PA PA - Toni Sharpless, 29, Gladwyne, 23 Aug 2009

I won't link to the blog site but will say Steph just posted that the divers are suited up and about to enter the water. The rain has let up and friends of Toni's are there awaiting news. There are two "objects" in the water the divers will be looking at, possibly one or two vehicles.

Update: Three cars have been located in the river but none appear to be Toni's. There may be up to three more cars yet to be examined.

Got to love Tim, they are diving today even in this horrible weather. Sending prayers for the family and friends.

On Charley's Project I found these people missing along with their vehicles from Philadelphia, one from Upper Darby.

John Thistlewood missing Sept. 1992 along with his white, 2 door, 1992 Ford Expo.

Joseph Sireci missing May 1983 along with his 1972 Mercury Montego.

Shelly Diane Lutz, (she was from Upper Darby) missing Aug 1982 along with her uncles mint green, Chevrolet Impala.

The wait must be excruciating for her family and friends this morning. Bless Tim and his divers for not allowing the weather to stand in the way of such a discovery. That takes dedication and a lot of guts.

Interesting that none of the friends that were with Toni at the party are among the friends huddled in the cold rain today awaiting any news of Toni's car.

Update: 4 cars confirmed and 2 more to be identified.

Starting to think this is a stolen car dump.

Seriously. Maybe the police should do a yearly "River sweep" down there. I wonder how many stolen vehicles/missing persons cases could be solved.

They may find 100 cars down there. I don't think Tim realizes this is the most disgusting river in the northeast and aside from bodies being recovered on a normal basis there is always dumping going on there.

Hopefully this will uncover some mysteries though.

Nothing to add but my undying appreciation and utmost respect for Tim Miller.

Steph reported search is over until next Thursday when LE will bring a crane to pull the already identified vehicles from the water (not Toni's). At that time divers will go back in the water to look for more vehicles. If you havent't already read Steph's update I encourage you to do so. It's very sad.

BTW Steph did say Crystal finally showed up at the search.

I drove by the search site a few hours ago and I have never had the chills that badly. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I didn't see too many people but did notice a group of young women who I assume are her coworkers. I had my son with me so I couldn't stop. I pray they find her soon.

My thoughts and prayers with her family and God Bless Tim Miller and all of the volunteers!

I suppose there is no word on make or model of any of the vehicles. Although I highly doubt they're connected to any other open cases it wouldn't hurt to at least pretend like you're trying to connect the dots.

Seriously. Maybe the police should do a yearly "River sweep" down there. I wonder how many stolen vehicles/missing persons cases could be solved.
I think it should be mandatory to do it at least once a year. They should also take some preventative measures along the roadway to prevent cars easily going into the river, too. If you have six plus cars in a particular area...seems to me they need to cut off the dumping grounds.

I drove by the search site a few hours ago and I have never had the chills that badly. The hair on the back of my neck stood straight. I didn't see too many people but did notice a group of young women who I assume are her coworkers. I had my son with me so I couldn't stop. I pray they find her soon.

My thoughts and prayers with her family and God Bless Tim Miller and all of the volunteers!

KDB, did you happen to notice if they had any cars pulled out of the water? Steph made it sound like they pulled them out but were going to have to go back with a crane next week to remove them. Some here are wondering the makes of the other cars and whether they match any other cases. TIA

I went by around 10:00. The parking lot has 2 entrances. The first had barracades and the second was open. Driving past the parking lot seemed pretty crowded with cars but besides the small group of girls, I did not notice any other people except a police officer by the mobile unit. I saw the ramp (pictured in the blog) but there was no boat in the water there or to the west that I could see and I did not see that any cars had been pulled out.

When my son wakes up, I may try and stop back over to see if there is still any activity. I will also make the effort to go next week when the crane is there. Maybe I can get my hubby to take off and watch my son so I can actually get out and observe.

I went by around 10:00. The parking lot has 2 entrances. The first had barracades and the second was open. Driving past the parking lot seemed pretty crowded with cars but besides the small group of girls, I did not notice any other people except a police officer by the mobile unit. I saw the ramp (pictured in the blog) but there was no boat in the water there or to the west that I could see and I did not see that any cars had been pulled out.

When my son wakes up, I may try and stop back over to see if there is still any activity. I will also make the effort to go next week when the crane is there. Maybe I can get my hubby to take off and watch my son so I can actually get out and observe.

Thanks for the info. Steph made it sound like everyone is gone now so hopefully it will be less crowded if you get a chance to go back. I'm also curious what part of the river they were searching. Was it the area near Hollow Rd?

Yes, Hollow Road intersects with River Road. Make a left onto River Road and the parking loat, boat launch is maybe 200 feet on the right. I tried to make a Google map to pinpoint but it's not working for me at the moment.

ETA: That's where the launch was from so they would have been searching on the water right around the bottom of Hollow Road.

Yes, Hollow Road intersects with River Road. Make a left onto River Road and the parking loat, boat launch is maybe 200 feet on the right. I tried to make a Google map to pinpoint but it's not working for me at the moment.

ETA: That's where the launch was from so they would have been searching on the water right around the bottom of Hollow Road.

Thanks again KDB. Based on your feedback I've marked both the boat ramp as well as the water search area on this map.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=108634223982490658038.000473294b3ff76b8d445&ll=40.037538,-75.25609&spn=0.02806,0.054846&t=h&z=14

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back