Green, glowing, whale-sized object falls from sky into Connecticut lake

This one's been kept a bit hush-hush, even for your usual reports of green, glowing, whale-sized objects falling from the skies. So I assume either i) they've taken an "Aww, it's just one of those meteorites" stance, or ii) reporters are either just not doing their jobs, or iii) reporters are being kept at arm's length and an information blackout is in place.

Logically, it's the first possibility as skies were unusually clear and a number of small meteorites had been seen recently in the area. But one does sort of hope it's the latter, definitely more interesting, possibility.

Its obviously a prop from the new Disney movie, "That Darn Flying Phosporescent Whale". In 3D, of course.

Kimster, did you lose something?

:silly: Beat me too it!! :maddening:

I have heard from intergalactic authority that it was Kryptonite.

If any Kryptonians are reading here, please stay away from that area until HAZMAT has a chance to dispose of the danger. :tyou:

christopherreevesuperma.jpg

Thank You Citizen!!!!

Tabloid try:

"White whale Moby Dick's gone green - glowing reports as he plummets into Connecticut lake."

Nope. Still not quite there.

This reminds me of the Shag Harbour incident back in the early to mid 60s

Perhaps this explains it; http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/12/world/asia/north-korea-launch/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

North Korea rocket breaks up in flight
From Tim Schwarz, CNN
updated 12:02 AM EDT, Fri April 13, 2012

Pyongyang, North Korea (CNN) -- Defying warnings from the international community, North Korea launched a long-range rocket on Friday, but it broke apart before escaping the earth's atmosphere and fell into the sea, officials said.

"It flew about a minute, and it flew into the ocean," said Noriyuki Shikata, a spokesman for Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihiko Noda....

A rather lengthy look at the politics and dynamics of having, possibly, a green, glowing, whale-like object fall in your lake, well worth a look:

Bantam Lake UFO story prompts a push for state officials (Litchfield News)
I'm only on page 1 of 4, but I'm sitting here cracking up at:

“With modern technology and the 911 service, I would think the State Police has the ability to trace that 911 call back to the owner of the cell phone,” said Mr. LaBonne in the e-mail, referencing the fact that the citizen who claim to actually see the object fall into the lake did not remain at the scene. “Once we have that person, hopefully he or she can direct us to the approximate location of the where this thing might be in the lake.”
That person has obviously already been abducted, memory-wiped, and optionally returned...

Wouldn't a whale sized piece of debris cause a tsunami on the lake?

Wouldn't a whale sized piece of debris cause a tsunami on the lake?
That's what I was wondering. Also, why we'd heard no reports of yea or nay on whether unusually large waves had swamped areas of shore during that time-frame. Weird. A good-sized meteorite - if that's what it was - would have made quite the splash.

I'm tellin ya space whales vaporize when they hit water, so no wave

<snipped> Perhaps it is a years worth of sanitized waste from the International Space Station.

If that's the case, there's probably a joke in there about this being the first time a foreign icy b.m. has struck American soil... I'm just not sure if anyone who didnt grow up in the Reagan era would understand the "ICBM" reference.

Trust me, its funny. Really.

If that's the case, there's probably a joke in there about this being the first time a foreign icy b.m. has struck American soil... I'm just not sure if anyone who didnt grow up in the Reagan era would understand the "ICBM" reference.

Trust me, its funny. Really.

:silly: I got it, but I grew up in the Reagan era.

I thank several of you for adding to my paranoia (sewage dumped from planes, frozen or otherwise). :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back