Moderator Alert / Report Discussion

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

Thank you for all you do!

:hug:
fran

Just wanted to stop by and say how much I appreciate this forum (Tricia, {hugs}) and what a wonderful job the mods do for us all!

I know you ALWAYS hear when things are not right, but I wanted you to know that MANY of us appreciate everything that IS RIGHT.

fran

I love this post! How perfectly put, Fran.....:clap:

fran

Thank you, Fran - you expressed exactly what I came here to post - and you said it so beautifully! :blowkiss:

Please add me to our very long list of extremely appreciative members. I am so very grateful to Tricia and all our magnificent mods. Major kudos to all of them!

This weekend - I am especially grateful to longtime WSer and our newest addition to the mod squad, ((())), for ALL the hard work, innovations & effort he puts forth here at our Websleuths community. Amazing contributions!

I just finished reading the *new front page* thread in the Jury Room this afternoon. Tricia made it abundantly clear - WS would have been *closed down* if not for . I believe her. For 's uncomfortable role in that sad fiasco & so many other reasons .. I am deeply grateful to him that we all still have our highly valued "home away from home". Thank you so much!

((((Tricia, & All our WS Mods))))

You guys are the absolute best!! (And as my son would say - "Don't let the turkeys get you down!") :blowkiss:

Rummy :cat:

I just want to add my agreement to what Rum Tum and Fran said above.
I appreciate this site very much and also the work that goes into keeping it running, from Tricia and all the mods. Simply Thankyou:blowkiss:

Boy, I am blown away by all this! I had no idea stuff like this even went on. Call me dumb, naive, stupid - all of the above.

Thank you every single mod for putting up with this craziness. I still can't believe it.

God bless WS!:blowkiss:

I just want to add my agreement to what Rum Tum and Fran said above.
I appreciate this site very much and also the work that goes into keeping it running, from Tricia and all the mods. Simply Thankyou:blowkiss:

I absolutely agree. Tricia, the mods, the behind the scene people..thank you so much for giving us this wonderful on line community to sleuth away!

:blowkiss:

Boy, I am blown away by all this! I had no idea stuff like this even went on. Call me dumb, naive, stupid - all of the above.

Thank you every single mod for putting up with this craziness. I still can't believe it.

God bless WS!:blowkiss:

me too!

i really think this is one of the best moderated message boards i've been on by the way. you guys are doing a great job!

fran

I second this completely!!! Thank you for such a wonderful forum....it is getting better and better IMO! :)

On a personal note, a few years ago, I joined WS and was denied because I had a yahoo email address. Somehow, I was able to convince you to let me join....I won't forget that and I am so happy to be a member here. In light of the recent events I just read about, I thought I'd let you know how much WS and the people here mean to me. The cases are a big part of my life and I am constantly learning from members here. Just thought I'd let you all know! :) Thank you Tricia and Mods for EVERYTHING you do!

I have a question regarding alerting a MOD of a "copied" post . . . meaning I have seen it cut & pasted from another forum (not WS & not sure if it is an allowed forum), so I am not sure how to deal with it (or if I should at all) - Thanks!

Thanks to all the MODs keeping WS a credible forum !

one more thing -- I thought I saw a thread about using Facebook in WS posts? Are there any rules around this social media? Is it defined somewhere or is it case by case?

Thanks, again!

I have a question regarding alerting a MOD of a "copied" post . . . meaning I have seen it cut & pasted from another forum (not WS & not sure if it is an allowed forum), so I am not sure how to deal with it (or if I should at all) - Thanks!

Thanks to all the MODs keeping WS a credible forum !

If there is a quote from another forum, it needs to have a link for copyright reasons. If the link comes out with *******, then it is a site that is not allowed for discussion on WS for one reason or another and the poster needs to delete their post.

Hope that helps!

Not sure if this is the right forum, but has anyone had any malicious web attacks while using WS? During the last week I've had several while on the boards while only logged onto WS. My Norton Internet Security has blocked it, but it appears that while putting in my User Name and Password sets something off. I've been getting a message:

An intrusion attempt by (insert IP address here) was blocked.

It's never happened before, so I don't know if it's WS or something else!

Mel

Not sure if this is the right forum, but has anyone had any malicious web attacks while using WS? During the last week I've had several while on the boards while only logged onto WS. My Norton Internet Security has blocked it, but it appears that while putting in my User Name and Password sets something off. I've been getting a message:

An intrusion attempt by (insert IP address here) was blocked.

It's never happened before, so I don't know if it's WS or something else!

Mel

There is a very informative discussion about this topic here: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

one more thing -- I thought I saw a thread about using Facebook in WS posts? Are there any rules around this social media? Is it defined somewhere or is it case by case?

Thanks, again!

Facebook and other social media site links are determined on a case-by-case basis. There can't be any hard and fast rule that fits all because there are a lot of grey areas.

Generally speaking, usually the victim's FB is allowed to be linked and any other main players approved to be sleuthable. As you can imagine, those change as the evidence and facts unfold. No comments can be copied and pasted here - only the FB link with general directions. Any of the Facebook "Support" pages, etc...have to be mod approved before they are permitted to be linked.

Hope that helps a little bit. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back