WA - Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 - #20

Wow. They don't believe she was murdered at Crescent Bar.

LE confirms he had ties with at least one mortuary. Was Ellensburg where he claimed to have previously killed a woman.

Somebody WAS seen walking down Pitcher Canyon.

• Three people reported they saw someone walking down Squilchuck Road not far from Pitcher Canyon Road between 1630 (4:30 p.m.) and 1730 (5:30 p.m.) Feb. 9. Cowell’s car was found abandoned up Pitcher Canyon later that day. The affidavit states “two witnesses described this person as wearing a dark coat. Two witnesses gave a physical description of the person that closely matches Christopher Wilson.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/07/court-documents-sheds-light-on-case/

• Three people reported they saw someone walking down Squilchuck Road not far from Pitcher Canyon Road between 1630 (4:30 p.m.) and 1730 (5:30 p.m.) Feb. 9. Cowell’s car was found abandoned up Pitcher Canyon later that day. The affidavit states “two witnesses described this person as wearing a dark coat. Two witnesses gave a physical description of the person that closely matches Christopher Wilson.”

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2010/oct/07/court-documents-sheds-light-on-case/

Interesting she was still in her work clothes. She must have had more than one set of uniforms because one was also found inside her car.

Fearing she went straight to his apartment from the Academy and this all went down very quickly.

Spit info you little weasel!

ETA: Also from that above link:

• During a search of Wilson’s residence on Wednesday, “blood spatter was found in the stairwell of the residence between the basement and the main floor. Part of the spatter was directional, consistent with coming from something not (in) contact with the wall that was deposited there. A different set of blood spatter was consistent with a contact transfer stain, meaning something bloody touched the wall and was left behind as a sample.”

What did anyone think of the press conference? One surprise for me was that Mackenzie was "not murdered where she was found" and that some texts were traced to 404 S. Chelan.

Short form of this from the PC and updated stories, it appears she went to his place, was murdered there, then somehow moved to Crescent Bar. Sine the one single piece of DNA evidence they have at this time is the piece of duct tape found along the "drag trail" at CB from the driveway down to where she was found by the river, he must have moved her in another vehicle?

At least they as much stated as they got nada from inside her car. They stated directly they wouldn't have known it was him without that one piece from where body was found.

Did he have a vehicle or borrow one from somebody to move her, then head back home and rive her car up to Pitcher Canyon to dump it?

I caught that he normally walked from Academy to his place, but that was only about 2 blocks.

Was there a "band" van that LE has served warrant on?

Any locals know what he drove?

http://www.kirotv.com/download/2010/1007/25316982.pdf

Point 15 in there, he stated mac had never been in HIS car or home, so he does own a vehicle. Do we know if LE removed one on a warrant yesterday?

Wonder how fast the state crime lab will move on the blood spatter evidence from his home and anything pulled from his vehicle? Hopefully it just moved up the priority list.

So senseless.

Did we know witnesses had seen someone walking down Pitcher Canyon, which was obviously him? A crime that seemed to lack evidence and seemed to have taken multiple perps turns out to have left a good bit of evidence and appears to be the work of just one guy. Still needed luck finding the DNA that connected him. I bet LE figures out his relationship to the murder weapon pretty quick.

The second degree murder charge. max penalty is life and/or $50,000 so if convicted, still good chance he spends life behind bars, and gee, wouldn't the big boys there just love him.

Attachments

• Wilson_murder_charge.pdf
    669.6 KB · Views: 51
The timing is so weird to me. Pitcher Canyon is not just a hop, skip, and a jump away from town. It's takes a bit to get up there and and then to be seen walking on Squilchuck around 4:30. Everything seemed to happen so so fast.

Definitely don't think she was alive for long after she left the Academy. If she indeed died in his apartment, he might well have left her there, gotten her car as far away from his place as he comfortably could as quickly as possible, then walked home and waited for middle of the night to move her body to CB.

Those "chards" of glass inside the car become interestinger and interestinger. Now where did they come from to be inside her car if he didn't drive it to Pitcher Canyon AFTER first heading to CB?

Unless they turn out to somehow be completely unrelated to this case and were there before this all went down.

Short time frame indeed if CB was not the crime scene and perp had to take the time to move a body to a vehicle in broad daylight without being seen. Then move it down to the river. All the way back up to Pitcher to leave the car, and be seen possibly as early as 4:30pm walking back to town. Even 5:30 is making pretty decent time, and that doesn't include however long he spent attempting to cut off an arm with a cheap knife.

And used duct tape for something. To hold whatever he may have had her wrapped in to either disguise it was a body if seen and/or help move her body down that hill to the river? Perhaps a piece of it came loose on the "drag trail" and he failed to notice he'd left vital evidence behind.

Wonder if anybody saw him moving an old rolled up carpet out of his place? (OK, too much TV!)

ALL speculation and MOO only at this point!

http://www.kirotv.com/download/2010/1007/25316982.pdf

Point 15 in there, he stated mac had never been in HIS car or home, so he does own a vehicle. Do we know if LE removed one on a warrant yesterday?

Wonder how fast the state crime lab will move on the blood spatter evidence from his home and anything pulled from his vehicle? Hopefully it just moved up the priority list.

He'll never admit she was in HIS home but the DNA won't lie..Unless he's killed more then just Mack? I won't be shocked but that doesn't change my mind she was likely murdered there.

I'm surprised nobody saw them going in cos he lives in the basement of a business (hair salon) vs a rural area..It was still light out if we go by the time of the calls that may have come from there..Maybe there's a back driveway & entrance which would limit the risk of being seen?..Hair salons are typically noisy so there's a good chance nobody heard anything.

My guess is he removed her body after dark & it was wrapped in something..I'm not sure which car he took to CB but it doesn't sound like it was hers..We haven't heard anything about blood in her car & the glass shards probably came off him when he left it by the Hurds..He left her dead or almost dead at his place while he did that & then off to CB to the dump site?

It's all about the blood splatter..Since it was just found it may be awhile before they have the results back but that will tell at least part of this sad & sick story.

Still so many Q's & everyone has their own theory..I'd like to hear some of them now that we have more info.

So...did the same lab which typed the voluntarily given DNA samples also discover and identify the traces of DNA said to be Wilson's on the piece of tape?

Definitely don't think she was alive for long after she left the Academy. If she indeed died in his apartment, he might well have left her there, gotten her car as far away from his place as he comfortably could as quickly as possible, then walked home and waited for middle of the night to move her body to CB.

Those "chards" of glass inside the car become interestinger and interestinger. Now where did they come from to be inside her car if he didn't drive it to Pitcher Canyon AFTER first heading to CB?

Unless they turn out to somehow be completely unrelated to this case and were there before this all went down.

Short time frame indeed if CB was not the crime scene and perp had to take the time to move a body to a vehicle in broad daylight without being seen. Then move it down to the river. All the way back up to Pitcher to leave the car, and be seen possibly as early as 4:30pm walking back to town. Even 5:30 is making pretty decent time, and that doesn't include however long he spent attempting to cut off an arm with a cheap knife.

And used duct tape for something. To hold whatever he may have had her wrapped in to either disguise it was a body if seen and/or help move her body down that hill to the river? Perhaps a piece of it came loose on the "drag trail" and he failed to notice he'd left vital evidence behind.

Wonder if anybody saw him moving an old rolled up carpet out of his place? (OK, too much TV!)

ALL speculation and MOO only at this point!

AOT48..GMTA! lol We share many of the same thoughts :)

So...did the same lab which typed the voluntarily given DNA samples also discover and identify the traces of DNA said to be Wilson's on the piece of tape?

WA State crime lab is the only one I've heard LE mention, so that would seem most likely. No reason they would have sent out of state.

Thank goodness this guy isn't that bright or he wouldn't have left a blood splatter in his apartment for LE for find. That should seal the case for sure if it already isn't. Who else's blood could it be I mean. I agree that it seems most likely he would want to get rid of the car first so nobody would know she was there. It would give him time to clean up and to get rid of her body later that night. Plus, he would have to be insane to try carrying a body out of his apartment in broad daylight. Just my :twocents: for what it's worth.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back