Australia Australia - Corryn Rayney, 44, Como, WA, 7 August 2007

Thanks GG for the welcome. There's been a lot of contradictions in the reporting of this case. Also missing running sheets from police at exhumation- totally unacceptable and conflicting evidence about when/how seed pods removed from hair- no in situ photos. :maddening:
No definitive physical evidence - but that may have changed today :)
CSIRO witnesses very confident and convincing. And they have already answered the Defence's objection that no two particles are ever identical.
Liked his e.g. about our hands. Just put your palms together and see how different your hands are.
Oh! And while your palms are together - maybe say a prayer that justice will be done :)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14546889/remarkable-link-to-rayney-home/

Thanks GG for the welcome. There's been a lot of contradictions in the reporting of this case. Also missing running sheets from police at exhumation- totally unacceptable and conflicting evidence about when/how seed pods removed from hair- no in situ photos. :maddening:
CSIRO witnesses very confident and convincing. And they have already answered the Defence's objection that no two particles are ever identical.
Liked his e.g. about our hands. Just put your palms together and see how different your hands are.
Oh! And while your palms are together - maybe say a prayer that justice will be done :)

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/14546889/remarkable-link-to-rayney-home/

I certainly do so pray Tweety Pie

I have been away in Melbourne and Tasmania.

Visited, among other places, Port Arthur and the memorial to the victims of Martin Bryant.

Very moving, beautiful, peaceful and at the same time, eerie

The memorial is not on any guided tour as far as I can tell, is not actually hidden, but also not highlighted, I guess so as not to give undue attention to the perpetrator.

:candle::candle::candle::candle::candle:

JMO MOO

The article today certainly suggests that the remarkable similarity between the fragments found on Corryn's clothes, and the bricks in the family home is highly unlikely to be a concidence.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...her-home-witness/story-e6frg13u-1226450289973

:jail::jail::jail:

JMO MOO

The article today certainly suggests that the remarkable similarity between the fragments found on Corryn's clothes, and the bricks in the family home is highly unlikely to be a concidence.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...her-home-witness/story-e6frg13u-1226450289973

:jail::jail::jail:

JMO MOO

Welcome back GG - have missed you.

So at this stage the evidence is certainly pointing to the murder taking place at the home. I wonder what the defence have up their sleeves to suggest otherwise.

If it did happen at the home - does anyone have any thoughts on whether anyone else could have done it?

Welcome back GG - have missed you.

So at this stage the evidence is certainly pointing to the murder taking place at the home. I wonder what the defence have up their sleeves to suggest otherwise.

If it did happen at the home - does anyone have any thoughts on whether anyone else could have done it?

Hi MD and thanks for the welcome back!

I guess I don't know enough background on either LR or Corryn to say with any sort of certainty.

The only person who leaps to mind as a possibility is the lawyer with whom LR was allegedly having an affair, for obvious reasons of motive.

Or, an underworld figure possibly trying to make a point to LR for some reason (felt betrayed by him in some deal), and not understanding the fact that the Rayney marraige was in any case in tatters??

After that, my imagination fails me.

:waitasec::waitasec:

JMO MOO

Hi MD and thanks for the welcome back!

I guess I don't know enough background on either LR or Corryn to say with any sort of certainty.

The only person who leaps to mind as a possibility is the lawyer with whom LR was allegedly having an affair, for obvious reasons of motive.

Or, an underworld figure possibly trying to make a point to LR for some reason (felt betrayed by him in some deal), and not understanding the fact that the Rayney marraige was in any case in tatters??

After that, my imagination fails me.

:waitasec::waitasec:

JMO MOO

Thanks GG - I was think more about the physical possibility given the security at the home and driving her car away etc

I think highly improbable due to the fact she would have arrived home at 9.35 - 9.40ish , LR was still awake - person would have had to kill her then drive away in her car and Open security gates - all too risky. If it was a hit at the home, why would anyone bother to move the body - why not just leave it there? JMO

Thanks GG - I was think more about the physical possibility given the security at the home and driving her car away etc

I think highly improbable due to the fact she would have arrived home at 9.35 - 9.40ish , LR was still awake - person would have had to kill her then drive away in her car and Open security gates - all too risky. If it was a hit at the home, why would anyone bother to move the body - why not just leave it there? JMO

You make perfect sense as always MD.

Hadn't thought of a hit (I assume you mean paid for by LR) but if it was one I guess LR would want the hit man to move the body as far away from himself and his/their home as possible perhaps, so that suspicion was less likely to fall on him?

In which case, (thinking aloud still) why do it anywhere near home?

Sorry, going in circles here

JMO MOO

Just wondering if dodgy witnesses will be called to say Corryn went for a coffee before returning home?
http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/news/14267221/witnesses-say-they-saw-corryn-in-victoria-park/

Of course she may have wanted to meet with a friend for a coffee before confronting her husband but that would have put her at home well after 10 pm. Highly unlikely as she would have been keen to hear her husband's explanation about his finances and proposed parenting arrangements whilst one daughter in bed and other out. (90 minute window of opportunity)

Also - NO security gates- remember LR asked Clare O'Brien about security AFTER Corryn was missing?

Whilst the Defence is going on and ON about conspiracy theories eg: police with an agenda etc. and new found ways of distinguishing scientific examples of evidence albeit innovative or NEW in the line of science..........AT THE END OF THE DAY.....
IMO.... THEY are not displaying or arguing a relative reason or explanation as to how and why the RESULTS could be OTHERWISE....!!!!
(and we know they really don't have to, per say....)
They are not giving a good enough reason to create a 'Beyond reasonable doubt' scenario, as an objective.
It's almost like 'schoolyard squabbles'.......
I know that this is a 'Judge Only' court case HOWEVER, given what has transpired thus far, IF I was on a Jury, the Defence would be struggling to convince me that I should consider 'doubt' as an option of consideration.

AM I ALONE ON THIS???....

Whilst the Defence is going on and ON about conspiracy theories eg: police with an agenda etc. and new found ways of distinguishing scientific examples of evidence albeit innovative or NEW in the line of science..........AT THE END OF THE DAY.....
IMO.... THEY are not displaying or arguing a relative reason or explanation as to how and why the RESULTS could be OTHERWISE....!!!!
They are not giving a good enough reason to create a 'Beyond reasonable doubt' scenario, as an objective.
I know that this is a 'Judge Only' court case HOWEVER, given what has transpired thus far, IF I was on a Jury, the Defence would be struggling to convince me that I should consider 'doubt' as an option of consideration.

Agree Zoro, after reading this article this morning

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/wes...her-home-witness/story-e6frg13u-1226451033587

Methinks the defence doth protest too much me Lord

:banghead::banghead:

JMO MOO

I am with you on this Zoro. I find it incredibly frustrating to be honest. LR is not roaring from the rooftops "I'm innocent, I didn't do it" but rather being a smug *advertiser censored* trying to discredit any shred of evidence that is brought forward.

To be honest this toing and froing is driving me bonkers. I realise that analysing every detail is completely necessary, but LR's demeanor is of a man who has this case beat already. I have already likened this case to that of OJ Simpson, and it saddens me that such an accomplished woman will not get the justice she deserves.

Mouse Detective - I have always thought that it was highly plausible that LR arranged for someone else to kill his wife. If I'm honest in my opinion LR doesn't look like a man who would get his hands dirty. I think he looks so smug because he knows the police are barking up the wrong tree.
As for murdering Corryn elsewhere, I think that LR had a small window of time to work with and luring Corryn to an obscure address/region/area would have made an intelligent woman like Corryn suspicious. I think even if an accomplice was involved they had to work with what they had.

I thought Zoro was saying the case is leaning in favour of the prosecutors?

I have faith Brian Martin will make the right decision. He knows his stuff and puts a stop quickly to the defence/prosectution explaining things that he's already aware of. He said the case is expected to last weeks more from now:banghead:

I don't look into LR smugness. It's just how he is, very emotionless, it's not like his going to act in any other way. If he was found guilty he would still be exactly the same. Although what's disturbing is the girls smiling. I supose it's better to look happy than depressed, and try to look like a normal family unit.

I thought Zoro was saying the case is leaning in favour of the prosecutors?

I have faith Brian Martin will make the right decision. He knows his stuff and puts a stop quickly to the defence/prosectution explaining things that he's already aware of. He said the case is expected to last weeks more from now:banghead:

I don't look into LR smugness. It's just how he is, very emotionless, it's not like his going to act in any other way. If he was found guilty he would still be exactly the same.

Couldn't agree more Palmy. I have faith too in Brian Martin. He will deal justly with the facts and evidence that are presented. LR is always emotionless. I found the smiling photos of him strange and staged ...just like the new clean shaven look!

Hello everyone,
my first post - but have been following you a while & appreciate your updates.
(also followed the Baden-Clay case at first, not so much lately)
I will have more time soon as semi-retirement is imminent (hurrah!)

I live in Perth & hope to attend the court sometime soon - would be great to be there when he's sentenced...
My heart goes out to Corryn's father & sister & of course her daughters... but why they find it necessary to grin from ear to ear as they walk beside LR is baffling... they will need lots of support when he's sentenced & perhaps that's when they'll turn to their Grandfather & Aunt.

~

I'm a member at last! :)

I've been thinking about the missing items.
The car keys, for example. I bet my bottom dollar they are sitting on the bed of the swan river beneath the narrows bridge.
There would have been other items.
She would have had a drink bottle with her at dancing, I would imagine.
Also did the bootscooting uniform have a hat? It often does.
These items would hold the clue as to her movements after the class.

I've also been thinking about the blood. No blood found on the driveway. But yes blood on the back seat of the car. Mode of death--head trauma/neck compression (strangling). Is it possible she would have only started bleeding once in the car? Any chance she was still alive (but unconscious) when buried?

If the husband had an accomplice do the actual murder, the police are not barking up the wrong tree, just need to be barking up another tree as well...
I can't imagine an accomplice would have backtracked to dump the car in kershaw st...that was LR's haunt, not the hangout space for underworld figures.

Not to mention her handbag, wallet etc.
Why would anyone else have gone to so much trouble hiding/disposing of such items?

Hello everyone,
my first post - but have been following you a while & appreciate your updates.
(also followed the Baden-Clay case at first, not so much lately)
I will have more time soon as semi-retirement is imminent (hurrah!)

I live in Perth & hope to attend the court sometime soon - would be great to be there when he's sentenced...
My heart goes out to Corryn's father & sister & of course her daughters... but why they find it necessary to grin from ear to ear as they walk beside LR is baffling... they will need lots of support when he's sentenced & perhaps that's when they'll turn to their Grandfather & Aunt.

~

I'm a member at last! :)

Hi and welcome Cherries

:greetings:

Agree totally re the grins on the girls, very bizarre IMHO

:maddening::maddening:

I suspect they believe he is innocent because it is intolerable to their psyches to believe otherwise.

If, as we all hope, LR is found guilty, they will certainly need a lot of support as their emotional and psychological foundations will be torn out from under them.

JMO MOO

Hello everyone
This is my first post. I have been a reader of this forum for years and have finally decided to join :)

I agree with the posters that the daughters' grinning and LR's smug smirking is most odd and inappropriate in the photographs of them before Corryn’s death.
I have seen a lot of photographs of the Rayneys together as a couple not long before Corryn disappeared. One thing I notice is that although at first glance they look like a normal smiling couple, if you look at Lloyd's mouth, it is very tense and not a real smile. For example, look at the photographs of them together on the plane when they went for their bali trip. Corryn's smile is beautiful but Lloyd's is not genuine at all.

I don't understand why LR got bail and was allowed to look after the daughters, when he was accused of murdering their mother, and they were potential witnesses. This seems outrageous to me. At the very least he could try to convince them of things that suit him.

Traditionally witnesses are in danger from accused murderers - if an accused murderer decides that a witness "knows too much", they might decide to "bump them off".

The daughter that was in the house at the time of the murder may well have heard something, but been convinced by LR to forget it or that she imagined it.
I remember being 10 (as one of the daughters was when Corryn first disappeared) and if my father had told me that I was wrong about something I had seen or heard, I would have convinced myself that I was wrong about it, even if I wasn't.

The more I think about this case, the more I think that it has been horribly mishandled by the police and the legal system in general. Things like the mishandling of the evidence and LR getting bail and being allowed to look after the children. LR being allowed to lie about the burglar alarm without it being checked until it was too late etc.

It is such a very sad case. Someone like Corryn, so beautiful, intelligent and a pillar of the community, to be cut down like that, is horrendous and beggars belief.

The only bright spot is that she spent her last evening alive doing something that she really loved - dancing.

Hello everyone

I have had some thoughts about the lack of blood in the house.
I remember reading a lot about the case of Nina Reiser a few years ago (again there are a lot of similarities between that case and the case of GBC and LR).
Hans Reiser killed his wife Nina by strangling her. He claimed to be not guilty until he was finally found guilty and then offered a reduced sentence if he told them where he had buried her. At that point he started giving out information.

He said that he had strangled Nina, but there hadn't been any blood until a fair while after she died, when her nose started to bleed.

Perhaps that is what happens when someone is strangled. Perhaps that is why there was blood found in Corryn's car, but not at the house.

In the Reiser case, the police found very little blood and from memory, I don't think that any of it was from the murder.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back