How Did Gardner Abduct Amber?

Its possible because alot of people do come forward after the guy is caught doing something heinous and saying "I always knew there was something weird about that guy..."

But all the reports have a "witness saw her walking toward Escondido High with a tall, slender, dark-complexioned young male" who has never been located or identified. Which is sure a long way from the Gardner description of a "white male in his late 30’s to early 40’s 5’11” tall with a stocky build with a large belly dark brown hair that was clean cut with medium spikes on top". So what happened between skinny dark young male and stocky white middle-aged man?

It just seems strange to me and makes me think that he had help.

A lot of times eye-witness accounts aren't reliable.
For all I know the witness who thought she saw Amber with some boy was mistaken, and whoever this witness saw wasn't even Amber.
It's not Gardner's MO to have help so I very much doubt he had any help in Amber's case.

A lot of times eye-witness accounts aren't reliable.
For all I know the witness who thought she saw Amber with some boy was mistaken, and whoever this witness saw wasn't even Amber.
It's not Gardner's MO to have help so I very much doubt he had any help in Amber's case.

Yeah I agree. When I first heard about Gardner, especially that he was known to have teenagers at his house, I thought he could possibly have had someone helping him, another male high school student. But let's face it he's a huge guy, he doesn't need anyone to help him, especially if he threatened Amber with a weapon. I also read in one of the search warrants that they found duct tape or electric tape in one of his vehicles. I think the officer referred to it as a "rape kit".

I've always said that I didn't believe he took her on Broadway because it was way too busy a street not to be seen, and it would be hard for him to escape if he were seen abducting her. I never thought the alleged sightings of her by the parents were credible either--it was raining, the child's back was toward them, and they were driving on a busy street with construction going on which would have focused their attention more on their driving. I always wondered why the police found those two alleged sightings credible when, with all things considered, they shouldn't have been. Not that it would have made a difference in this case. I don't believe that JAG told Amber he had a knife and gun--I believe he showed them to her--just as he did with the girl in Lake Elsinore. Poor Amber, she must have been frightened to death. I hope this family can somehow find some peace in their lives.

I've always said that I didn't believe he took her on Broadway because it was way too busy a street not to be seen, and it would be hard for him to escape if he were seen abducting her. I never thought the alleged sightings of her by the parents were credible either--it was raining, the child's back was toward them, and they were driving on a busy street with construction going on which would have focused their. attention more on their driving. I always wondered why the police found those two alleged sightings credible when, with all things considered, they shouldn't have been. Not that it would have made a difference in this case. I don't believe that JAG told Amber he had a knife and gun--I believe he showed them to her--just as he did with the girl in Lake Elsinore. Poor Amber, she must have been frightened to death. I hope this family can somehow find some peace in their lives.

I totally agree. I felt the same way. I never believed the sightings. I'm sure with the weather that day many students were wearing black hoodies (Just like Amber was wearing). Especially with the rain. I don't think I could identify somone I know in the rain.

Poor Amber!!

A silver Ford Focus? Well, then, why aren't we looking for Zenaida? :waitasec:

From the news conference at the above link, it appears Gardner answered some questions that made Amber's mom feel a little better. It appears, IMHO, that Amber may have put up a bit of a fight. Her mom said she was proud of her and 'she was "her" daughter.' I took that to mean Amber did something she would have done herself.

One of the things that people can take away from this is for your children to NOT walk down streets where there isn't a safe-haven, ie a house or whatever to run to safety. The other thing is, IF someone threatens with a weapon, do NOT let them take you to a second location. I've always told my kids that.

FWIW, there was an attempted abduction close to me in National City last week. It was after school and a 13 yo had a guy grab her from behind and he had his arms wrapped around her neck, with a knife. She grabbed his hands and managed to escape. She was slightly cut from the knife. The first report I saw her say she didn't even realize at the time he had a knife.

Anyway, they caught him. He was a registered sex offender from a different area, he had his mom's car and had cut off his gps tracking device. :mad:

I don't think he'll be attacking any young girls for awhile. Hopefully, FOREVER!

JMHO
fran

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JerseyLizard