Canadian Drowning Deaths Among Young Men

CANADA • Daniel LYNZ, 17 ~ Enderby BC
by karma on Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:39 am

.May 30, 2011 - Search and rescue teams in Enderby are searching for a missing 17-year-old man who was last seen in Riverside Park.

Daniel Lynz of Enderby has not been seen or heard from since late Friday night.

Daniel Lynz of Enderby was hanging out with friends at the park late Friday night.

They left the park later that night but for unknown reasons, Daniel decided to stay behind.

No one has seen or heard from him since.

Reserve Constable Steve Scott says it is unusual for the teen to vanish.

RCMP got involved with the search Saturday around 3 pm.

Search and rescue teams joined them around 5 pm but the search was called off at 10 pm after it became too dangerous for crews to be at the river in the dark.

Crews resumed the search Sunday morning by sky and by boat.

Rescuers scoured the shoreline of the Shuswap River, which borders Riverside Park, looking for signs of the teen.

Officials say since they do not know where Daniel ended up, they have to consider all possibilities.

Daniel is described as 5'8" to 5'10" and around 120 pounds.

He was last seen wearing a dark t-shirt, black skinny jeans and black skate shoes.

Anyone who has seen or heard from Daniel since Friday night is asked to call Enderby RCMP.

Search and rescue members were also out on Sunday near Cherrville and Goldpanner Cafe to look for a man who went missing in the water last weekend.

http://www.vancouversun.com/news/Rescuers+search+river+missing+Enderby+teen/4862471/story.html.
Supreme Commander of the Universe With Cape AND Tights AND Fancy Headgear

By Sean Kolenko - North Shore Outlook
Published: April 26, 2011 11:00 AM
Updated: April 26, 2011 12:39 PM

The body of an unidentified man police who believe to be in his mid-30s was found this morning in the waters of Mosquito Creek.

At 8:45 a.m. Tuesday morning, North Van RCMP received a call from Main Roads Contracting, a company cleaning a culvert below the Highway 1 overpass just east of Westview Drive. Workers found a body submerged in the creek.. Both police and North Vancouver Fire and Rescue responded to the call and at about 11:30 a.m. removed the body from the water.

Cpl. Peter DeVries, spokesman for the North Van RCMP, said the death is not considered suspicious and the RCMP's Integrated Homicide Investigation team has not yet been called.

"This is being considered as a sudden death in public," said DeVries.

"In the coming days there will be an autopsy . There are no strong indicators of trauma to the body."

DeVries added once the autopsy is complete, police will turn to missing persons files if need be.

Police believe the body was not in the creek for an extended period of time because the nearby walking trail is frequented by local residents and the water is only about two feet deep, making the body hard to miss.

More information will be available as it is released.

skolenko@northshoreoutlook.com
twitter.com/seankolenko

In response to the stat that said 80% of Canadian drownings are male. A reason for that likely rests in the fact that women have better buoyancy from increased body fat, partly because of their breasts.

Matt Huszar went missing Dec 16 after leaving a Christmas party at a pub.it is also located near water..I hope he makes it home!

I don't remember where I read this theory or hypothesis but I read somewhere that the canadian missings/victims were a little older males, often construction workers or some other related field that went missing while on a fish/hunt/drive... trip...

I am canadian, from Quebec more precisely and I've always found the Tommy Pépin case weird. I'll give you a quick resume:
Tommy Clément Pépin, 18, went missing from Rouyn-Noranda (which is THE MIDDLE OF ****ING NOWHERE by the way, here's where it is on a map: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Ro...6a59376708dc40!8m2!3d48.2342362!4d-79.0187836) (around 41 000 population) on march 27th 2006. His car was discovered parked illegally in front of a building in downtown, but his wallet and identity cards were found in a motel room in the opposite side of town. He was last seen with a 32 years old man with a heavy criminal record. He was supposed to be going out with his friends that night and he was never seen since...
attachment.php

Another thing I wanted to state is that we have tons of lakes here. If you fall into a almost to freezing temperature water, or into a frozen body of water, it won't be long before you die.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 13

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members