IN - Lauren Spierer, 20, Bloomington, 03 June 2011 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
:fence:

I know you stipulated and said allegedly, but just for the record, I don't think it was said Lauren was having "inappropriate" contact with CR.

Friends of JW said CR was paying "inappropriate" attention to Lauren.

The difference being it did not necessarily sound like the attention from CR was reciprocated by Lauren.

Assuming CR was showing her the alleged inappropriate attention she didn't approve of, seems rather unlikely she would have then decided to take off to his apartment building with him.

It is strange to me that JW would go to school to get the room key from her roommate. It was established earlier that the apartments had a buzzer to each room and a visitor could be let in the door by person in the apartment. I wonder if there is footage of JW trying to buzz LS from the main door? Or did he already know there really wouldn't be anyone there?

I'm getting a creepy feeling about JW.

The Wallstreet J had an article last week about the college and its "party" rep...said that the college area had 1500 arrests involving alcohol compared to 1000 in same period in Indianapolis, with hundreds of thousands more people...

Assuming CR was showing her the alleged inappropriate attention she didn't approve of, seems rather unlikely she would have then decided to take off to his apartment building with him.

Perhaps she felt obligated to make sure he got home safely. Once his roomie put him to bed, she left for JR's.

Exactly. It's nonsense! There, I said it.

Perhaps she felt obligated to make sure he got home safely. Once his roomie put him to bed, she left for JR's.

We know CR has a rather devoted roommate MB. If she were that concerned about CR getting home, she presumably could have called MB to come and get him, rather than trying to take him home and possibly be subjected to some of more of that alleged inappropriate attention if it were unwanted. JMO.

jjenny said:
If the boyfriend had an iron clad alibi, why would police insist he is a POI?

POI can mean anything, including a material witness.

Also, sleep until 2 PM because the night begins exactly when it did-left about 12:30 AM. The kids don't really worry at 3:00 or 4:00 AM cause the night/morning ain't over yet. (Not going to include the BF in this) LOL

http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/stories/2011/06/12/news.qp-0165757.sto

When the Indiana University student didn’t answer text messages sent to her cellphone by 11 a.m. Friday, June 3, friend and fellow Smallwood Plaza dweller Ilana Portner said she knew something was up and went to check on her.

“If one of us doesn’t text somebody, we just knock,” said Portner, a 19-year-old communications student from Philadelphia. “We spend our whole days together up until it’s time to go to bed.”

At first, the group of friends, many of whom live with Spierer on the fifth floor of Smallwood, thought Spierer might be sleeping, Portner said.

But she wasn’t in her bed.

She was concerned at 11am? I thought the roomie said it was normal for one of them to sleep past 2pm? And when she realized that LS wasn't at the apartment and thought something was wrong, wouldn't she have contacted JW? If my friend had a bf and I couldn't find her in her room my first thought would be that she had spent the night at his house. But he didn't find out she was gone until he picked up the keys from her roommate.
Seems to me like all of the friends and everyone involved are trying to cover something or another up, not necessarily where LS is, but other activity--drugs, drinking, cheating, etc.

New info.
""We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Qualters who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue."
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

How old is CR? If he's not legally able to drink, I'm guessing he passed out and probably doesn't want to admit to the crime of underage drinking. MOO of course.

So MB is saying that Lauren still wanted to party after putting CR to bed?

New info.
""We have information from that video that again gives us an indication not only of the direction (of her travel) but the activities that have taken place from where that video shows," said Qualters who told reporters that surveillance cameras in the vicinity of 10th Street and College Avenue and adjoining alleys may show Spierer walking from her Smallwood Plaza apartment building to 5 North Townhomes at 11th Street and Morton Avenue."
http://www.fox59.com/news/wxin-surv...spierer-last-spotted-20110612,0,7227876.story

Also from this:
"Obviously there are a lot of friends and associates of Lauren who will be able to provide us with information," said Qualters. "We have an indication that the individuals who are not available will make themselves available to us (in the coming week) and we're encouraged by that."

Good, sounds like the missing POIs are getting in contact with the police.

If you notice the recent article, it says that it was believed the boyfriend helped in the searches.

During a Friday press conference, Lt. Bill Parker said Spierer’s boyfriend has cooperated with police in investigations.

“I think he’s participated in the volunteer searches,” Parker said Friday.

Confronted outside their apartment Sunday, Corey Rossman and Mike Beth denied their identities to Fox59 News, then complained that media coverage of the investigation was ruining their life. Rossman complained that while his vehicle was parked in a public parking that Fox59 News was violating his privacy and Beth threatened to call Bloomington police. Rossman then drove away.

Ruining their lives... well... what about Lauren's life?

But yes, the media should leave these kids alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77