UT - Ethan Stacy, 4, Layton, 10 May 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
28 May 1300 next court date

holding them on probable cause until they have all the ducks in a row

I did think that also, but for me.....it is the reality that she watched and did nothing as her son was brutally beaten...and when it was over...she helped her sons murderer bury his body.

http://www.fox13now.com/media/acrobat/2010-05/53729228.pdf

She had the opportunity to save his life...she made a concious choice not too. She should be accountable for this. (my opinion only)

Nate's mom would probably be an excellent witness for the prosecution!!! Not so much if she is a convicted felon. moo

Would be a disservice to Ethan, his family, and all who are asking them to seek justice for Ethan if they did not do this the way they're doing it.

This guy is good.

PRESSER RECAP

David Cole (assisting the prosecutor) speaking now.

Offering condolences to Ethans family, and thanks to the public.

Says they're concerned for the privacy of Ethans family and memory.

Prosecutor Troy Rawlings speaking now. Says it's the intent of the Davis Co. Prosecutor office to seek the highest charges they can.

Stephanie and Nathan being held without bail while the investigation continues.

Troy Rawlings says their is evidence of Ethans abuse, and that abuse caused the death of Ethan.

There were over 50 officers from various agencies involved with this case.

The medical examiners office is a key component of this case.

Commends the Layton PD for responding quickly and acting professionally.

Prosecutor going on and on about how professional Layton PD and PD Chief acted.

Says things are being processed to determine how accurate the documents are now, but says they were accurate at the time.

Says the documents were held for a few hours before being released because the police chief wanted to tell Ethans father the information first.

Charges today were NOT formally filed. They intend to file with the second district court once the evidence they need is obtained, submitted, and processed.

Nathan and Stephanie will BOTH be charged with aggravated murder, child abuse, descreation of a corpse and obstruction of justice. Looking at 4 felonies.

Says Ethans father was appreciative that charges weren't filed today so that LE had time to get their ducks in a row.

Prosecutor says the bail status was changed this morning to be held without bail.

They are scheduled to be in court at 1pm today, and 1 or 1:30pm on May 28th.

Gathering evidence and waiting to file charges until they have enough evidence that a jury will all say guilty.

Financial records, computer records, audio and video recordings, photographs, etc. are all being looked at as evidence right now.

Medical examiners office says a complete autopsy will be available in "a couple of weeks".

Prosecutor is stressing that they are still gathering evidence, and that's why they haven't filed.

Says public outpour has been tremendous. Offering burial plots, trust funds, etc. Public greatly wants to help Ethan Stacy and his family.

Says they know that Stephanie and Nathan are still presumed as innocent.

UT has a crime victims bill of rights, and defendants may need more time for evidence, expert witnesses, etc.

Justice will not happen overnight.

Under Rule 3.6 prosecutors cannot comment about the facts of the case due to the fact that the defendants are entitled to a fair trial.

Taking time for reporters questions...

Reporter asking if they will have a hard time establishing aggravated murder charge. Prosecutor says if they can't justify it, they won't file it.

Reporter asking if they feel Stephanie is just as responsible as Nathan. Prosecutor says there is a "massive information of evidence above and beyond the statements" that Stephanie is just as responsible.

Reporter asking about motive. Prosecutor declined to comment.

Reporter asking about a fair trial in Davis County due to media attention. Prosecutor says he's not worried about it.

Reporter asking about where Ethans body is. Prosecutor said Ethans body is still at ME office.

Says it could be around the 25th-28th of May before a cause of death is released.

ME Office is "being careful and thoughtful".

Prosecution says they know a lot more than the documents.

Says bail is being changed several times due to more and more evidence coming in.

Prosecutor doesn't know whether Nathan and Stephanie have showed any remorse, or what section of the jail (ie-isolation) that they're in.

ME needs a couple of weeks to determine which injuries were pre and post mortem

I'm glad they are waiting to file charges so that they can give them the max sentence!
One of the things they are waiting on is cause of death and it may take weeks.

The biggest thing they're waiting on is evidence IMO. Second biggest is M.E.'s report. again, MOO

They don't want to prematurely charge, and if they're going to be criticized for it, it's fine with him.

Love him. He knows his stuff.

JMHO this just might be a DP case. (listening to internet presser)

Elderly lady offered her burial grave in Bountiful, Ut., if the family did not have one yet.

Would be a disservice to Ethan, his family, and all who are asking them to seek justice for Ethan if they did not do this the way they're doing it.

This guy is good.

He's fantastic. Our family knows him personally.

Does anyone have a contact or email for LE? I would like to send them a thank you, we appreciate what you've done, you're not alone sort of note.

Yes, it is just doing their job; but they did it fantastically, and it has to be devastating for them to have to deal with it...and to handle the crime scene and carry the memories of the things they saw and have heard...

So I'd like to give them a bit of a note...

As for the prosecutor, he is doing a wonderful job...

Rest easy, Ethan. There are people who are fighting for you now, and would've fought for you before if they'd known...and many, many thousands sending love and prayers for you and your Dad. Fly free, sweet boy, fly free and happy...safe and loved in the Arms of God, dancing with angels, and no more pain or fear. Fly free, darling one...fly free.

Best-
Herding Cats

Utah code subsection two for aggravated murder charges regarding child abuse.
They think Stephanie is just as guilty to charge her with the same.
Mass of evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members