her senior year, University of Louisiana at Lafayette graduation was last weekend. What are the rules in regards to posting text messages? I've been getting some info but I can't confirm anything right now.

Nurse, my dad is from Germany and we were just there in February, and you're so right. Everyone on their bikes all the time. The bike community in Lafayette is HUGE, so it's not uncommon to see people on their bikes at all times of the day and night.

you can get verified as a local to the case (directions are at the link below)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167277"]Rules Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

OldSteve, BW is not her boyfriend, just a close friend. And yes, she has ridden from there to home at that time of night before.

Thanks for info... don't want to sound snarky, but did friend want something more?

I was so hoping to log on and see some good news.

Not sure if this has been asked and answered, but how many time has she traveled this route and how often? I know she is an avid bicyclist, just a little worried if she does travel this route often someone has been watching her.

Today – the day that would be Mickey Shunick’s 22nd birthday – hundreds arrived by car, bike and foot to 100 Ryan St. in effort to spread the word about the missing woman, who has not been seen since about 2 a.m. Saturday.

Mickey’s father, Tom Shunick, expressed anger that the investigation could not begin in full force until today but gratitude for the volunteers dedicated to the cause.

“None of the video cameras got checked over the weekend because the managers weren’t in and waited two days to check the video cameras,” he said. “If somebody has abducted her and taken her on the interstate or something, they got a two day head start. But I’m really impressed with all of this over here. I’ve never seen such support.”

http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...ckey-Shunick-s-22nd-birthday?odyssey=nav|head

aside: I just keep thinking of her poor parents trying to host a graduation for her brother (what an exciting time) and at the same time looking for Mickey and worrying about what happened to her :-(

I feel for BW, he looks sincere, seems like a gentle soul...
since I didn't see tears, I'm not 100% certain though...

I noticed in the pictures pj posted that there are several trash totes sitting out along the road... I surly hope they have checked all of these/halted pickup until they can be checked out

BW also kept saying "is" and referring to MS in the present form not past tense like seen in so many other cases where someone is a suspected POI and slips etc. JMO

Respectfully snipped:
The bike community in Lafayette is HUGE, so it's not uncommon to see people on their bikes at all times of the day and night.

Not arguing, but wondering since I am not familiar with the area: How common is it to see a beautiful young woman riding alone 2am in Lafayette.

queenofcorona:

info for the family (what to do when a loved one is missing.. has several useful links)
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31441"]Resources for Families of the Missing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Has a donation account been set up for her? Inquiries from donors coming in locally and from out of state.

Respectfully snipped:

Not arguing, but wondering since I am not familiar with the area: How common is it to see a beautiful young woman riding alone 2am in Lafayette.

Not uncommon. Especially on a Sat night in the college area.

Are they not saying ANYTHING about any sort of surveillance yet? Has there not been ONE single video of her on any of the roads she may have traveled on? Not only do you have places of business that have cameras (stores, banks, etc.) but in Lafayette we have live traffic cameras, and then there are the speed/red light cameras...I think those record at all times to be able to catch people speeding/running red lights and you can watch the traffic cameras on your iphone. Surely there must be ONE video that catches her somewhere so that the police/people have a better idea of where to look.

Also, even though I'm happy the police are finally on this case, and while I understand that an adult has the right to come & go as they please and & I understand why the police would generally want to wait out a time period before classifying someone as a missing person, there must be some sort of middle ground for those rules. If she was abducted, someone now has quite a headstart on the search efforts. She apparently- from what EVERYONE says about her- would NOT be the type to disappear and she has done so under (what I would consider) somewhat suspicious circumstances- at 2 am, on a bike. I wish the police had stepped in on Saturday or Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82