Deceased/Not Found MI - Bianca Jones, 2, Detroit, 2 Dec 2011 - #2 - *D. Lane guilty*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has already been mentioned--I just started following this case and haven't read all of the first thread--but does anyone else think that the sketch of the alleged perp looks like DL, if he was wearing a baseball cap pulled down over his eyes? Maybe I'm offbase, but it seems as if sometimes guilty parties describe themselves to the sketch artist without realizing it.

I was thinking the same thing last night when they showed it!

Several of us have commented on this, so you're not alone in your thinking. Nancy Grace referred to the sketch as "a generic black man".

And I agree with that.

When you consider that there is a chance this DID happen - and if it did, that's what the carjacker would most likely look like in that part of Detroit.

It wouldn't be an old black man, or a black boy, or a white woman or a white man in that neighborhood.

That's what the carjacker, if there was one, would look like.

And to me, he really doesn't look that much like Lane. What defines Lane are his large eyes and very wide and distinctive eyebrows, IMHO.

Gotta add this. It's OT, but kind of related to the subject of him looking like the composite.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/luckistarz/news-anchor-looks-like-wanted-rapist-88q

Maybe since you don't have children, it's harder for you to realize that small children need to be taken places like that to be socialized properly, and learn how to behave. :)

It's not that clear what he was doing there - was he just asking very brief questions, picking up forms, etc? In that case, it's great to have a toddler with him - kids absolutely need the stimulation of meeting strangers and being in different environments. I would think a financial aid office would be used to parents with young children coming in -

Plus, outings are fun for parents and little kids. Gives him a chance for some one on one time with her, without his girlfriend and the child's sister.

BBM...I hope you are right about this. I think that someone above mentioned that its not always easy with 2 kids so close in age, so maybe the time with just Bianca was part of the getting acquainted.

As you said too, it's not even clear what the errand entailed. I was picturing a longer meeting, again based on my memories of financial aid counseling in college.

Why am I so undecided about this guy?! Geez. I think Cubby hit the nail on the head with the "reactive rather than proactive."

Reports that authorities were searching the downtown Detroit campus of Wayne County Community College District because Lane and Bianca were spotted on surveillance cameras was true, Johnson said.

Lane was at the school to file for financial aid, he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/201112...-missing-Bianca-Jones-just-want-my-baby-home-

That's what is confusing me. Johnson ( Dad's defense attn correct?) says that they were spotted on surveillance...

Dad says on NG last night (thanks bette for the link, it's upthread everyone^)

GRACE: OK. So you want to be a teacher. Mr. Lane, did you take Bianca into the building when you checked on your tuition?

LANE: No, I did not. I never entered the building. As I told police -- I gave them a full disclosure of all the events that took place up until the carjacking. They have this information.

GRACE: OK. OK, I couldn`t understand what you said. I think you said you did not take her into the building to check on tuition because you yourself did not go into the building, is that right?

LANE: Yes. We did not enter the building.

So I'm guessing that surveillance captured him in the drivers seat and her in her infant seat clearly? Or that they got out of the car, walked toward the bldg and then turned around and left?

I hope LE says whether or not they find this tape. That could change my mind. JMHO.

Me too. I took a loooong break, from her because of it. But I got a tweet from HLN about the show last night and I'm glad I caught it.

NG was great in her coverage of this case last night! Sometimes I get irritated by her but she was really on top of this. Asked all the right questions and proceeded in just the right way.

Maybe since you don't have children, it's harder for you to realize that small children need to be taken places like that to be socialized properly, and learn how to behave. :)

It's not that clear what he was doing there - was he just asking very brief questions, picking up forms, etc? In that case, it's great to have a toddler with him - kids absolutely need the stimulation of meeting strangers and being in different environments. I would think a financial aid office would be used to parents with young children coming in -

Plus, outings are fun for parents and little kids. Gives him a chance for some one on one time with her, without his girlfriend and the child's sister.

But this particular child did not even respond to her own name--she responded to "Bacon" but didn't seem to know her own name (per a previous post which I am assuming was correct). I wonder if a child like that would be ready for a situation like a financial aid office? Not her fault, I just doubt she was properly socialized to begin with. She appears to be such a bright little child,and sounds like it by all the descriptions, but her aptitude has to be nourished in a supportive environment. I just don't see how a felon could provide that.

I don't have children so maybe I have no right to say. I used to babysit a lot, so I'm not unfamiliar with kids.

I also can't get over my negative feelings about DL, which makes me think that an outing with him would not be fun for the child....

Several of us have commented on this, so you're not alone in your thinking. Nancy Grace referred to the sketch as "a generic black man".

They even split the screen with another infamous generic black man sketch....the Susan Smith*cough..cough* carjacking/child stealing dude.

But this particular child did not even respond to her own name--she responded to "Bacon" but didn't seem to know her own name (per a previous post which I am assuming was correct). I wonder if a child like that would be ready for a situation like a financial aid office? Not her fault, I just doubt she was properly socialized to begin with.

I don't have children so maybe I have no right to say. I used to babysit a lot, so I'm not unfamiliar with kids.

I also can't get over my negative feelings about DL, which makes me think that an outing with him would not be fun for the child....

Unless their were lots of people around...then he would be a model/say the right things/do the right things type of guy. *rolleyes*

If Bianca was OK (and needed to be hidden for time to heal) and her mom had agreed to let her stay with her dad for a month, there would be no need to make up this carjacking story.

JMO

Unless their were lots of people around...then he would be a model/say the right things/do the right things type of guy. *rolleyes*

IMO he does that, but it's all lipservice without any substance of action behind the words.

JMO

From Patty's channel. I'm rewatching because I missed it. Patty had some technical difficulties but she uploaded it thank goodness!

She uploaded in three parts:

Part one:
Sierra1947's Channel - YouTube
Father and his lawyer on NG.

Part two:

Part three:

I am currently watching part one and have not watched the other two as of yet. If you don't want to watch the entire episodes it looks like Dad starts at about 7:58ish in part one.

This episode got so many rave reviews on this forum that I am overcoming my natural wariness of NG and giving it a shot. Thanks for posting! We will see how much I get through before I have to get my butt back to work. :p

If Bianca was OK (and needed to be hidden for time to heal) and her mom had agreed to let her stay with her dad for a month, there would be no need to make up this carjacking story.

JMO

You are correct and it's not looking good.. for the wee one :(

And I agree with that.

When you consider that there is a chance this DID happen - and if it did, that's what the carjacker would most likely look like in that part of Detroit.

It wouldn't be an old black man, or a black boy, or a white woman or a white man in that neighborhood.

That's what the carjacker, if there was one, would look like.

And to me, he really doesn't look that much like Lane. What defines Lane are his large eyes and very wide and distinctive eyebrows, IMHO.

Gotta add this. It's OT, but kind of related to the subject of him looking like the composite.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/luckistarz/news-anchor-looks-like-wanted-rapist-88q

bolded by me.

I agree, he does have very distinctive eyebrows and large eyes. In the sketch, I think the baseball cap is covers the eyebrows (and eyes?), so you can't tell what they look like. How convenient for him to skip those features...

Channel 4 report: Detroit firefighters now joining search. Playing clips from NG last night. New search area today. Moving closer to Dad's house. Some of the firefighters searched for the Skelton brothers in Morenci, MI. DPD continues to receive tips.

bolded by me.

In the sketch, I think the baseball cap is covers the eyebrows (and eyes?), so you can't tell what they look like.

Right - but he's got very small beady eyes. Lane has really big eyes.

With all due respect, that is not the unbelievable part of this story. :crazy: But I wish it was. Maybe I'm super-sensitive to this because I don't have or want children, but parents drag their kids to all kinds of places that are ridiculously inappropriate and act surprised that they, omg, act like children!

Don't mean to be rude or offensive to anyone. I believe that if you are a parent and you're here advocating for children, you're not the kind of "parent" that I'm complaining about.

I agree with you, PlainJaneDoe! I took my nephew to register for classes & sign up for financial aid disbursement at his community college; there were so many young women ALONE with kids, multiple in most cases. Now, I know that campus has a day care, but for whatever reason, in the financial aid office waiting area, so many crying babies & kids running around -- I thought it was a Dr Office.

Thinking the whole Community College financial aid visit is a ruse . . . added it to his time line after hearing about the sighting -- UNLESS this is the first story he told LE (including the almost visit to the CC).

Situations are different for everyone & personal reactions are unknown until your are in those shoes.

IMO he does that, but it's all lipservice without any substance of action behind the words.

JMO

I wonder if he is even capable of making the "lipservice" seem convincing?

He probly keeps the kids with him as much as he can. That way he can have an excuse not to pay his support because the kid(s) are with him. Not to mention I'm sure it helps him with the financial aid he is probly receiving to claim he is the primary care giver.

I believe I saw reported that the suspects got DL to pull over by telling him there was something wrong with his tail light.

Unfortunately if he did put her in the water it could be along time before she is found. Not much activity on the lake these days :(

So far I have connected Four Baby mamas with four kids. three kids 2yrs and under, and the 7yr old.

From the pics I've seen I believe there is another male child older than 7yrs.

Yes, There are (at least) 3 two year olds. I believe there is another son close to age 2 and what I believe is an infant. There is also the 7 year old girl who witnessed the beating and was supposedly 'locked in a room', and there is an older (first-born) son.

Lane's FB entry "Farther to Sons":

http://www.facebook.com/#!/notes/dandre-l-lane-sr/father-to-sons/151045191640498

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆