WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something has been bothering me about PC and the search before MC was found. Let me know if I'm way off base with this...

LE has stated that the search dogs lost the trail/scent at the pavement. In my understanding search dogs are giving an item of clothing (etc) with the scent of the specific person for whom they are searching. This allows the dogs to sort out other scents and follow one particular "trail". There had to me numerous other people around the vehicle before the search dog arrived and picked up a scent meaning LE directed the dog after a specific person/scent and I would assume it to be MC. So... either MC was up in PC, or LE have a POI. I think MC had to be up in PC. Am I wrong?

The bloodhounds did not pick up any scent. I think it was an early rumor they did, but they didn't. I have a link floating around if you want to see it?

Something has been bothering me about PC and the search before MC was found. Let me know if I'm way off base with this...

LE has stated that the search dogs lost the trail/scent at the pavement. In my understanding search dogs are giving an item of clothing (etc) with the scent of the specific person for whom they are searching. This allows the dogs to sort out other scents and follow one particular "trail". There had to me numerous other people around the vehicle before the search dog arrived and picked up a scent meaning LE directed the dog after a specific person/scent and I would assume it to be MC. So... either MC was up in PC, or LE have a POI. I think MC had to be up in PC. Am I wrong?

I believe that you are correct about the dogs. It could be that the dogs used the scent from the driver’s seat, or even the first track. It is too bad that there are so many holes in this case.

Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85203917.html#idc-container

This statement has raised a lot of questions. When I first read it I took it to mean that the camera was running from the time she pulled until the time she left that particular lot because the camera there is always on.

Unless there were some kind of threats/harassment that took place days prior that we don't know about I don't know why her car would be placed under surveillance.

She could have been involved in something police were watching, but nothing about her character seems to really point to major illegal activity. IMO

That said, CB is a popular vacation/party destination, and BC's Facebook page lists him as a fan of Crystal Mt. (skiier?), so maybe he is familiar with Mission Ridge?

Gah! IDK!

When the Tacoma person was first mentioned I didn't think much of it because I agree that it appears this was done by someone who knew the area. However, you have just convinced me that it is a possibility. Anyone who visits Mission Ridge frequently would probably know Pitcher Canyon Rd. They might not know where it leads or that it is a dead end, but they would know where it was. Based on the fact that it is such a stupid place to leave a vehicle you don't want found, it is very possible they drove up not realizing it ended. I still feel strongly that someone intended to move it later, but observant neighbors crushed that plan.

I don't ski or snowboard, but many people do. There are a lot of people that come here over the winter months specifically for Mission Ridge. There are also a lot of people who come here over the summer months specifically for CB. I believe it is Labor Day weekend that all of the teens go out there for a giant party with people from all over the state.... Although it is pretty much like that all summer.

Anyway, now I have rambled on and on. My point is simply that you all have convinced me that it doesn't have to be a local. Way to be persuasive!!

Again, I am new here but I am wondering why you would be interested in this information.

Same thing with the cat who was wondering when the pond at the CB house was built. What could that possibly do with MC's murder?

One of the cool things about this forum is that with so many sleuthers, one person's idea might spark off another for someone else. I think that's why we tend to look at all angles, no matter how unconnected they may seem on the surface...

When was the pond built? Maybe someone is wondering if the perp may be familiar with the property he worked on the installation.

Why would someone want to see photos inside the academy? Maybe because they'd show the people MC was surrounded by on a regular basis.

The thing is, we don't KNOW what's going to provide a break, so we entertain every possibility. :)

I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together?

Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private?

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing?

Is there a duck blind on that property?

When was the pond built on the property?

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it?

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB?

How deep is the water along the beach?

I have a couple of questions to those that may have spent time down at Crescent Bar during the summer. I have seen some video from parties around Crescent Bar, forgive me if I am asking dumb questions, but I have never been to Crescent Bar for recreation.
The section of beach near the crime scene, is that one of those areas where the boats would stop and tie together? no
Was the crime scene home, a party house where anyone was welcome or was it private? private

The river in front of the house appears to flow very slowly. How fast would you say that water flows?

Is that area popular for hunting and fishing?

Is there a duck blind on that property?

When was the pond built on the property?

To someone passing by, would the pond look very deep and how deep is it?

Does anyone know if Mackenzie or her family spent the summer at CB?

How deep is the water along the beach?

I've answered what I know in the above.

I copied my post over from Thread #6....I am still unsure how to reply to a post from an old thread once a new thread gets opened...:banghead:

Still looking back through old articles. Found this quotation by the Task Force spokesman. WTF?

Cowell was last seen by surveillance cameras as she was leaving the Academy of Hair Design. The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious in the parking lot, and investigators said Cowell didn't appear to be in a hurry.

"We have pretty much ruled out that this is an abduction," police Capt. Doug Jones said last week. "She got into that car alone we had the car under surveillance all day."

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/85203917.html#idc-container

The choice of words in these two sentences has bothered me since I first read this article.

The cameras didn't capture anyone suspicious

Makes me think....... Ok, so who DID the cameras capture that day?

If not a "suspicious" person, maybe someone.... FAMILIAR ....to MC?
Someone she...KNEW, or THOUGHT she KNEW, or PRETENDED to KNOW.... of course.....THAT PERSON(S) would not look SUSPICIOUS.

Why didn't they say: "the cameras didn't capture ANYONE...." or even "...ANY SUSPICIOUS ACTIVITY"?

Then this part:

She got into that car alone

when added to the first quote, makes me think...

OK.... so was this FAMILIAR PERSON already IN THE CAR, when MC got in it...ALONE?

I dunno, I'm just sayin'.......:confused:

I think he misspoke. I believe he meant the tape of the car behind the Academy, and possibly other camera footage over the next couple of hours (carwash?).

If MC was herself under surveillance, and therefore being followed and monitored, much of this would not have happened. IMO.

when added to the first quote, makes me think...

OK.... so was this FAMILIAR PERSON already IN THE CAR, when MC got in it...ALONE?

I dunno, I'm just sayin'.......:confused:

snipped by me...this is what i was thinking when i asked about the surveillance video a couple threads ago. it was quickly poo-poo'd that she was in the car alone...but HOW do we know that? we have only seen a clip of the surveillance video. maybe what they didn't show was who was already in her car....maybe a POI currently under their radar. something about the way she got into her car and the way she pulled out of the parking spot has always bothered me.

Again, I am new here but I am wondering why you would be interested in this information.

Same thing with the cat who was wondering when the pond at the CB house was built. What could that possibly do with MC's murder?

Hypothetical. Perhaps to compare photos of someone under discussion?

I think he misspoke. I believe he meant the tape of the car behind the Academy, and possibly other camera footage over the next couple of hours (carwash?).

If MC was herself under surveillance, and therefore being followed and monitored, much of this would not have happened. IMO.

Hmmm... this would help support some other poster's theories that it may be drug related...?

Meets (her contact) at the Academy (person is already in her car?); contact says, "We gotta drive over to the dock to make the pick-up... then breeze on through the carwash for a quick toke.... then you can drop me off....."

TOTALLY UNSUBSTANTIATED THEORY....MOO !!

We all have heard lots of information and rumors about this case. I wonder how many of the different rumors were started by the killer, himself, so he can dodge the real truth, and confuse LE and everyone else.

Maybe the killer is from Timbuktu and he told everyone that he knows the real killer lives in Wenatchee? Or, maybe the the killer is from Wenatchee, but he tells everyone that he knows the real killer is from Timbuktu.

snipped by me...this is what i was thinking when i asked about the surveillance video a couple threads ago. it was quickly poo-poo'd that she was in the car alone...but HOW do we know that? we have only seen a clip of the surveillance video. maybe what they didn't show was who was already in her car....maybe a POI currently under their radar. something about the way she got into her car and the way she pulled out of the parking spot has always bothered me.

IMO:

A. If there was anyone in the car she would have seen them.

B. If we assume that LE watched the entire video from when MC pulled into the parking lot until she left (which I think it is safe to say they have), they have verified that no one snuck into the car after she walked into school(again, she would have seen them getting back in if they had).

C. If someone with her and they were in the car when she arrived, then they would have had to wait for her the entire time she was in the Academy, without ever getting out to smoke, go to the bathroom, etc...

D. Unless, of course, C did happen and LE is keeping it to themselves so as not to alert the person, but then WHY release Any footage at all?

:confused:i'm new here and i'm wondering if anyone can see my posts? i've posted several times and got once response back...not to sound whiny...i just read this board everyday and see how well everyone collaborates together and how responsive people are to each post...just wondering if mine are not showing up? i think i have a valid theory about the surveillance video...but maybe not...this happened a few years back as well and was why i had to just stop coming here. i felt like my opinions weren't being heard...:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23