Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF ANYONE HEARS OF A NEWS CONFERENCE OR ANY SHOW THAT IS GOING TO HAVE AN UPDATE ON THIS TRAGEDY, PLEASE LET ME KNOW. THANKS!!!

(and welcome Torsade - is this the case that brought you to WS?)

Is the PC at 2:00 EST or at 3:00?

thanks

I just don't see why two young girls would leave home, walk 15 minutes to a bridge, then turn right around and head home.

LOL, seriously, because that's what kids do.
When my girls were around that age, they could walk to the creek behind the house--15 minutes up, 15 minutes back with a cell phone. It made the kids feel a little grown up because we didn't do the mall drop off thing.
So they had 30 minutes walking time.

Now of course we have to look at what happened to these 2 precious girls. :(

I don't think they made it all the way to the bridge. It looks to be at least 3/4 mile from the girls house. Plus, they were found on the right side of the road to the side, as if a car had just come up from behind them (or they were accustomed to staying near the edge of the road while walking just in case a car came up behind them). It looks like they were still walking toward the bridge, not away from it from the position of the bodies and the various pictures I've seen of the memorials.

I read one article that says the 911 call from the grandfather was at 5:41 p.m. and that he had walked the road to find the girls after they didn't answer the cell phone. I wish we knew when Skyla's mother called to say she was coming by to pick her up (which also doesn't make sense if the sleepover was Sunday evening, why pick her up that evening).

There was another interview where Skyla's mother says she felt something was wrong when she was driving up and saw Taylor's grandfather by the side of the road. So, did she arrive after the call, but before the authorities where there?

Anway, from the reports, I don't think they made it to the bridge. I don't think they saw anything, and it makes it sound like they may have been killed between 5:10 and 5:20, closer to the start of the walk than the end of it.

A spokesman with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said detectives still have no suspects in the girls' deaths. Investigators are back at the scene on Thursday, authorities said, looking into angles from where the girls were found.

http://www.koco.com/news/16547383/detail.html

WELEETKA — Investigators have blocked off the dirt road this afternoon where two girls were found shot to death Sunday evening.

Agents can be seen using global positioning devices, possibly to map the area where Taylor Dawn Paschal-Placker, 13, and Skyla Jade Whitaker, 11, were found shot to death in a ditch along a dirt road less than a mile from Taylor's home Sunday evening.

http://newsok.com/area-near-weleetk...searched-again/article/3256493/?tm=1213292622

I am so glad they are back with their GPS devices. They know how the children fell, they know the shots were to the front and they know if the bullets entered at an angle and if it was right, left, downward, etc.......so they will be able to position themselves where the shooters were when they fired the shots.

Hopefully LE is keeping mum about what all that the eye witness told them they saw. They may want that out there that there is an eye witness to put pressure on the shooters and make them worry about if they were seen.

imoo

Reports from LE state the girls were on the way back. I would assume this had to do with footprints from the girls to verify it.

This crime just breaks my heart.

Thank you to all that have kept updating with links and news. ( I don't have cable or satellite - rabbit ears only - which means static only here in hilly northwest Pa.)

I don't think they made it all the way to the bridge. It looks to be at least 3/4 mile from the girls house. Plus, they were found on the right side of the road to the side, as if a car had just come up from behind them (or they were accustomed to staying near the edge of the road while walking just in case a car came up behind them). It looks like they were still walking toward the bridge, not away from it from the position of the bodies and the various pictures I've seen of the memorials.

I read one article that says the 911 call from the grandfather was at 5:41 p.m. and that he had walked the road to find the girls after they didn't answer the cell phone. I wish we knew when Skyla's mother called to say she was coming by to pick her up (which also doesn't make sense if the sleepover was Sunday evening, why pick her up that evening).

There was another interview where Skyla's mother says she felt something was wrong when she was driving up and saw Taylor's grandfather by the side of the road. So, did she arrive after the call, but before the authorities where there?

Anyway, from the reports, I don't think they made it to the bridge. I don't think they saw anything, and it makes it sound like they may have been killed between 5:10 and 5:20, closer to the start of the walk than the end of it.

I think the sleepover was on the weekend and Skyla's mother was picking her up from it Sunday afternoon.

She was on the way to pick her daughter up going down that same road when Mr. Placker stopped her and wouldn't let her go any further. She arrived before LE got to the scene. The cell call was made after she had called Taylor's grandmother saying that she was picking up Skyla. The kids had just left shortly before and had left the house around 5pm I think.

I think LE said they never made it to the bridge that it was over a 1/2 mile from where their bodies were found.

imoo

I think the sleepover was on the weekend and Skyla's mother was picking her up from it Sunday afternoon.

She was on the way to pick her daughter up going down that same road when Mr. Placker stopped her and wouldn't let her go any further. She arrived before LE got to the scene. The cell call was made after she had called Taylor's grandmother saying that she was picking up Skyla. The kids had just left shortly before and had left the house around 5pm I think.

I think LE said they never made it to the bridge that it was over a 1/2 mile from where their bodies were found.

imoo

I agree, fwiw, w/everything above, except that LE said they never made it to the bridge. IIRC, it has been stated they DID make to to the bridge and were on their way back......maybe that was initally and now they are saying different?

I am a many year lurker. Never had the confidence to post. I was born and raised in Okmulgee, visited Henryetta and Dewar every weekend. (Grandparents) This case just breaks my heart. When I lived there it was a quiet serene place, no fear of walking down a dirt road in broad daylight. I am sure the innocences of that has long past. I do believe that this was done by locals. The teens now days seem to have no regard for life, I do believe that the girls came upon something illegal going down and were therefore targeted to silence them. I am not familiar with the gang activities around these parts so don't know if it could be gang involement. It is kind of hard for me to think of gangs in such small communities because of everyone knowing everyone. Doesn't seem they could get away with much, as SS spoke that in Oklahoma City and Tulsa they are prolific, but in a very small town?

I hope they catch these people and soon. I'm off to watch the press conference now.

Investigators return to scene:

Crime scene investigators returned today to the back country road near Weleetka where two young girls were discovered shot to death four days ago.
Spokeswoman Jessica Brown of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation called the return typical.
Investigators will walk the scene and discuss evidence.
Authorities still have no motive or suspect information in the deaths of 13-year-old Taylor Paschal-Placker and 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker.

http://www.kswo.com/Global/story.asp?S=8481852

The tests showed that two different-caliber guns were used to kill the girls, but it isn't clear whether the guns were handguns or long guns.

That means that if they were longarms (ie rifles) they were light calibre. There are rifles (carbines really) that fire 9mm and .40S&W pistol rounds. ETA: Also, submachineguns (like Uzi's) often fire 9mm rounds.

"Where we were looking for one [shooter], possibly two, now it looks more likely there are two or more," Special Agent Ben Rosser of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said at a press conference Wednesday.

Two or more? As in taking turns shooting or multiple weapons hitting each girl?

That's a fairly chilling scenario. Almost sounds like a firing squad.

When asked about if the witness provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.

Also, both girls were shot with both guns.

When asked about if the witnessed provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.

That's significant.

When asked about if the witness provided description and names of the shooters, the spokesman paused and gave great thought to his answer, then said the witness provided no names. When asked again about a description, he said he'd rather not comment on that right now.

:blowkiss:We must have posted at the same time!
I found that comment VERY interesting!

Reporter just asked about a 19 year old known to stalk young girls in the area and the spokesman said he doesn't know anything about that. He also said the area is not a drug haven.

ETA: he's not ruling the drug connection out though. Saying someone could have pulled over to shoot up or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken