MO MO - Sharon Hurley, 24, St Louis, 24 Feb 1981

I am sorry I know this is just hard....

Opening up lol

Thank you I want answers so I am willing to give the answers I have been given....

I admire your strength and courage for opening up to total strangers. You are now a part of the Websleuths family so we won't seem like strangers for long.

If it starts to get overwhelming just take a break until you're ready to move forward.

Thanks for sharing what you have so far. Even the smallest thing could lead to a big breakthrough.

Dad Jones (what I was told) They even showed me a pic claiming that my mothers roomate gave it her that that mayb him now I wonder if my Dad gave them the pic to give to me (caught in another lie)

Grandmom died before I was born Helen Beamish(maiden)
My mom is buried with her
So your parents were at some point in contact with your bio mom's friend or your father? That's good to know.

Does your aunt (the one you mentioned upthread) remember anything about your mom? (This is your adoptive mom's sister, right?) Does she know if your bio mom had siblings?

I see the Death Cert listed her as a student. Maybe we can find out where she went to college. Find some of her friends that way.

No I can't get my scanner to work, and haven't made it to my Mom's today,\ had some family things here come up. (Teens)

We're not attacking you, please don't that, Itsreenw explained it well I think.

From the article Sharon lived with someone when she was killed. He wasn't a suspect, and she had a friend who went with him to id her. I guess it is just human nature to wonder some. Were you with him? Are you trying to find him? Of course, I guess maybe I would wait and see what coroner report says, and maybe if there are more news articles as the case progresses.

One thing, I did learn yesterday is that my library does not have St. Louis papers' I always thought they did, but, <sigh> Maybe if we have another member in the St. Louis area, the Missouri side that has access to a library, they could go. Online archives of St Louis post only go back to 1988 and there is nothing there, I have searched. So microfilm at library, LOL.

So your parents were at some point in contact with your bio mom's friend or your father? That's good to know.

Does your aunt (the one you mentioned upthread) remember anything about your mom? (This is your adoptive mom's sister, right?) Does she know if your bio mom had siblings?

I see the Death Cert listed her as a student. Maybe we can find out where she went to college. Find some of her friends that way.

yes its my papas daughter and her sister(adopted me) Say they got me out orphange when I was three there is alot pain and hurt in my family I have been on my own since 13 walked away from all the drama

Student? Say she was becoming a nurse changing her life from a adult entertainer talked about coming home wrote letters never made it ....

Went to Immaculate Conception Malden Ma and Malden High

I was 6 months old when my mother died... I have alot of questions you like you but I am starting to believe some of what I was told is a lie I am a private person so know please every1 that this is taking alot of courage
I was told that I was taken from my mother when I was a infant (age unknown to me)....
I was told she was murdered in East St louis County Mo Feb 24 1981 She was raped stabbed.burnt and thrown into a river and was only identified through dental remains ....
NOW last week I recieved a newspaper clip from the funeral home because I want to know everything now so I can break the cycle ....
I have the pdf yet I need help loading it if some one can help ...(can only do so much on a droid lol) Email me ...
The newspaper clipping was alittle different then the story I knew ...
Employment well.... I was told my mother may have been a lady of the night .. My Papa RIP seemsto have thought my dad was her ...(sentive) you know what I want facts now I dont want to go ovee what I heard but all the police our there are no help I must gave called 50 times the last month wont give me anything its a BRICKWALL I was looking at the map of the area and noticed a strip a club not to far I called ask if this was a strip club in 81.guy said yes it was Diamond Cabret(whateva) Asked y baby I said a little he got upset slamme and listen baby you have to call back I am trying to put this all together

The reason I ask jurisdiction is because of my job I realize that anything with Saint Louis in it even if it is Saint Louis County or East St.Louis is connected to the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police Department which is stricly Saint Louis City and not Saint Louis County or East Saint Louis ( we get a fair share from those other two jurisdictions requesting reports that I feel I have to make that distintiion). If that is the case we don't have records, we may have assisted but it wouldn't be on a Saint Louis City (slmpd.org) police report and would be assisted by either East Saint Louis City Pd or Saint Louis County Pd. We are not in the same jurisdiction as Saint Louis County or East Saint Louis so we don't have the info they do. I agree your moms case needs to be investicated more throughly but since I work for LE in the city of Saint Louis Mo, any outside saint louis city will have to be gleamed from a jurisdiction that is not Saint Louis City Pd. From the limited info I have read it seems she was not missing from Saint Louis City, if I am mistaken please correct me and give me as much info as you can, then I will try to assist however I can.

The reason I ask jurisdiction is because of my job I realize that anything with Saint Louis in it even if it is Saint Louis County or East St.Louis is connected to the Saint Louis Metropolitan Police Department which is stricly Saint Louis City and not Saint Louis County or East Saint Louis ( we get a fair share from those other two jurisdictions requesting reports that I feel I have to make that distintiion). If that is the case we don't have records, we may have assisted but it wouldn't be on a Saint Louis City (slmpd.org) police report and would be assisted by either East Saint Louis City Pd or Saint Louis County Pd. We are not in the same jurisdiction as Saint Louis County or East Saint Louis so we don't have the info they do. I agree your moms case needs to be investicated more throughly but since I work for LE in the city of Saint Louis Mo, any outside saint louis city will have to be gleamed from a jurisdiction that is not Saint Louis City Pd. From the limited info I have read it seems she was not missing from Saint Louis City, if I am mistaken please correct me and give me as much info as you can, then I will try to assist however I can.

It is East St Louis. Someone called to Sauget PD about seeing a body thrown off of Popular Street Bridge, a railroad detective found her and East St Louis got it.

Thank you Lieber :).....

She was found : Field under Rt 3 South Exit Ramp(coroners cert signed 5/19/81 by mani k sashankar East St. Louis Illinios )

Newspaper clip says its being investigated by both St. Louis and East St Louis police dept.
Also says According to Sgt Herb Riley of the St. Louis Police Homicide Bureau, police have fibe suspevtd they intented to question on the Hurleys murder " motive is very important acpect in any murder " riley said "as soon as we get around to finding the motive we should be able to move on this" Riley did say that if things break well for the police there could be an arrest or arrests before the weekend ( malden newspaper clipping by peyer o neil)

No I can't get my scanner to work, and haven't made it to my Mom's today,\ had some family things here come up. (Teens)

We're not attacking you, please don't that, Itsreenw explained it well I think.

From the article Sharon lived with someone when she was killed. He wasn't a suspect, and she had a friend who went with him to id her. I guess it is just human nature to wonder some. Were you with him? Are you trying to find him? Of course, I guess maybe I would wait and see what coroner report says, and maybe if there are more news articles as the case progresses.

One thing, I did learn yesterday is that my library does not have St. Louis papers' I always thought they did, but, <sigh> Maybe if we have another member in the St. Louis area, the Missouri side that has access to a library, they could go. Online archives of St Louis post only go back to 1988 and there is nothing there, I have searched. So microfilm at library, LOL.

The Central Library which is the library that those live in downtown and or Soulard (native of Central Illinois) has been under reconstruction for over a year and the library express I have to go on olive in the old saint louis post office is very small and has very little material and only two computers. I have internet both at home and work so the computers are not a problem but books and magazines are (they are so small they do not carry magazines or newspapers so you have request them). All magazines and most books that I have requested have taken a few months. Central Library also on Olive street which is much bigger but its not scheduled for completion in its reconstruction in the very near future has a vast amounts of material, several times of that are now being offered me at the old post office location

Thank you Lieber :).....

She was found : Field under Rt 3 South Exit Ramp(coroners cert signed 5/19/81 by mani k sashankar East St. Louis Illinios )

Newspaper clip says its being investigated by both St. Louis and East St Louis police dept.
Also says According to Sgt Herb Riley of the St. Louis Police Homicide Bureau, police have fibe suspevtd they intented to question on the Hurleys murder " motive is very important acpect in any murder " riley said "as soon as we get around to finding the motive we should be able to move on this" Riley did say that if things break well for the police there could be an arrest or arrests before the weekend ( malden newspaper clipping by peyer o neil)

Interesting. Now I can't wait to see if more in the paper. The first was 2/25 and the small follow up on the 27th( coroner confirming cause of death as strangulation and saying fall didn't kill her). According to the first article police learned (but doesn't say how, the assumption is the interview with boyfriend and best friend,) that "Hurley had been threatened last weekend by another prostitute, but, did not know the reason for the threat."

There should be something in the St. Louis PD records, as it says she was arrested "about" three times.

The cop in East St Louis was Detective Sgt L C Moore. Not sure he is still around or that they have records.

A couple years ago they were contacted about another cold case and said they didn't have the records or couldn't look. I am afraid their dept situation has only gotten worse in the recent past, so who knows what they would say.

The Central Library which is the library that those live in downtown and or Soulard (native of Central Illinois) has been under construction for over a year and the library express I have to go on olive in the old saint louis post office is very small and has very little material and only two computers. I have internet both at home and work so the computers are not a problem but books and magazines are (they are so small they do not carry magazines or newspapers so you have request them). All magazines and most books that I have requested have taken a few months. Central Library also on Olive street which is much bigger but its not scheduled for completion in the very near future has a vast amounts of material, several times of that are now being offered me at the old post office location

I didn't know that . It has been YEARS since I have been to the main library downtown, it was beautiful in a lovely old library kind of way.

First hi Rosie were you able to get scan!!

Second maybe im being senistive but starting to feel attack on this board....

I know you guys are trying to helpso here goes.....

My Papa died in 09......

My mothers murder was always hard for some reson to explain to me .....

I got all lies or feels like half truths so I am doing this for me my mothers sister(my adoptive mother) will not b invovled n I doubt she wants to....

google my family....(thought mayb u guys already did)

Bolded respectfully by me :)

J4S we wouldn't do that. We are here to help you with finding the answers to the questions that you are specifically seeking.

Digging up your family info wont' help at this point. We can only go by what you ask us to help you with :)

As for lies and pain from your family.

When I searched for a direct family member (I had to search for two actually, one being my own father and the other my GGF) I had to set aside all the stories I had been told and start from scratch.

I also had to find a way to compartmentalize the pain and hurt and disappointments I had from dealing with family members who (I've since come to understand) had their own pain, hurt and perhaps shame that compeled them to tell mistruths (lies) and cover up.

But then I realized that this wasn't about them. This was about me and this was about my past. It was about my reality not theirs.

Just offering that experience to you so that when I suggest that you get completely focused on your Mother (her life and her murder) and you that you don't feel I'm being insensitive or unkind. I'm not at all.

But I do suggest that you find a way to set aside all the pain and hurt and focus specifically on that small portion of your life at this time. The hurts and pain can be dealt with after you find the truth. (I speak from experience :))

I have had the opportunity to post along side the posters that have been working with you. They are excellent sleuths and they are ethical and they care. Pretty dynamite combo :)

A note to Rosie and itsreenw and lieber---If J4S gives us permission can someone create a timeline with the facts we have so far and post it? (we won't violate your privacy J4S or post anything that you don't shared) that way we can get an idea of what is available and what needs to be found so far? Thanks :)

J4S my heart and thoughts are with you on this journey.

Bolded respectfully by me :)

J4S we wouldn't do that. We are here to help you with finding the answers to the questions that you are specifically seeking.

Digging up your family info wont' help at this point. We can only go by what you ask us to help you with :)

As for lies and pain from your family.

When I searched for a direct family member (I had to search for two actually, one being my own father and the other my GGF) I had to set aside all the stories I had been told and start from scratch.

I also had to find a way to compartmentalize the pain and hurt and disappointments I had from dealing with family members who (I've since come to understand) had their own pain, hurt and perhaps shame that compeled them to tell mistruths (lies) and cover up.

But then I realized that this wasn't about them. This was about me and this was about my past. It was about my reality not theirs.

Just offering that experience to you so that when I suggest that you get completely focused on your Mother (her life and her murder) and you that you don't feel I'm being insensitive or unkind. I'm not at all.

But I do suggest that you find a way to set aside all the pain and hurt and focus specifically on that small portion of your life at this time. The hurts and pain can be dealt with after you find the truth. (I speak from experience :))

I have had the opportunity to post along side the posters that have been working with you. They are excellent sleuths and they are ethical and they care. Pretty dynamite combo :)

A note to Rosie and itsreenw and lieber---If J4S gives us permission can someone create a timeline with the facts we have so far and post it? (we won't violate your privacy J4S or post anything that you don't shared) that way we can get an idea of what is available and what needs to be found so far? Thanks :)

J4S my heart and thoughts are with you on this journey.

Wow, Kat, what you said!!!! Thanks not enough. And I was just thinking of a timeline - I usually make one on paper for myself. Good idea.

I didn't want to say anything when Cubby was talking about the Vetting of posters because I did not want to betray J4S' (I hope it is okay to call you that?) confidence. But since J4S has posted the death certificate and I have not heard back from Tricia...

J4S did send me a copy of the death certificate and the article she has because she could not post it from her phone. I was going to email it to Tricia to help vett J4S and was also asking about the age of the article and if it could be posted in full.

J4S do you want me to post it here?

What do you guys think?

When articles are THAT old do we still have a problem with copyright?

And no, I have not researched any of the family names, J4S. Like the others here, I would never, without your permission. :)

I'll check back in later, one of my kids is graduating HS next month. Have to go pick up senior portraits today.

Take care everyone!

First hi Rosie were you able to get scan!!

Second maybe im being senistive but starting to feel attack on this board....

I know you guys are trying to helpso here goes.....

My Papa died in 09...... ¤EDITING: 2007 http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/view.bg?articleid=1027534

My mothers murder was always hard for some reson to explain to me .....

I got all lies or feels like half truths so I am doing this for me my mothers sister(my adoptive mother) will not b invovled n I doubt she wants to....

)

Had to edit

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member