GUILTY WV - Skylar Neese, 16, Star City, 6 July 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case is on JVM today...no use of social media, phone, etc in 2+ months now and she is being classified as a runaway...took no clothes, etc...

This case sounds like she met with foul play the very night she was last seen.

I think the friend knows more than what she is saying. Why did the friend park in the parking lot to pick up Skylar but says she dropped her off away from her apartment so her parents wouldn't hear her car. Wasn't she worried about her parents hearing the car when she was picked up? I don't think she was every dropped off at her house. Her last tweet was 'You doing ***** like that is why I will NEVER completely trust you' that sounds like she was tweeting about someone she knows and it could very well be her friend or the friend is in cohoots with someone who had a beef with Skylar. The friend is just probably scared of saying anything. I have a feeling this isn't going to have a happy ending. This case probably hasn't received a lot of attention because she left on her own.

But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.

I read pages and pages of Twitter around this girl. Lots of pot and alcohol in her circle. Lots.

I don't usually wonder this, but considering her and her friends' ages, I do wonder if there could have been an accidental OD or an accident or something that is being covered up. Hmmm.

OTOH, she really may have met up with a friend for an hour in a car if they were smoking a bit of pot. I still don't understand why the friend picked her up and supposedly dropped her off at different places, but I could believe they were only out for an hour otherwise.

But she only left on her own, as far as getting out of the house. She did not take anything, or leave any indication she was running away. I don't know if her friends really dropped her off (have my doubts) but if they did, someone else was around and waiting, probably someone she knew.

Exactly. She got in the car of her own volition, probably to go hang out for a bit or get into some teenage mischief (since she snuck out). I don't believe for a second she had any intention of "running away" when she got in that car.

Not sure when foul play happened or if she got out of the car and then it happened, but something stinks here.

Okay, I have not followed this case but only caught a story about it on tv last night.

I am trying to figure out how to say this without saying it.

The moment I heard the specifics of this case I had the immediate thought that Skylar's case reminded me VERY much of the murder of Shanda Sharer. I am not sure how much more I am comfortable saying since this is simply my gut talking but a google search on that case will explain what my gut is telling me.

My heart goes out to her family and for what its worth, I sincerely hope I am wrong.

Seems to be an epidemic of young girls sneaking out of the house to meet someone, then turning up missing. Who knows if she actually intended to run away or just wanted to be with her friends for awhile? She's still missing and needs to be found.
Her friends could be telling the truth, dropped her off in the parking lot because they didn't want the parents to hear the car that late.... or something happened and the friends are too scared to tell the cops about it. Either way, I hope she's found safe, but it doesn't sound too promising.

"She has a lot of friends and is big into social networks but has not been online since she disappeared. There has been no bank activity and her cell phone has not been turned on," Neese's cousin, Rikki Woodall, told The Huffington Post.

"She loves school. She's a great, 4.0 student who is in honors classes, so when school started and she was not in class, people started to really question whether something might seriously be wrong."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/10/skylar-neese-missing_n_1871268.html

Skylar sneaks out of her window to meet a friend at midnight. She is caught on security cameras.

The same friend said she dropped her off an hour later.

It isn't on the video because the friend said she wanted dropped off down the street away from her residence so as not to wake her parents.

Questions:

Why only sneak out for an hour?

-Can't be to chat with a girl friend because she could have done that with her cellphone. My guess is for drugs or to meet with a boy. Skylar's twitter account confirms that she drinks and smokes pot.

Why wasn't Skylar worried about being picked up right in front of the house at midnight?

-It doesn't add up for me that she wanted dropped off somewhere else an hour later?

The friend's story simply doesn't make sense.

I just see a FB page for Skylar. Why isn't she listed in NamUs yet?

Hi all, I joined WS about a month ago, but have never posted. I have read all the TOS & help boards, but please let me know if I'm doing anything wrong :)

Anyway, I'm not sure how helpful this is, but I was born & raised in Morgantown, WV (of which Star City is part) and I went to the same high school as the missing girl. The town is the home of WVU which is a very well known "party school." I was in the "popular" crowd at University High, and while drinking and marijuana were very widely used, it was never a school with a large number of students using heavy drugs. High school students in Morgantown regularly go to college night clubs and party in wooded areas on small roads on the outskirts of town.

At first, I had the same question as No Stone Unturned, "why only an hour?" However, given what she was wearing, it doesn't sound like she was going to a party or a club or to meet a boy. Flip flops are not a good choice for a party in the woods, and they aren't allowed in a lot of the clubs/bars in town. Also, if she was meeting a boy, I assume it's someone she liked but wasn't in a relationship with (as no boyfriend was mentioned). If a 16y/o is going to go to the trouble of sneaking out to meet a boy, she's probably going to put more effort into an outfit.

From the posts on her Twitter feed, it sounds like she was going through something and maybe just wanted to talk with a friend, drive around, etc. Either way, I think the friend is the major key here. In one of the first articles it said the friends were not being helpful, which is very disconcerting.

Concerning the publicity of her disappearance, WVU is the major source of income for Morgantown (along with the liquid generics company Mylan Pharm.). Crime is not something that is widely publicized as the town likes to present a "clean & wholesome" image to prospective students. Unfortunately, I am not surprised by the lack of coverage. There are no TV stations in Morgantown, and the town newspaper the Dominion Post is not the type of hard hitting journalism you see in other cities.

As always, you guys are amazing, and I hope we can get some information soon. I know this is a cliche, but things like this just don't happen at my old high school, and I hope the family gets Skyler back safe.

Where are you Skylar?

I wonder if the friend who claimed to drop her off near her home an hour after she snuck out has been given a lie detector test?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher